If you're spending more than 6 hours a day grinding instances

In other words, you suck at WoW

1 Like

You don’t really need a Ferrari to go grocery shopping but some people do
None of anyone’s business, if someone needs to grind 50 per day it’s their right to do so. Play the way you want and stop judging others.

2 Likes

Nonsense.

1 Like

It’s always amusing to see how people try to justify their unhealthy habits by giving examples of other unhealthy habits :wink:

1 Like

Why is it nonsense? Do you think Blizzard envisioned a mage killing 150 mobs at once in order to power level three afk guys in Maraudon when they coded Improved Blizzard?

1 Like

I very much disagree with this. An SGC farm takes like 5 minutes with less than a 5 man group. You can farm it for 15 minutes, log out, switch to an alt until the hour time is up and come back to do it again. It took 85 resets for one of the warriors I helped to get his and 87 for the other.

The cap could easily be hit in one Saturday afternoon helping these guys. Just because YOU don’t doesn’t mean other people who do aren’t legitimate players.

And just because YOU feel that boosting people is abuse doesn’t make it true. As I said earlier, boosting has been happening in RPGs for decades, including Vanilla back in the day.

Perhaps those botters you saw were part of the ban wave that just happened. Which is progress, yes! Again, your evidence is anecdotal and you’ve provide no actual evidence of numbers across all servers. The only ones who can do that are Blizzard and the only numbers they provided are the 74k they banned. Your argument may be better served using actual facts and data.

1 Like

If you’re using 5-man groups to get SGC you’re kind of abusing your teammates… I soloed mine, and easily got to 5 resets an hour.

And that isn’t really anedoctal evidence, the number of bots decreased by a lot in the heavily affected server, you can go to any previously heavily-botted zone and /who every heavily-botted dungeon and perceive a decrease in the number of characters there. The number of bots decreased, period, we just don’t know exactly WHY it decreased.

There’s a lot of people in this world who consider themselves winners not by their own accomplishments, but on how they can hurt others. That’s all these people are- the change doesn’t mean anything to them, but it angers some and for them that is what brings them joy.

Imagine believing everything you listed has anything to do with accomplishing something in life.

You’re a closeted narcissist who’s easily baited. You could have argued in good faith, but instead you made anecdotal examples about your own life. So insightful.

While I don’t agree with people instance grinding for 6 + hours. In my opinion, it’s their dime.

While I might not instance grind for 6+ hours, I do play WoW in general for probably around that a day. Give or take some time depending on what my plans are.

Just going over the list you made and evaluating it based on my tastes.

Take a shower - that takes about 15 minutes.
Go outside - to miserable outside right now.
Spend time with your loved ones - Might be later
Pursue gainful employment - Already do and this is my unwind time
Go back to school - YES! go in dept to flip a burger lol
Adopt a pet - I could get a cat but they are pretty independent
Take up a new hobby - already have plenty of those
Volunteer at a local charity - If I could find one that let me not interact with people. and was close by sure!
Read a book - not much of a reader
Watch a movie - Probably will later if I spend time with my SO
Exercise - Do that already at work
Learn to cook - I’m already decent at cooking.
Clean your home - Only have to put away laundry and do up a few coffee cups. 15 minutes max maybe?
Date - ALREADY DO!

I like your list though, it gave me something to think about. Thanks for making it.

If WoW classic isn’t casual enough for you, I hear Animal Crossing is a great game!

In all seriousness though, you’re the reason the original Blizzard team went with 25-man raids when they released BC; the game wasn’t “casual enough” for the average player.

Someone forgot there is a worldwide pandemic going on huh.

At least it’s similar to the rest of the world who keep forgetting that’s a thing

To the people saying 6+ hours a day is to much time spent and this change is good.

I’ll give a simple example of how you are wrong, feral druids (tank or dps) go I to gnomregan to farm the cowrd pummeler and can do those runs in 5-10 minutes each, which means they spend less than 3 hours farming for something that is needed for them to be remotely competitive in raids or have enough aggro for the raid. And then they need to get gold / materials for consumables, so that could mean even more instance farming… And now with the change a druid who used to be able to spend his weekends farming all day to have what he needs for raids, now can’t do so, so he has to farm durring the week? Well he doesn’t have time for that, he was only able to play for any noticeable length of time on the weekend, so what does he do?

Should he just farm the crowd pummeler and then buy gold? Because for some people that’s the only options they have left. They can’t play every day, so would do their farm fests on their weekends. But now? They won’t be able to do that and open world farming is very random in it’s productivity. So will they have to buy gold now just to stay at the competitive level that they were at before this change???

If it’s impossible because of real life and this new restriction to be able to keep up with their guilds needs, will they be guild kicked? Will they have to find a more “casual” guild? Will they be forced into rerolling a class that doesn’t need to farm specific items like crowd pummeler, or maybe even dark runes for healers??? Or do they farm their needed consumables from the instance and buy gold to have their other “guild required” consumables?

This restriction change takes away optio s for people who can’t play every day to be self productive and forces then to either play sub optimally in comparison to what they want to do, buy gold, or even completely reroll.

If it was say 210 instances a week this wouldn’t be as bad, because with the 5/hour restriction it still limits someone to 120/day so why not make it a 210/week this makes it effect the people who can only farm 1-2 days a week able to do what they need to do, while still limiting it the same amount as the 30/day would on a weekly basis.

Or, you could do you and let others do them…After all, you don’t pay their sub fee.

1 Like

OH THE PLIGHT OF TEH DROODZ!

I am a server top 10 bear tank on my server, I use MCPS. I MIGHT have to farm MCPs twice a month, maybe 20 total resets of gnomergan.

Oh the humanity! Because of the instance cap… I guess now I have to farm AFTER my raids are done for the week… OH NOES.

I also have several characters that I pay to have powerleveled, and several 60s that run ony, ZG, MC whenever I feel like it…

Never had a problem with lockouts, and if I did, I would find something else to do than cry on the forums about it.

I’m sorry you can no longer exploit terrain on your mage and print money in ZG to the same level you once were able too.
I am sorry your side business of boosting players is going to be affected.

But the truth is, we as players really don’t care about people who exploit the game to make zillions of gold and tank the server economy.

The 30 instance lockout was NOT for bots, it was for players acting like bots.

20 total resets got you enough pummeler for a month of raiding? RNJesus must love you… I have had times I had to kill over 300 elite quest mobs for a 10% chance item to drop, and that’s my normal luck.

Not everyone is a lucky on loot as you are.

So those who don’t have the luck get what they need through hours on hours of farming. And now that option has been hard nerfed.

I killed 700 of the demons in ashera for the demonic runes, and got 3 runes, one of my guildies went there for half an hour and had 10 of them on his priest healer…

Some people have the luck for this change to not be a problem. Others, like myself don’t and we make up for it by sheer determination to outwork the bad luck.

I hate to break it to you, but people who are grinding Rank 14 spend at least 3X the amount of time and this excludes their raiding and farming outside of pvp rank grinding.

To these people, it is normal.

Also, these people are breathing life into WoW classic and making the economy vibrant. Without them, you wouldn’t see certain mats or buy them at a cheap price.

MCP has 3 charges each, and is a 30% drop rate off a gnomergan boss 50 feet from the instance reset portal.

It’s a 30% drop, meaning in 5 resets you should get 2, and in 20 resets you should get about 6-8.

As a tank, I never “need” to use one unless I choose to do so. I rarely use more than 1 MCP per raid, only really for speed runs and cat DPS.

Even assuming cat dps, pummeler on every boss, I would still have enough for 4 BWL raids.

Of course I have done 10 lockouts and not get a pummeler, but then I do 5 lockouts and get one every time. Overall, the rate is close to 30%. That particular boss only drops the MCP or a pair of boots.

And? Why does it matter to you if someone spends 8 hours on wow or 8 hours on their bums picking their nose?

Are you the 2nd coming? Are you volunteering to those who are less fortunate? Sharing your wise words of intellect upon thiegh peasants!?

Let’s be real people spend their time doing a lot of things that either don’t make sense or money FOR YOU! But for THEM it makes them happy. If it is not hurting you or anyone else then why waste your breath?

Edit: Rhetorical questions.

Even if you slept for 8 hours a day, and did everything above, you would still have 6 hours left to grind dungeons a day :stuck_out_tongue: