If you're spending more than 6 hours a day grinding instances

I am not a ‘non-raider’. I raid. I do not farm instances to up my parses for raids.

We clear raids just fine.

I guess I assumed because you said you were “casual” earlier

Yeah. Showing up for 2 hours a couple nights a week feels a lot more casual to me than farming gnomregan dozens of times per week so I can flex about my parses.

1 Like

Is it really a flex to just be on-par with dps?

I guess it really depends. I guess if your guild requires you hit certain benchmarks in order to raid, it can feel like you need to do it. I understand that there are guilds that expect flasks, world buffs, DM buffs, the whole nine yards, just to clear farm content as quickly as possible.

But it’s not really ‘as quickly as possible’ because you’re having to put in extra time outside of raids to make raids go faster. So the argument of person-hours saved kind of falls flat. It’s also unfair to expect certain classes (druids) to farm for hours to hit a benchmark that frankly, does not matter at all. Like if you’re hitting hard content and that MCP is the difference between your guild wiping or your guild killing the boss, fine, I get it. But that’s really not the case here either.

So really it comes down to wanting to look at recount and feel good about it. And hey, if that’s what people want out of the game, if that’s what makes them happy, then so be it. But that word you used: need. People feel like they need to do things like farm Gnomer so they can have multiple MCPs per boss?

That sucks. I am sure there are a lot of people who do not enjoy that.

It’s not semantics.

There’s a very obvious difference between grinding dungeons non-stop for 6 hours and doing 6x 15 minute sessions in a 24 hour period.

You really think someone who spends 15 minutes 6 times a day within 24 hours is really someone who needs to…?:

Dude, 1.5 hours is not a lot of time. Even ultra casual literal dad gamers have that much time.

1 Like

Our guild requires nothing. From anyone. Its crazy how casual yet successful we are. We would actually prefer if people didn’t wanna parse but we don’t wanna limit people like dicks (OH SNAP ON BLIZZARD) so here we are. (I would actually parse even better as a healer if I didn’t have to care about the tanks dying and losing their threat buffs) .

And yet… this is the norm. This is every guild. This is what many of them expect. I am on a med pop casual server and we have the least requirements from what I’ve heard of some of the others. Its crazy. So yeah, it is required. WHICH IS NUTS. Its’ the easiest content of classic. So YOU being like “others should realize this and not min max” doesn’t make THAT true and just makes it harder for feral druids to get spots if they can’t farm MCPs. (our druid said she doesn’t want to raid feral without being able to farm MCPS, and I get that too. Some people wanna be their best at stuff. I GET THAT TOO)

And our one feral druid doesn’t like the change because she could spend 15 min of her day farming MCP during whatever else of the day, and now she can’t. This week was… well we’ll float on ok, we’ll all float on anyway. She didn’t like the cap. It didn’t work. We’ll float on anyway…

But if someone wants to be great at their class then who are you to say they can’t?

Apparently, Blizzard, you know, if you have good RNG, the will or schedule to basically make farming MCPs a daily, or already had a stockpile.

There probably are people who don’t enjoy that. Maybe fix it in a way that doesn’t nerf druids who are already considered a meme spec. Though good luck, Blizzard already has a bad rep for that.

Edit: Holy hell I had to fix so many typos

start a clock when you start your first instance, don’t stop the clock until you have done your 30th instance…it takes a minimum of 6 hours to complete up to 30 instances…what you are arguing is semantics I am done with this conversation because SEMANTICAL arguments are DUMB.

I don’t give a F about what the original conversation was even about this point

I hate this change I hate everything about it, if a person wants to farm for 6 hours that should be their prerogative. I hate arguing semantics more GO AWAY WITH YOUR SEMANTICS.

Take a shower.
Only need 3x a week, I keep my room cool so I don’t sweat. I’m surprisingly not a naturally stinky person lol! Plus it saves water.
Go outside.
I do while waiting for 5 instance cooldown to reset. Usually to fire up the BBQ!
Spend time with your loved ones.
My wife is next to me watching tv :wink:
Pursue gainful employment.
I’m disabled and leeching off the system.
Go back to school and further your education.
I’m pretty set where I’m at thx.
Adopt a pet.
Already have, I keep a bowl of treats next to me just for him!
Take up a new hobby.
I love to cook, I’m a BBQ master and can BBQ while gaming. Brisket can take hours my friend, love that slow n’ sear!
Volunteer at a local charity.
Nah, I donate in other ways.
Read a book.
Why when I have the world wide web at my fingertips? Tons of free ebooks or if I really want a certain author I can buy the ebook. Audiobooks are a great background noise!
Watch a movie.
I do, more like audiobook style in the background while grinding instances.
Exercise.
I have a bicycle thing under my desk to keep the blood flowing lol, does that count?
Learn to cook.
I already know!
Clean your home.
It’s very immaculate, being a gamer doesn’t mean you have to be a pig. Don’t be a pig and you don’t have a pigs mess to clean after!
Date.
Already married :innocent:
And so much more!
Nah, as I mentioned before, I’m pretty set where I’m at in life :wink:

2 Likes

I tried to find a single post of yours complaining about only being able to farm 30 instances a day and found none.

Super disappointed you didn’t suggest a song on YouTube!

I’m limited to one reply at a time because weird rules from Blizzard.

I have no idea what you or your family’s taste in music is.

Play Country Roads by John Denver.

Um don’t worry about my fam’s taste, just what your earnest suggestion. Anything by john denver is an interesting choice but play country roads is a banger. I went with Y-Control by the yeah yeah yeahs. YOU TOOK TOO LONG

If it hasn’t been explained yet, you actually can hit the 30 instance cap within 2 hours of actual gameplay. The hourly limit means you can’t be in it the whole time.

Although we’ve had mixed reports. Some say they get blocked at 30 combined instances, others say it’s 30 of every instance… but it’s unclear.

Everyone likes Country Roads.

RIP Merlin of Kingsmen

1 Like

Smokin’ by Boston.

Damn you older than me?!!! Actually pretty good suggestion though.

I went with with Foo Fighters Pretenders after your suggestion. Not their best song, but one of their good later songs.

I do all of that except volunteer… Still hit the cap…

I have made around 9000 gold on my mage by farming lashers and I’ve never come close to 30 instances. If you’re not abusing boosting, which is clearly an unintended game mechanic, I don’t see how you would ever hit 30 instances in a day. Most people have never played 10-12 hours in a single day.

Like, we understand that this update is hurting legitimate players but when the number of affected players are low enough, and Blizzard says it is really, really low, we can safely sacrifice the few if the alternative is dealing with a gamebreaking amount of bots. And don’t say it didn’t work, if you play in a heavily botted server you know that the difference between before and after the update is undeniable, my server went from 50+ automatically generated names (all mages) coming up on /who stratholme at 4 AM to 15-20 players at that time of the day, most of them clearly legitimate.

1 Like