If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

1. beat it 13 years ago
  2. its a filler for actual wow content
  3. its the boring
  4. if you thought trade, general chats are bad now, they will are gonna be 1000x worse
  5. Its got like 2 months of content.
1 Like

I am not playing Classic on launch day because I was there November 24, 2004 when all this wonderful Madness started for me. At some point I may give classic a try, but as for right now I have no desire to go back.

I am curious if my wife will try classic (I hope she does) she started playing at the launch of TBC so she missed out.

I am genuinely happy for everyone who get’s to try classic World of Warcraft and I hope they have a blast.

1 Like

Launch day was November 23rd, 2004. I can’t go back in time.

Actually, I have already played it on multiple characters, including this one. I don’t think the replay value makes it worthwhile.

What does it matter? I really want to know.

Because i dont want anything to do with the “best community ever” as they call it. If i play it, it will be some time in 2020 when the initial hype dies down and all the “ZOMG CLASSIC IS BES” players will supoosedly be at lvl cap throwing themselves against ragnaros.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing wow since early 2005. I raided through Naxx. Killed c’thun. Our group managed to down thaddius before calling it quits. I hit rank 11 in the honor system. I had rare enchanting patterns and all the flask alchemy recipes. I got a teebu’s blazing longsword off one of the bosses from the gate opening event. I spent hours stealthing through LBRS to get the arcanite reaper pattern, or through BRD to farm a shanker. I soloed dungeon bosses for trinkets and set pieces when that was something impressive to do.

I did everything I ever wanted to do and more, and going back and trying to recapture that will be like trying to capture lightning in a bottle.

I’m good, I don’t feel a strong desire to do it again, but I understand why those who weren’t able to experience that much of the game would look back on it with nostalgia and try to have just a piece of that experience.

2 Likes

I been there and have no real interest at all for classic. I want the fond memories to stay there. The minds of players where quite a bit different then they are today. I don’t want to ruin those good memories I had made back in the day.

Another reason is, I like the newer races and models we have. I confess some vanity in this as an artist… and with no option to have the newer models it makes me sad. I also don’t know how to handle no transmog either XD (Of course I’m jesting about the transmog thing, but have to clarify because not everyone can see it’s a joke)

Edited to add… I almost forgot, the only thing I miss from classic was the original Hillsbrad/Alterac elite zone. For a questing and grinding zone these where my favorites.

why?
because I didnt like what I saw about vanilla 15 years ago. Im only playing retail because its NOT like classic. Nothing has changed.

I also played vanilla. So I can say from experience that it was crap compared to retail. The only advantage was “community”. But I see absolutely zero rational reason why that “community” will return with classic. Therefore I will not bother with it.

3 Likes

It’s safe to assume the servers will be a s**tshow on day 1. There isn’t a chance they’ll be working right on launch day.

I’m planning on trying it, but I lived and played during the Vanilla experience. As rose-colored as my nostalgia was, it still had its lumps and warts with it.

because i played during the “real” classic… and once was enough. this watered down version won’t even be the same experience we had back then because it has a lot of the QoL changes over the years added in… not to mention nothing’s new so people know the fights and where to level.

1 Like

What happened to the “waaahhh, this is the wrong forum” posts? Many people in this thread, OP included, seem to be ok with it just so long as it wasn’t a pro-Classic post. Funny how that works.

:rofl:

I also played near the end of vanilla, having started 6 months before Burning Crusade released. While vanilla is what got me into the game, the expansions are what have kept me here. I was 21 - so a young adult - when I first started playing, and over the years, time has become a more and more precious commodity for me. I just don’t have the kind of time now at 34 to invest in WoW that I did back when I first started.

I will almost certainly hop into Classic and bum around a bit, mainly so that I can experience Tirisfal Glades and Teldrassil just as I did when I first started (I especially miss Brill). I might even do a little RP once in a while, but even that’s going to be pretty rare.

I’ll be surprised if I ever make it past level 30 on a single character, frankly.

1 Like

Do you consider BfA to be WoW maturing/growing? Cause it feels like the exact opposite.

Won’t be playing classic, don’t need to explain it to you.

Thanks

08/23/19: Classic thread #3 Muted

2 Likes

Because I fought and argued on these forums for years for classic wow. The day it was announced it felt so good to rub it in to all the naysayers. Also BFA is pretty trashy, I prefer WOD over it.

The same reason im not playing witcher 3. I already played it, I dont feel like doing it again.

1 Like

That’s too bad considering that game changes completely based on how you play and the choices you make, including multiple different endings.

Because it’s going to be a complete dumpster fire. I’ll play after things die down.