If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

I think your entire response to what I said is a bit of a stretch. You’re reading way too much into my response.

No, it isn’t condescending. I’m sorry you feel that way about it, but no.

True, but that’s why I said I’m not going to play it. Been there, done that, t-shirt and all. That doesn’t mean I think everyone that wants to play it is looking for a nostalgia trip.

:woman_shrugging:

Some people never experienced it, or anything like it, and it’ll be new for them.

I didn’t say others would be playing for nostalgic reasons. Just that I wouldn’t be, but that I can understand why others will play it.

I’m not here for a debate on which game is superior. I’m not gonna go back and do what I already did before just to do it. Some people will, and some never experienced it to begin with. There’ll be a mix of both there.

I mean, others might be doing that. I wasn’t.

1 Like

Tried it when it was up for test a while back. Just more leveling, with lots of competition for quest targets. Hate leveling, hate crowds going after the same things I am. Not interested.

Also:
From a Reddit post:

“You’re deluding yourself if you think that classic World of Warcraft will bring that all back. It won’t. It can’t. That experience can’t be replicated any more than returning to Disneyland as an adult can recreate the first time I visited when I was 10 years old. Those days, and that game are gone.”

1 Like

I’ve been playing since BC, and while I do think back to a lot of things I liked back then, overall I just prefer the way things are now, so I don’t know if I’ll ever play classic. I might hop in and make a toon to goof off with, but I won’t take it serious.
I am quite fond of seeing quests on maps, ground mounts, flying mounts, allied races, transmogs and any other qol things I can’t think of. Not having a bag full of arrows on my hunters is nice too.
No hate for classic fans, but I’m content with things now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Classic has no appeal at all to me. It is stupid long and grindy, artificially inflated time gating was beyond dumb back then, taking long to do things no than in retail for no reason besides because, and it is something that I hated back then, and will hate now lol. No rose colored glasses here thank god.

2 Likes

Well i have a lot of reasons.
1)i might not be alive for it, i mean a lot of things a day can kill you, and we still have 3 days…
2) My computer might explode,
3)I am not lucky, reasons 1 or 2 might happen.

1 Like

Been there , done that.

I’ll try it out for a while for nostalgia sake. But I cant even go back and really enjoy PacMan when i know MS PacMan is out there.

3 Likes

Because I’m casual af and I have too much I want to get done in retail. I want to finish all my pathfinders. Never did Legion or WoD pathfinders. I’ll be taking a break in a month, so I want to get some stuff done. Casual af.

Because I played it like 15 years ago, I know what it’s like and am not interested. I’m sure glad it is there for people to enjoy though.

4 Likes

Been there, done that, don’t need to see it again. I want new content.

1 Like

Two reasons.

1. Login queues. My server is already packed, and the queues are bound to be huge even some time after launch. I’d rather not go through that.

2. I’ve been through the experience of trying to go the first few levels among with a million other people competing for quest mobs. It’s the quintessential Vanilla experience, which I do not look forward to having again, so even if I can’t completely avoid it, I’m gonna at least try not to get the blunt of it.

The boars are not gonna have a chance.

I’ll will be playing classic casually, I don’t have the time I did when I was 14. I will let the starting areas calm down a bit before I level.

1 Like

I have no desire to play classic.

Retail has its fair share of problems but transmog, flying, the ability to solo old stuff are the main reasons I don’t want to play classic. Classic will be slow and the grind will be real. I don’t have time for that.

3 Likes

Legion launch was amazing. The game just turned on and I was able to head off to stormheim. No problems at all. Plenty of people I know have said that the launch worked great for them too.

Because I’m 34 years old and have more important things to worry about/do. I never play games on launch days any more anyways. Why? because most games these days aren’t that good and this goes for both computer and console.

With that said though I still plan on playing classic, though looking at my work schedule till next spring I have no clue when I’ll have the chance to play. I’m just hoping that there’s no bad Hurricanes this year or any other natural disaster. God I HATE Hurricanes, Tornadoes and wildfires because that just means 18 hour days for months on end.

Because Classic is a bigger time sink than current WoW and I’m not single anymore. Also my guild is staying on Herod so while they are waiting in que to get on I’ll be raiding that night.

Because it’s going to be easier cramming a blue whale through a cat door than to deal with how bogged down the servers are going to be.

1 Like

I don’t have patience for lots of lag and making no progress for an hour trying to kill a handful of boars to fill a few bubbles on an XP bar.

Also I played the original game when it was current, and have no desire to invest significant time playing the outdated ‘classic’ version.

When the craziness dies down I’m sure I’ll poke around from time to time for nostalgia’s sake, but I would have much more enjoyed the ability to access old zones and instances through the current game than have classic.

1 Like

Honestly the bashing is on both sides of the fence and people are naive if they think otherwise.

1 Like

My mother in law is visiting the same week. I’m not too bummed though since I’d rather not deal with heavy competition in the starting zone. It will still exist by the time I play, but not nearly as bad as on launch week.

I find it funny they are going through the old raid again like its brand new stuff. Theu talk abour leader boards and world first as if they are actually doing progression when in fact it is regression.