If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

LOL, you get a basket of cookies! I remember on my first priest needing a wand to level because you couldn’t kill anything without it.

:cookie:

2 Likes

I made my choices, ill have to live with them.

I probably won’t be there launch day because the ques will be bad and the starter areas will be mobbed. Good luck getting anything done past character creation.

It launches at midnight for me and I imagine there will be a lot of launch issues.

Personally, on launch days i just feel really rushed, so ill give it a week or so to let it die down so i can go at my own pace. Plus i dont wanna be sitting there fighting for mob tags :stuck_out_tongue:

Because I’m just waiting to die.

Because i’ve already played vanilla. It was fun when it was current, but I can’t see myself wanting to put in the massive amounts of time needed to get very little done.

I have no desire to go back to my favorite specs not being viable.

1 Like

Because I played that game 15 years ago and have zero interest in doing it again.

2 Likes

Figured I would let the OPs words speak for themselves. Spam thread is spam.

Because there isnt an option to use the updated models and graphics. If there was, id absolutely play Classic. :eyes:

1 Like

Too much time investment. I can’t justify spending time on two MMOs at the same time and most of my friends will still be playing BFA. Besides, I really like the mythic+ setup and will be missing that on Classic.

Because I was there the first time around. I don’t miss it.

While I would certainly encourage anyone who wasn’t in Vanilla to give it a go, I think a lot of folks are in for a rude awakening of just how good WoW has become compared to where it started.

What people miss from the olden days was the sense of community you had to have to find 40+ yahoos to do raiding. But that ship has sailed and isn’t coming back.

2 Likes

I played in Vanilla, I’m just not interested. I hope everyone has fun.

2 Likes

This unfortunate thing called work.

And… unfortunately my bosses know I play WoW, so calling in sick is not going to be overly effective and other co-workers beat me to the normal time-off punch.

So…
I shall make do with trolling the forums here during my down-time at work.

2 Likes

Hmmmm….looking back…Led Zeppelin>Fu Fighters. That’s never gonna change.

Because there are going be thousand of people doing same quests and getting in the way. I’ve been there without shared mob system and IT SUCK SO MUCH.

I’ll wait a bit longer before I start playing.

1 Like

It’s simple: My wife wants to play it. I won’t play launch day, but will play it with her when she wants to.

I’ll likely toy with Classic eventually, but I’m not in a rush and I still prefer retail. I also want to avoid the crowds at the beginning. I don’t know what it’ll be like with layering so I’ll have to take a look, but I’d rather just wait at least a week or two for things to simmer down.

I already played it back in the day. I know all its charms and its faults and what to expect. So why should I play it again? My original Vanilla characters are all here. They have my actual accomplishments and unobtainable items from that era. Why play a copy of what I already have?

Just as well, seeing all these recent threads bashing retail and retail players reminded me of some of the bad elements of Vanilla.

So, nope. I’ll be playing retail on launch day.

2 Likes

I can assure you BFA was getting bashed way before now and has nothing to do with classic’s launch.

3 Likes