If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

There has been a lot of snark and bashing on retail with the launch of Classic coming up soon. So, I’m going to take a question asked and reverse it. I’m not trying to troll. I’m seeking genuine honest answers.

If you’re not going to be playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

Please, be courteous. I’ll provide my answer first to show you what I’m hoping to get.

I was there during the tail end of Vanilla. My tastes in gaming have changed since that point. As such, I have no interest in being there on launch day. Because the game (Classic WoW), as it stands, does not simply match my tastes anymore.

EDIT: I have nothing against those who want to enjoy Classic. Even if you do plan to switch to Classic, but aren’t going to play on Launch Day, I still want to know your reasons.

21 Likes

Retail players reacting to these threads like

44 Likes

Because launch days for any game are notoriously bad… Always… I have yet to see a game launch flawlessly… Have you been around here during expansion launches?

33 Likes

Because I like to move forward in life rather than looking back. I’m more interested in what’s to come and how things will grow/mature than I am in indulging nostalgia for nostalgia’s sake, but I can understand why people would want to play it. :woman_shrugging:

76 Likes

I have. I remember the memes about the launch of Diablo 3. I’ve seen some horrible launch days for Blizzard games.

And that’s a perfectly valid reason not to be playing on launch day. Thank you for being courteous. That’s the kind of answers I’m hoping for.

2 Likes

When/if I do get around to ever derping around in classic it’s sure as hell not going to be when there are three hundred other people trying to tap the same pig in elwynn forest. Without mob sharing, some patience is prudent.

Also, I’m busy in retail atm.

26 Likes

Because I am enjoying retail and have no interest in classic so it will stay on my ignore list.

36 Likes

I did it all from 2004 to 2006. No need to clear 13-15 year old content again.

37 Likes

Not dealing with the wait…

5 Likes

Playing on launch day will be a nightmare.

5 Likes

I’m stuck working and dealing with everyone else’s problems.

I hate my job.

7 Likes

Aside from launch day difficulties, I am adopting a wait & see approach.

I am personally not invested in the actual world of World of Warcraft pre-MoP. Although I am curious as to what the world was like pre-Cata, I don’t need to spread myself that thin.

My two mains, two main alts (including this DI dwarf), my new Kul Tiran and my career are telling me to maintain the status quo.

5 Likes

I didn’t like classic when it was current content so why should I like it now. I have plenty of gripes about current content. In fact I probably will let my time lapse at the end of my sub. Just have no desire to play vanilla again. Now if they made a hybrid server that say started with vanilla and worked through to WOTLK within a set amount of time with QOL changes in game I might be tempted.

Also I hope people are prepared for long queues, over camped quest mobs, lag, crashes, etc day one.

10 Likes

We’ve all been there, my man. We’ve all been there. I worked customer service for UHaul. I was the guy who contacted the mechanic when your vehicle broke down. Those were unfun days. And it sucks when you want to play a new game but you’re working.

5 Likes

BC and Wolk were good times, my favorites

4 Likes

Not interested in leveling again and fighting w/ 82662876218127 people to tag a single mob

27 Likes

Main reasons are I’m having fun in retail on alts plus wanna see how stable the servers stay first. I like both and can play both but at the same time a second reason is starting to be that the fanboys spamming and trolling the forums are making it a bit of a turn-off. Seems as though they’re putting more people off to it than enticing people with the “my wang is bigger because I don’t play retail anymore” mentality. Seriously,it’s getting kinda obnoxious,don’t be a wang-rod.

8 Likes

Na I like your posting… No reason for me to put on my sass mouth around you…

I’ve been around for a lot of Blizzards launches… After all these years you’d think they’d have a better system down than they do… lol…

honestly for me classic isn’t all that an a can of beans. I’ll play it sure… but pretty passively. At this point I really only play retail when I have time on weekends. I post more than I play.

1 Like

Because I already played classic when it was known as WoW. That and I know launch day will be a nightmare, so I will jump in later. It’s not like any of you will be level 50 any time soon anyways.

7 Likes

Again, I DO appreciate all the courteous and honest responses.

Many of these are the kind of answers I expected. But even so, it is still interesting to see the variety of reasons.

3 Likes