If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

Hopefully it will be a smooth launch day for those who DO play on launch day. Blizzard has done better about launch days. I still remember some of the older expansions. Launch days were horrid and disconnects were not uncommon.

1 Like

Yes, yes, I know. Forum Trolls do love to say that.

But I’m striving to keep things civil and encourage genuine commentary. Unlike forum trolls who just throw out bait. The commentary HAS been interesting. Many expected responses on why they won’t be playing of course. All perfectly valid.

From the looks of it launch day will not be smooth as you think. Most of the servers provide are already full. We are looking at hours of queue wait times. Good luck to anyone who decides to play it on launch week.

no launch day in the history of this game has been “smooth” by any measurement

it will be complete chaos filled with infinite amounts of rage due to q’s, server instability, mob tagging, and 10 other things i cant think of right now

welcome to the last 15 years of releases

but once that subsides we will have fun and thats what counts

1 Like

As a fellow gamer, I’m hopeful their gaming experience is smooth. Yes, there may be problems, but I can be hopeful, right?

I won’t be playing on launch day for a few reasons,

1: starting zones will be packed, with people killing everything. I prefer not to be in a rush, as I will probably start a couple of weeks after launch.
2: On the 28th, I will be occupied with a road trip, a small vacation for a few days. So, as such, I won’t be able to play anyway.
3: It’s cute to assume that the servers will be working on launch day, so yeah, probably gonna give the game a week or two to have the population and server stability a chance to be fixed.

Not everyone want Classic for Nostalgia, as an example, back when WoW launched I was 4 years old trying just getting the ropes of Runescape, my first experience with vanilla was in private servers, which I got to level 43 as a human paladin not so long ago.

Anyways, my point is, I simply prefer Classic due to my preference to the old MMORPG formula, Nostalgia can’t really be a thing for me considering I wasn’t there.

I’ve never played classic. It will be newish to me.

Because life. Work and what not :frowning:

Most of Classic is too easy for me (cough decursive) after playing this game for 15 years.

That’s just condescending, no way around it.

3 Likes

There is just no point for me. As others have said, I’ve been there and done that. Rose colored glasses are very strong with the Classic folks, but I choose to remember Classic for what it was.

If and when I get tired of the current game, there are a plethora of high quality MODERN MMOs out there that, in my opinion, are far far better options than a retread.

1 Like

Let’s try and keep it civil, shall we?

I may not agree with what everyone has said, but I believe the conversation can remain civil. And there has been some interesting comments so far.

I’m sure if I insulted you as politely as I could, that you wouldn’t get offended. We’re talking about a video game, not an ex.

Not to mention nothing I’ve said shows any sign of hostility whatsoever. I’m allowed my opinion, and I think that post is straight up 100% condescending.

No, because I want to not fight over the same mob with 100’s of people in the same area since the tagging system is the old one.

also I play on trying it out, but not play it fully. I’m still having fun in retail.

This, I think, should explain it:

Player A: “Man, the game right now is bad. Classic did it better.”
Player B: “Nah, I like this one better.”
Player A: “But Classic did everything better… how can you not see it?”
Player B: “That not true, guy. I like what I have now. Anyone who says different is insulting me by insulting what I like.”
Player A: “Whatever. You probably didn’t play it back then, newbie. The stuff now sucks.”
Player B: “YOU suck.”
Player A: “Whatever, I’ll go play my own game.”

///Nostalrius is shut down///

Player B: “HAHA.”
Player A: “Why are you laughing? You’re stuck with this worse, modern version of the game.”
Player B: “Whatever, it’s all nostalgia, what we have now is fine… I guess…”
Player A: “What we have now is not fine. The fact that we had so many people on Nostalrius is evidence of that.”

///Blizzard figures out they can make money, announces Classic.///

Player A: “HAHA!”
Player B: “It’ll never last. It’ll probably fail in the first year.”
Player A: “Whatever. Objectively better game is objectively better.”
Player B: “Says the person who has been playing for, like, 15 years. If it sucked so bad, why stay?”
Player A: “BECAUSE YOU’RE ALL I HAVE! THERE IS NO LIFE FOR ME WITHOUT WOW DRAMA!”
Player B: “I KNOW! I ONLY HATE YOU BECAUSE I HATE MYSELF! WHAT WE HAVE NOW SUCKS, SO I HAVE TO TEAR DOWN WHAT YOU LIKE IN ORDER TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT WHAT I HAVE!”
Player A: “KISS ME YOU BEAUTIFUL IDIOT!”
Player B: “TAKE ME, YOU ELITIST TROLL!”

Something like that, I think.

3 Likes

I have no interest in revisiting Classic.

2 Likes

On launch? Probably not, I’m not in a hurry to get into that, I rather spend the time I have playing on retail since I prefer a few things in it over Classic. I will probably log into it sometime however to see the old models and maybe for the old spells that have been since removed, it will be most fun to dabble in now and again! I cannot even guarantee that I will not get sucked into it once I try it out (it could happen!) but currently I am not bursting at the seams waiting for it to launch.

I’m excited for all of the excitement for it though!

I imagine there are going to be some really cool reunions on launch. How neat it would be to log on and see names you never thought you’d see again? Lol

I don’t care to repeat what I already did.

1 Like

Both sides have been less than civil in this whole mess. I won’t deny that. I’m just trying to keep things civil in this thread. Those who are less than civil I’m trying not to respond to at all.

So even if a person’s responses are slightly rude, let’s just all try it and let it go. Because this so far has been quite interesting. Lots of expected responses of course, a few rude ones (as expected), and of course a number who’ve said “Launch day? Big sack of nope. Playing? Yes.”