If you're not Playing Classic on Launch Day, Why?

No, what are you talking about?

BFA BAD
RETAIL GOOD

Even at my age, I still enjoy nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia. Every so often I’ll go back and play the Original Wasteland (complete with the paragraph book). And I still enjoy it.

There’s nothing wrong about wanting to go back and savor the rememberies.

3 Likes

Game play is too slow paced. Running oom and wanding an enemy to death is unappealing.

I barely have enough time to keep my character up to date to stay competitive in arenas. I won’t have time to do both, and classic doesn’t have arenas.

3 Likes

I have answered this before. I have no desire to go back and play a stagnant game. It is like playing Skyrim without mods. Been there, done that.

2 Likes

I understand some of you may have answered this very question in a variety of threads.

I mostly created this thread so we could hopefully politely talk about our reasons. And thankfully, most the responses have indeed been polite.

Because there are indeed genuine reasons not to hop in on day one. For ANY game. That doesn’t mean you’re less of a fan, it just means you have reasons to not hop in on day one.

Already played and finished it from 2004-2007, experienced everything from Lucifron all the way to Kel’Thuzad. It took a lot of time to be the best, and our guild was the best.

So I’ll check out Classic, but I am not going hardcore this time, and will be casual. I will spend my majority of time in the Retail game.

That number. I want that many people around again :]

1 Like

The math nerd in me had to convert that. Sorry.

82 trillion
662 billion
876 million
218 thousand
other players?

Ok … I think we’re gonna need a bigger boat to handle THAT many players!

4 Likes

I’m honestly just not interested in classic. no snark not upset people may enjoy it I am just thoroughly uninterested in playing two versions of the same game.

4 Likes

lol yea some retail is dead hearsay will see that and think I’m serious on that numbers

I plan on being there.

But man, this launch is going to be hairy.

2 Likes

Been there done that,classic has nothing new.

1 Like

Wrong forum.

I do hope you enjoy Classic. If you’ll note I put an EDIT in so that it was clear I have nothing against the honest players who just want to play the game and have fun.

This is just to see the reasons without all the snark and attitude. Because these “retail is dead!” threads are a big mess. There CAN be genuine discussion about how Classic will impact Retail. That should indeed happen. You’d have to be a fool to think Blizzard won’t look at bringing some ideas from Classic back over to Retail. But these discussions should be done in a civil manner.

This right here. I have the day off but I don’t plan on playing right away.

Because when I played classic I had way more time on my hands. Flailing away at a memory I can never achieve with my current schedule just seems frustrating.

Good memories can stay there, and remain good.

3 Likes

I will be sleeping through the launch, waking up early and then playing. After 5-6 hours, I hope the worst of the issues are resolved.

Edit: I have a rather full schedule that I need to keep and can’t ruin it by staying up at midnight until the early AM. I’ve got time aside for it, just not at midnight.

I just want to wait for it to die down so I can quest in peace. It’s going to be rough playing with so many people on fight for monster tags.

1 Like

and this was the moment we all knew you were trolling

2 Likes

Because I want to go into Classic with my friend who started in BC, and she’s on vacation until later next week.

Plus, the complaint threads will be amazing.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: