If you're banning GDKP, what alternative solution are you offering?

Whatever truth you want to tell yourself dude.

Lolā€¦.

This was you first post on the forum

Your first post was the length of an essay on the thread that you didnā€™t read.

Interesting addition to the topicā€¦ OP?

Then donā€™t bring grey parsers! ITā€™S THAT SIMPLE

Thats 1 of them yes, there are 9 other problems GDKP solves.

Agreed, but thats not even 1 of the problems on my list.

Im not saying that

You just brought up a gray parser winning loot.

Yes, in response to you saying GDKPers dont earn their loot. Which is a ridiculous statement because no matter how loot is done you must clear the raid.

The problem is that you donā€™t view GDKPs fundamentally as a carry, which they are.

Either way, it doesnā€™t matter. You donā€™t want to listen to anyone else.

The number of times Iā€™ve been accused of posting on alts. :joy:

Did you see the part where I partially disagreed? Lol

Why yes, my opinion is simply my opinion. Thatā€™s such an insightful observation.

Except it does because your perverse motivations are directly incentivized by GDKP and we donā€™t want that in the SOD community.

Because GDKP infects the entire community with entitlement and seeing all relationships within the game as transactional.

Do you not understand what ā€œtoxicā€ means?

No, they arent. Simply saying this doesnt make it true. GDKP awards to the highest bidder. Some groups choose to take carries. Carries often dont win bis gear, but they can be used to boost the pot. Many many GDKPs have 0 carries. There are far more grey parsing floor enjoyers in pugs than there are carries in GDKPs.

This is not how statistics work by the way. Iā€™ve had one instance of a ninja loot in all my times pugging on my alt, and thatā€™s definitely nowhere close to 50%.

Just an incredibly disingenuous argument from start to finish.

I disagree. Some of the most engaged communities in the game are GDKP communities. And, these communities are thriving and keeping afloat servers that would otherwise be dead (Era servers)

they are offering a decline in raiding in return. itā€™s already felt

It is actually. 5% across 10 unique problems equals a little over 40% chance of any 1 of them happening. I wager the chances on average are higher than 5% but Iā€™m giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Youā€™re literally making up the 5% on the spot. Again, that is not how statistics works.

1 Like

It isnt a science, pick a number then. Whatever that number its greater than 0 and collectively it adds up to a lot. With GDKP it is 0%

Iā€™m glad that youā€™re canceling your four wow subs.

Thereā€™s no perfect loot system. Thatā€™s part of playing an MMO. The closest to perfect loot system is not GDKP. You canā€™t reward people who outright buy gold, and that loot system being popular put a lot of pressure on the player base to do so.

Besides GDKP systems kill casual players who canā€™t grind a ton of gold in hopes of being able to eventually get a really nice item.

Group loot with people only needing on what they actually need is wayyyy better than GDKP for the health of the game

3 Likes

According to my numbers GDKPs contribute to 65% of gold buyers, and inflates gold by 52%.

Itā€™s not a perfect science, but those are the numbers that I got to.

1 Like

Not according to how p2 is playing out.

You should give gdkp a try because it works a lot better than how you think of it. It isnt perfect by any means, just better than rolls for all the reasons mention in the OP