If you're banning GDKP, what alternative solution are you offering?

I’m hardly one to believe anything Blizz says, but the Blue post about GDKPs did state they didn’t make this decision lightly. I assume there was quite a bit of internal debates on the topic.

And as you say they have metrics we don’t have access to. For them to publicly admit GDKPs and RMT are directly linked is a big step. It’s something we all knew already, but they’ve been ignoring it for so long I never thought they’d admit the connection, let alone ban GDKPs.

I have to say overall I’m impressed with their approach to SoD. They seem to be responding to feedback. They’re communicating with the players (though mainly through Twitter). They’re ignoring the Zoomers crying for phases to be rushed out. All good stuff. Their rep has risen a bit with me. However Wrath/Cata Classic is another story….

2 Likes

Because they think everyone else is less deserving based on whatever metric they can pull out of thin air.

Stop defending gold buying, then.

So if I get carried through content and grey parse do I deserve loot just as much as the guy with a 99 that carried the damage?

Legit do not care.
Both about your bad faith hypothetical question and in regard to interacting with you.

4 Likes

GDKP’er DO NOT DEFEND gold buying. There are legit gdkper that never buy gold and will be happy if they perma ban gold buying/selling. Get this point into your head.

You are making no sense. “Gold buyers do not defend gold buying.” Listen to yourself. Your statement contradicts itself.

3 Likes

What you need, you cannot get from me or anyone else in this thread.

You are an entitled, bad-faith actor who projects all of his own character flaws onto everyone else. You argue that GDKP is necessary because you believe everyone else is just as selfish and toxic as you are. You cannot imagine a community of decent people because you are so toxic.

Of course, that’s beside the point because your argument isn’t a sincere one anyway. Your true motivation is just that you feel entitled to make gold the way you have been and you don’t care how bad it is for the rest of the community.

The really unfortunate part is that you don’t even realize how fully this thread has exposed your toxic, entitled personality. It’s really just sad.

Not my argument, nice personal attacks.

For the 10th and final time I’m done engaging with you.

For anyone that enjoys MS>OS, I’m not trying to ban your playstyle. I only ask the same of you.

Let’s accept that there are legit GDKP’ers who never bought gold. I know this is true, because I was one of them. I have never been a fan of GDKP, but I’ve done a few to earn gold. Never bought an item, only attended. Call me a leech, it is what it is.

You surely cannot believe that ALL GDKP’ers are not RMT’ing. I’ve known a number of them going back to initial Classic release who would openly brag in Discord about doing it. So we know that it happens.

Removing GDKP means that we’re removing a significant draw for RMT. Will it kill all RMT? Of course not. Will it take a bite out of it? Without a doubt.

3 Likes

Let go of this denial. The truth will set you free.

This is the attitude that lost you your GDKP privileges :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m not attacking anyone. I don’t make the rules!

Also GDKP is banned get rekt.

2 Likes

So you were lying the other 9 times?

More playing the victim.

3 Likes

I love all this QQ.

I would guess over half of GDKP people are just baddies/casuals who dont want to actually invest the time/work needed to get this bis gear and if you dont have the time or skill then retail is calling you, LFR loves casuals. In classic on whitemane I did many a GDKP, free gold is fun but it wasn’t actual raiding. It was 30-35+ players who were actually good at the game carrying a bundle of baddies who bought gold online.
YADDAYADDAYADDA Ineverboughtgold Imnotabaddie YADDAYADDAYADDA
100% doesnt exist, I get it… but 80%+ of those buyers in a gdkp are just that, baddies who want thicc loot and got a pretty plastic card.
God only knows how many people that got gear from aq40/naxx would struggle in MC.

2 Likes

Cant you jokers just go ruin retail. Literally every other verison of wow can do it. Let us have one server not ruined by the deepest of neckbeards

3 Likes

No it’s not denial… it it a possibility it goes through? Yes…is it certainly going through? No…nothing is ever for certain until it happens…and that is a lesson you may want to remember for life in general.
I seems like you run under possibility = fact or something as per your views on the entire GDKP and everyone is a swiper

Sure, guess you didnt read half the thread where his whining is shown to be just that.

There is nothing constructive from his point of view other than “Me and my toxic trolls are sad we cant make gold”.

No one cares.

1 Like

Proofread buddy. I don’t wanna remember any lesions.