If you're banning GDKP, what alternative solution are you offering?

Removing player agency is a net negative for the game and always will be.

The real issue is the lack of effective enforcement for TOS breaking actions, botting is incredibly rampant and it’s very clear that current methods have totally failed. The botting directly harms the economy via gold injection, and gold buying is not detected and punished effectively.

Banning GDKP is punishing players who do not break TOS because blizz is powerless against bots/RMT.

Some of the best gaming experiences I’ve had over the past few years have been in 40man GDKPs, and now I won’t get to see that again in SoD, sad.

We should be concerned about what further actions will be taken to remove player agency and restrict community behaviour, this sets a bad precedent.
It’s even more confusing when they then divert development resources toward some kind of GDKP detection and automated enforcement instead of towards botting and RMT. And yes, it will be automated, it will not be manually reviewed, nothing blizzard does is manually reviewed anymore unless you’ve already passed through multiple automated layers (probably 3 days into your false ban).

There is still no clarification on additional actions which may trigger the auto-GDKP ban, such as offering gold to buy an item from a fellow raider who outrolled you. Another example of player agency being removed by a dumb initiative.

1 Like

Are you the enjoyment police? What are you talking about? I need to carry people for free or I’m playing wrong? Ok bud.

Did that little Gnome canary morph into a Tauren? How many accounts does this guy have?

1 Like

I’ll pose this question to you too then.

Please be thorough describing exactly why you wouldn’t help your guildies that helped you first.

2 Likes

blizzard let it go because they were selling wow tokens and making a killing… you really think blizzard is doing this to be upright in moral when they have been the supplier for YEARS?

I have an idea! lets demand blizzard to bring the WoW token into SoD… then im sure they would allow GDKPS within 2 hours

funny, I raided in classic plus in a normal guild and was full BiS every phase…

I’ll answer this for the gentleman by simply saying that most GDKP raids are PUGs, so your guildie point is completely irrelevant.

I personally cannot play in a guild scheduled raid, because my work schedule is unreliable. I am forced to exclusively PUG if i want to play the game.

Blizzards recent comments that GDKPs ‘erode the traditional social structure’ are, in my experience, out of touch and completely incorrect. Some of the best social experiences I’ve had, as a PUG player, have been via GDKP. MS>OS/SR runs almost always have more conflict and less interaction than a GDKP raid, there is less incentive to keep a community of reliable players together for an MS>OS pug and no incentive to stick around and return after you have the gear you need.

It seems to me like anyone making these decisions simply do not play or understand GDKP raids.

1 Like

It’s a game. If you’re not having fun playing the game then do something else. You don’t need to be rewarded for every single action you take. Sheesh.

1 Like

whats this even matter?

get back on your main and answer me lmao

the size of someones pocket doesnt make them a gold buyer btw, you are punishing the vast majority for something a few might do because you want to MAYBE be able to buy potions from the AH for a few gold cheaper

1 Like

I never said that and I do a lot for ny guild actually. Not sure why you think otherwise.

why not ban people that buy gold and bots? instead of a system where alot of people who do not buy gold is their pref way of raiding since GDKP is scalable anyways?

1 Like

you say GDKP is the issue… when its not, its the bots and RMT… in classic there was only 1 gdkp guild on the entire server… bots were still rampant and the economy was messed up IE banning gdkp isnt going to be the solution that you seek

1 Like

(huh how did that get back in there)

You certainly implied you wouldn’t be happy to do it - to which I ask again, why?

i have yet seen you provide any counter arguments at all

I’m obviously talking about pugs. I have more toons than we have guild raids. Not every raid in in-house.

Do you invest a lot of your free gaming time to help strangers instead of doing something that benefits yourself often?

who is crying? since when is debate and counter argument crying?