If you're banning GDKP, what alternative solution are you offering?

the GOLD RENAULDO, THE SWEET, SWEET GOLD, DO YOU NOT HEAR IT CALLING YOU EVEN NOW?

1 Like

GDKP is not exploiting. Next.

It’s not mental gymnastics to say that if a system has entirely replaced the intended system, and made it impossible to participate without having to engage in illicit behavior or get no groups, it’s a problem.
That’s if what they’re saying about Era and Wrath are accurate. I just checked, and I couldn’t find a server with enough people in capital cities to even fill a raid group, let alone post ads.

But it will be a TOS violation. reckt

2 Likes

DKP doesnt work because it is isolated to 1 individual raid group and new players dont join. The guild dies to attrition.

It is when you are running multiple GDKPs a week, taking a cut and selling that gold.

1 Like

Welcome to playing an rpg. Randomness is a defining characteristic of the genre.

But Zoomers can’t handle it. They just want to exploit any shortcut possible. So buy gold and buy gear. The experience means nothing. Fun means nothing. It’s all about efficiency.

What a lame way to play games.

3 Likes

Its too easy to manipulate using RMT, and because RMT is something that not all humans can get, its in everyones best self-interest to use the most money because then you can obtain the most gold the easiest, circumventing the systems in place that the creators actually recognize as a part of the game in order to gain this gold (ie farming).

I’m not going to say that gdkp banning will fix the systemic culture problems in games. It’s a symptom.

What I will say that if you have invested relationships built, the innate social pressures of maintaining those relationships solves many of the issues in the OP’s list. Because people stop thinking about what is best for them vs what is best for them and their friends who they care about. People tend to be a lot more objective too.

Again though, this is a culture problem, not a gdkp problem, and gdkp definitely puts a bandaid on it. I don’t disagree.

1 Like

Because you cant trade cross realm and pugs are cross realm in all versions but classic. I think this is actually changing in the next expansion and you can play and trade with anyone, right? Expect GDKP in retail as soon as it is possible.

That’s not inherent to playing an RPG. That’s inherent to gambling.
You should never have a situation in which players are alienated from groups or the rewards from doing the content.
You seem to think that a slot machine is a better system than actually rewarding players for their time and effort, because it allows you to self-aggrandize and look down on people who think things should be fair. Thanks for letting me know that you’re just an awful, bitter person.

2 Likes

I’m happy for you that you don’t care about loot. Don’t speak for all your raid members and all players for that matter. I guarantee you or your raid members have encountered at least some of the issues

Your posts are all hard hitting and address the OP. Not really, but thanks for the bump.

Cool, I’m not doing that. Next.

The one thing that GDKP does well is the dopamine drip.

The real reason why people like it, myself included, is that I’m always rewarded for my time. I can hop on an alt, hop into a gdkp with no intent to get loot, and walk out with a mound of gold that contributes to many other facets of gameplay.

That is why its such a compelling system - it operates on a universal currency. Everyone always gets something

1 Like

There’s other structural and functional benefits, but yeah, that seems like the primary appeal.
Hopefully that bit will be solved with the loot tokens.

Some people never got jumped by 4 zombies in the woods before and it shows.

I don’t do any of that. I have a lot of fun playing. Sounds like you’ve never run a GDKP tbh.

Sounds like you should focus on RMT

It’s unfortunate that you say that because it really doesn’t come across as truthful. You don’t seem like you’ll enjoy the game at all without the guarantee of an unnatural payout.

1 Like