If you're banning GDKP, what alternative solution are you offering?

Why are we trying to stop something that the community prefers?

If it’s that pervasive, then it’s become disruptive.
That said, the solution to RMT is now and has always been to ban RMTers, and the solution to awful, exploitive, gambling loot has always been the loot token system.
We’re getting the loot token system, so I feel like I can only complain so much, mostly at forum users who are just hopping on a bandwagon of hate and don’t actually care one bit about the issue of RMT.

What you call gameplay is no longer the legitimate way to play the game. Sorry!

2 Likes

I have quite a successful guild and lots of relationships. We run GDKP because it is a better loot system for all the reasons in the OP.

Gameplay is a funny way of saying exploiting.

Also, there is no problem to solve. Blizz solved it with a Blue post yesterday banning GDKP.

1 Like

well, you’ll get over it big dawg

2 Likes

What im stuck on is why dropping the G is such a hard thing to do?

3 Likes

Should be easy to debate them with merit then. Oh wait, you offer another zero content post. Thanks for the bump.

Which most likely won’t curtail RMT, but will leave players through multiple lockouts with nothing to show for it, or those with irregular schedules not being able to play the game, will mean players who are geared will never ever touch the content again, and rob players of an in-game income base from actually playing the game.
But, hey! You won’t see posts or ads for GDKP runs, so that must mean that RMT has been solved!
Hopefully the loot token system will at least fix RNG loot leaving characters undergeared.

1 Like

We all know why. Why dedicate time when you can swipe?

1 Like

Already were by a man much more of a wordsmith than I.

Feel free to scroll up :smiley:

1 Like

My heart bleeds for all the Zoomers who bought gold and now can’t buy their gear on phase 2.

The community rejects those loot systems, in every version of classic. For the reasons Im discussing.

Oh for sure, it’s much better to use an exploitive, gambling-based system that may or may not reward any time or effort spent, and ensure players stop raiding the very moment they get their last piece.

1 Like

haven’t you heard? It’s THE PERFECT LOOT SYSTEM ℱ

Also, according to the last day of forum posts: (1) banning GDKP has turned us communist; (2) banning GDKP has violated our human right to self-determination; and (3) haha, dumb people who wanted to ban GDKP don’t even know that they’re going to make more gold than ever

If they were rejected, instead of insidiously replaced why wasnt it the defacto type of runs in every iteration of the game?

1 Like

Ive been running with a guild in Wotlk since launch. We raid every week and don’t have those problems. We are all striving for a goal together and if you didn’t get loot one week, there is always next week. Also, the countless times I’ve laughed my butt off due to jokes, goofing around and camaraderie keeps me coming back every week.

I am genuinely excited when one of my online homies wins a piece of gear that I rolled on too.

GDKP is inherently selfish, where players think about themselves and their own success.

4 Likes

You wouldn’t continue to help your guildies reach the same goal they helped you achieve first? Can you be clear why?

2 Likes

So the problem with GDKP is that it is too popular and we must be saved from ourselves making that choice? How you do the mental gymnastics for that to make sense?

I would, because I’m in an active guild and raiding with them is a joy.
Many players are not, and don’t want to be. Many players have irregular schedules that make regularly scheduled slots impossible. Many players will stop spending time on something that yields no reward for doing it.