If you're banning GDKP, what alternative solution are you offering?

Or rather here is a whole list of issues that GDKPS dont face over other systems and why people chose it
.A person winning an item that they don’t actually want.
.A person being denied loot because of personal biases.
.A person being denied loot because someone decided it isn’t good for them.
.A Players winning an item they don’t need for free and trading it to a friend.
.Players winning an item they don’t need for free and selling it to someone else for gold.
.Players leaving when an item doesn’t drop.
.Players that “have to go” after 1 wipe.
.Inability to fill a spot when someone leaves halfway through the raid.
.Players walking away empty handed.
.Players never returning to raid content once they obtain enough the gear.

You can still do those things just not the part about grifting people and reselling gold.

That’s alarming and I wish the anti-GDKP crowd focused more on presenting things like that than a vitriol train. I’m struggling to imagine it actually being pervasive enough to displace all other pug runs, but if that’s genuinely the case, I can get on board with banning GDKPs - especially with a token loot system, which addresses one of the primary issues GDKPs exist to solve.

2 Likes

ITT: gdkp lord is salty he cant leech gold to rmt as easily anymore.

log on era/wrath right now and try to find a pug that isnt GDKP, its impossible. That system absolutely took over those versions of the game and it was only a matter of time until the same thing happened to SoD.

this wont stop GDKP groups entirely would be my guess, but it will stop them recruiting pugs easily and force them into the dark corners where they belong.

1 Like

Are there any servers in particular I should scope, or just pick one?

if you want traditional memories of classic, why not play classic? I dont remember classic vanilla having runes adding abilities to classes.

This primarily an issue for those who want to come into the game, play it without making any connections.

Because I don’t run in gdkps, and I don’t experience these problems because we’ve had the same 10 people since first lock out running week after week. We’ve gotten so close that we are now playing other games together…and we never met before SOD.

That is probably the experiment here - people disregard the need for guilds, and building relationships and having experiences and instead chase loot pinatas and parses. Due to this, people don’t care about the impact of their behaviors that you described as there is no consequence. Many bring their toxic reddit or twitter attitude right into the game, and just pee all over everything.

My guild has since formed 6 static raids that rarely change and it has been a magical, no drama experience because people in those teams are invested in one another. We do +1 loot on all teams and have had no disputes or hard feelings.

THAT was the classic experience. It used to be about the friendships and experiences, and never about loot and parses.

2 Likes

This warrior thinks hes won something lmao.

Saturated in complete irrelevance, have fun watching your investors cough guildmates implode on eachother for being trash without swiper gear.

NONE OF HIS POINTS HAVE ANY MERIT PAST IM MAD I CANT SWIPE

1 Like

A thesis on how to turn a blind eye on RMT.

1 Like

They have offered solutions; they’re baked into the game.

You know what’s easier then creating an entire emblem system (which they couldn’t do easily without majorly affecting era)? Using literally any other loot system.

1 Like

to assume that is the only thing that happens in GDKP runs and to IGNORE all the Pros that come with it that lead people to pref them and to assume that people dont in-fact grind out gold on their own or earn it by end game means is intellectual lazyness. lets call it for what it is, you dont want people to play the game the way they want but how YOU want them to and using whatever low hanging shallow reason you can find to weaponize in order to attack the many that do not RMT and pref the style and many PROS the system has over the pitfalls of other systems you want forced down our throats

1 Like

Theres pros to having pizza shops, not too sure if you want to guess as to wether or not its a mob front.

Just easier to get rid of the shop.

No one cares if your mad.

1 Like

Only problems I’ve ever had in a GDKP are gdkp haters that dont listen and think my raid is ms > os. Because GDKP solves loot drama issues, why is that unbelievable?

Because its the internet?

Several people? Try every classic wow community and soon to be sod.

And you can solve that problem without ruining my gameolay

ThatsABingo.gif

Them being near 100% is a testament to the community choosing GDKP as the best and most fair and rewarding loot system. Why would that be evidence for banning it?

ok, says the people that complained about others pref of loot distribution system, in this case GDKP