If you're banning GDKP, what alternative solution are you offering?

This is not possible for PUGs

We have no baseline reality with which to debate. You seem to think that the problems donā€™t exist. I assert that they do. Youā€™re offering thin arguments like ā€œdonā€™t invite toxic playersā€ as if that was ever the intention to begin with. I mean youā€™re saying the problems donā€™t exist, then you turn around and say when they do exist just donā€™t invite them again. But the damage is already done.

Respectfully, Iā€™m choosing not to engage with such obviously baseless posts.

It is the job of the game developers to set the rules for how their game is supposed to work and how they want the players to behave. They are making it clear that GDKPs are a behavior they do not want to see in their game. It encourages illegal behaviors that can hurt some players (RMTs and financial accounts compromised) and also degrades the game (artificial inflation of the in game economy). Is it draconian of Blizzard to have policies that discourage behavior such as griefing and harassment?

It is good if they listen to player feedback. However, they are not obligated to make changes that go against their vision for the game.

1 Like

But you have to run through every toxic player if you want to never experience the problems Iā€™ve outlined. In a GDKP you never experience them from the start.

Then donā€™t run PUGs. ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Finding a guild with decent human beings has always been the best solution for avoiding toxic groups. If you run PUGs, you are going to run into toxic players and no loot distribution system will ever prevent that.

It seems like a bunch of people are allergic to community and then complain that they are surrounded by terrible people. Yes, thatā€™s how every MMO as well as just life amongst other people works.

2 Likes

Thanks again for actually having a conversation.

Youā€™re right, except in my view it isnā€™t the devā€™s game it is ours. And if you were to ask them they would say the same.

I freely admit GDKP has problems, but it is the best option we have they theyā€™re removing it without even understanding why the community flocks to it and what might be a better alternative. It is not their job to shove the traditional loot systems that get rejected in every iteration of classic wow in our face and tell us thatā€™s how we have to play.

Thanks for admitting how bad this will be for the game.

Ummmm, no.

All you have to do to avoid the problems you are talking about is to find a decent group of people to surround yourself with (i.e. a good guild) and play with those people. This isnā€™t rocket science.

I donā€™t think they would say that at all.

1 Like

Tell me how you recruit new players that you donā€™t yet know while at the same time understanding that they will never do any of the behaviors that your guild disagrees with.

There are quotes of it, but Iā€™m okay with us disagreeing on that point. Iā€™m tired.

Yes, the game is bad if you donā€™t find yourself a decent community. So is every social activity in life. Why do you act like itā€™s impossible to curate the list of people you associate with?

1 Like

I have a community, and I still host pugs regularly. As do many, many players in wow. Have you seen trade chat and LFG?

ā€œNever?ā€

Who said anything about ā€œneverā€ being the goal? Any activity that requires you to deal with other people will sometimes involve bad interactions. Are you going to honestly tell me that youā€™ve never had a bad interaction with someone in a GDKP run? Iā€™m sorry, but that simply isnā€™t believable.

Find a decent community and you will minimize those bad interactions. That is and always has been the best way to enjoy group content.

1 Like

Sorry GKDPā€™s are still banned. Nice wall of text though

2 Likes

Everyone who didnā€™t want to buy gold left those a long time ago.

1 Like

I mean, telling the player base something vague like ā€œthis is your gameā€ is great for keeping people subscribed to a game that needs to grow and evolve. At the end of the day, game developers need a direction for the game and it may not agree with several people. I saw this quite clearly from Blizzard when almost all feedback from Arcane Mages and Shadow Priests was ignored during Dragonflight beta testing.

If GDKPs are really keeping the game afloat, Blizzard will definitely get rid of the ban. At the moment it seems they think they do more harm than good for both the health of the game and their vision.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe that Era and WotLK are 100% or near 100% GDKP runs.
If thatā€™s true, though, then the desire to ban GDKPs makes a lot more sense.

why are you attacking him personally and not speaking to the issue at hand? shows you maturity level here

you seem to think everyone the GDKPs use a CC but thats far from the truthā€¦ people earn there gold in other ways and enjoy the Pros that GDKPs offer, something that you seem to so casually want to overlook and take the path of intellectual lazyness and assume it boils down to swiping and not ā€œearningā€ their gear

At least in Wrath its rather close to 100%.