If you Shard, you'll fail

It doesn’t matter what you say or what Blizzard reps say. People will always twist words and read between the lines. Paranoia and stupidity will win. We burned people at stakes due to this and it continues even in 2019 because stupid people exist.

Outside the starting area, I agree.

That said, I’m not eager to laggily play 5 hours to get halfway to level 2; no amount of nostalgia is going to make me enjoy that.

I’m ok with some lag, but not absolutely debilitating server destruction.

That said, AQ gates should NOT be sharded, because everyone has a choice of whether or not to be there when it happens; starting zones = no choice.

Sharding ONLY for the beginning, and no time after.

3 Likes

I’m good with sharding and CRZ. I want balanced server populations.

:wink:

2 Likes

I don’t.

Never saw more than 100 people in one spot in Vanilla frequently myself and when I did (in blackrock mountain) it lagged to hell and back. City raids caused server crashes. Our server crashed repeatedly during the AQ opening.

Even into WotLK they couldn’t handle that many people in one spot. They had to add a queue to Wintergrasp because WG completely stopped functioning on some servers due to the large number of people trying to do it.

When Tol Barad and Ashran came out they started with player limits and queues.

People who played on private servers will be a minority of players who try Classic.

You say this but the current servers can’t even handle a launch with sharding.

1 Like

Sit down is right. I love how the vocal minority tends so very often to throw the word ‘we’ around in their posts; insinuating that perhaps it isn’t just them and their lonely selves that gives half a damn about sharding and the like. It hardly gives credence to their argument - they’re not fooling anyone.

A lot of you are misinterpreting “server lag” with your computer just sucks. During my play of vanilla and bc there were multiple times that I was in events or raids on cities that didn’t cause server crashes (some did). The largest one I took part in was 4 x 40 person groups raiding stormwind, no crash. It wasn’t until I upgraded my pc that I realized how bad my old one was where I was getting game crashes and about 3fps in these huge events. New pc, alterac valley stalemate, the 4x40 sw raid, whatever the case, no frame drop and hardly any lag. Night and day difference.

1 Like

They also never said that they don’t intend to use sharding after launch.

I’m not saying that they intend to use sharding post launch, but the absence of clearly defined, definitive, hard and fast limits for sharding seems like they want to leave that option open, IMO.

1 Like

An equally large problem is what happens if a substantial portion of the “tourists” decide to stay and become invested players?

2 Likes

10 minutes? aww your cute. on my vanilla server the queue timer was 8 hours at peak hours.

Id rather have 24h ques and not play the first week because I can’t.

1 Like

then don’t play. meanwhile i’ll be enjoying the sharded starting zones as i level day 1 hour 1 minute 1 second 1 as i fight my way through and log in first.

As soon as I get sharded I probably won’t, as will thousands of others unfortunately.

1 Like

bs. you will all be there playing same as everyone else. your all talk.

2 Likes

This is silly, and a clear failed attempt at coming off as elitist. It’s a forum, someone needs a certain number of posts before they are allowed to speak?

If you want people to listen then make good points. They certainly won’t listen to you just because made 4161 trash posts.

3 Likes

Eloraell is a forum warrior, one of the best on the forums. Like 3k forum follow rating. If only it translated into pvp skills.

1 Like

You’re literally ignoring the post its responding to where someone with zero evidence of their Vanilla play, is dismissing multiple people with Vanilla titles as “not being Vanilla”.

Like I said, I didn’t want to do it, but the elitist needed to be put in their place.

Sadly no, I would much rather wait it out a week or 2 to see a fully vanilla game with crazy pop and entertainment from the crazy pop by streamers seeing it, being able to run into a streamers follow pile etc. Blizzard can open new realms as they please to help que times and spred pop. They can take them away as well. Classic was my last straw of hope and if it isn’t done right I’ll be on to something else as far as mmorpg goes.

looking forward to you not playing

1 Like