If you play hunter this season you're trolling, change my mind

No, you really don’t get to quote-mine an individual phrase and interpret it in your own way when it has clear context and meaning in the very same sentence from the source. This is the type of thing people point to when they call you “unreasonable”.

You post a lot about it for someone who doesn’t care.

5 Likes

Like I said, I got people for that now. Fire up the jalapeno flavored popcorn machine. I’ll see if I can grab a bag in-between what I’m doing.

My advice to you and everyone is to start all over from the bottom. Go play Hunter solo next season. Pug if you like, or not. Remake yourself. I would get ready for Cata next year if Retail doesn’t quite hack it. Because you’ll never really truly appreciate the class/spec if you don’t.

In order to harmonize with the plebs, one must become a pleb. Then you will see what the class/spec is really all about, warts and all. Cashmeowside’s WFOs should be on your YT playlist.

It’s unfortunate I can’t be on your level for reason already established. As your detractors pointed out, I need to be a plant in the top 100-50 and simply be the cool guy every one loves to see and hear in Discord to see, think, and say all you do.

As you can see, I’m a gamer first and a politician second. As you can see, my charisma and sociability pales before my Marksmanship and Grenadier-ing(when that sexy comes back).

I played it back several times and gathered the context. He even showed the metrics on Rashok right after that quote, that MM needed to be that kind of high on damage CONSISTENTLY.

So incoming the Haste stackers, the Las Vegas high rollers. Philosophically, that’s a terribad existential crisis for MM. “I sure hope I win the 100%(best possible) TShot uptime jackpot on this boss!”

Meanwhile, guilds like Limit are like, “Nah.”

There’s more energy to care about other things, you mean? Imagine if I was tired or jaded of DF endgame like the others. Well, I’m not. So not caring about that equals more caring about other things, like what I’ve been doing. Like seeing all MMs succeed.

The short version: forget Hunter being the meta. The more we appreciate Hunter not being the meta, the better off we’ll be in or out of the class. I know that angers and upsets people here, but just…let it go. If Blizzard wants Hunter to be meta, that’s their decision.

No I’m saying that its impossible to have a conversation with you because rather than a back and forth you just keep pumping out random stupidity that has nothing to do with what was said.

My advice to you is to stop posting on the retail forums and go to classic you don’t even own DF.

You really are infatuated with this guy.

Your charisma and sociability is nonexistent so thats a low bar.

If thats what you gathered from that video you really do lack any form of critical thinking or even basic reading comprehension.

With me? Anyone else and you would be ignored. I’m probably the only pleb that talks to you, quite frankly.

Only by my good discretion do I choose to post or not. There’s a great many threads I don’t post in. Check me up if you don’t believe it. My countering advice is that if you don’t want to see my typing, start looking right for the part. I don’t bother Hunters that have their ducks in a row.

I’m infatuated by any REAL, COMPETENT Marksman that knows their stuff. I don’t care who that would be. I’ve fan’ed up for Dirtman-Laughing Skull, General Zane, Papalone, etc…

Which means charisma and sociability has practically SCREW-ALL to do with my epic–no, rather my legendary–legacy in the class/spec.

This can only be borne out of a vile hatred, the same I’ve known since I picked up the spec in WoD.

The real deal is: the only reason I haven’t ignored you permanently like some others is because I have something any true MM would have gotten by now post-Leg: a BACKBONE.

I’ve been too fair with you until now, and I’m considering changing my tone into something you’re not going to like. By the way, I hear Warlocks are hiring. I better not catch you crying the wrong way about MM in 10.2+N, because you won’t get any sympathy from me.

These are not idle words, because the way you continue to act, I’m regretting not taking that other road I mentioned. Next time, I’m not going to appeal to logic with you, regardless if you think said logic existed or not. Because it’s going to be easier for me to say other kinds of things in other ways, and just as easy to revert back to normal with MMs that are worth it.

You’ll have to start learning the class/spec in the ways I’ve shown and that might make things look a lot better in the future.

Whenever I read a Jackalswind post I start becoming convinced I am regressing into simple Jack.

2 Likes

Enjoy it while it still lasts, because it’s been on the way out since last year.

THIRD PRESTIGE City Attacker: 10,000 Alliance defeated in cities - PVP / War Mode and World PvP - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

My activity would be a LOT WORSE if this xpac wasn’t Hello Kitty. I would already be “grown up and doing the [SW City] town” as a 70 MM Hunter, but it’s a lot of the same stuff I’ve been through every xpac since Legion.

I’ve seen SW City and it’s dead. I still OWN the city, but it’s dead. I don’t have a transmission for my engine. I thought the TPost was going to help but it didn’t. And understandably, not every Hunter gets into the best endgame venue that is Urban WPvP.

So with jack-all of WPvP going on, I’m not there in those forums like I used to be either. Class/spec discussion is really the only thing I have left. Classic Cata isn’t out yet, so I’m using Classic Wrath to prep up. And as a quick blurb about that, Hunters suck in PvP over there: no dead zone.

I’m here because I want to be, not because I have to be. When Cata comes out next year, it’s going to get Gucci for the Hunter class. If Blizzard really doesn’t Wally WOW us with the rework coming down the pipe, I would just give up on Retail completely. And I didn’t want to keep making threads complaining about how bad DF is.

I have plenty of discussion on the forums with actual reasonable people you just aren’t one of them.

If you actually believe that you are clinically insane I’m sorry to say.

I’m good thanks if I decide I want to throw away logic I’ll hit you up though.

Its hilarious that you link this because all the replies are just clowning on you.

You really don’t, you add no value to any of these forum posts tbh.

Nice that you have an echo chamber. You do well enough conversing with the Hunters that play the endgames that matter.

Got you on that one. You had to break CoC because my comeback was that good.

You already threw away logic being what you are; a Gucci handbag who makes terribad claims about the MM status quo because he cherry picks Patchwerk boss encounters, saying that “MM damage is fine” when it never really was in the endgames that matter. You’re “good” like that, and the rest of the Hunter community knows it and has it marked.

You know you’re just ticking off every pleb Hunter every time you open up saying that, and you don’t care. And that’s the kind of attitude that makes me cold with you.

That was the beginning of the end of my forum activity. I used to be big into the PvP forums, especially WM and WPvP. You can probably tell my threads and posts have been few since. It’s what retirement begins to look like.

Thing is, nobody is going to beat me on 10,000 urban HKs in Retail unless Blizz REALLY forces and incentivizes WPvP again for realsies. That’s a Guinness world record already for most Honorable Kills in capitals, that I wouldn’t be able to break if I had to start all over again now in Retail.

I really don’t…what?

I really don’t want to be here, or I really don’t have to be here? Well, both might be true? I thought I kinda let that on that I have a come-and-go nature and I leave most discussions alone. So if you’re saying I’m not adding any value, esoterically that’s true; I can’t add anything if I’m silent.

Like I said, I got people in my place who will provide the commentary. People that will address you and your problems. You should be thankful I’m not fully out of retirement because I’d be a lot more aggressive. That says a lot more about the expansion than anything.

Yes one random poster on the forums said it must be true lmao.

This, you don’t even own DF you need to move on with your life dude…

That silence is more valuable than anything you can add.

And I will happily have discussion with anyone who is reasonable.

One…so far. One that bothered at all.

If people would stop being bitter that they got bamboozled yet again with the latest expansion…

Then how come I’m not being complimented and commended enough for the times I am silent? But that’s not why I abstain. It just so happens that there are those who do such a super trooper job that I don’t need to add anything to it. There’s people like that.

Well, if you’re going to continue getting punked, it looks like it won’t be much of a possibility. Because you’re not really fooling anyone with your act. You have a way out of it, but you have to go that way.

And I can be real because not one thing you said, except maybe that Hunters can provide a support utility, is going to encourage more Hunter representation. It really is frustrating us.

People just don’t like me sometimes because I don’t play the politician, that I don’t tickle people’s ears. I call it like it REALLY is, and that’s offensive to their sensibilities. I’d venture to guess that short of a peace officer(some), they never had an authority figure to ever take seriously in their lives until I came along. They also don’t like me because I wasn’t SUCKERED into buying fully open beta access to DF, and that I don’t play the endgames that matter.

I’m not worried at all why I’m not liked, why I’m not considered reasonable. The little princes and little princesses were never told no in their lives, and that’s EVERYONE’S problem including mine. Or whatever of it. So that’s why when Blizzard says no or they ignore, stuff like this crops up. And to be honest, I really wish they would leave, to go to a class they can be overindulged in.

Why does that concern you though? You don’t own it you have no idea what DF is like you’ve never played it.

You can’t be serious lmao, one that is such an insane level of entitlement. Two, you aren’t commended or complimented when you do post either…

Cute but I’m ok.

I’m not on the forums to try and convince people to play hunter though. I’m on the forums to discuss the issues with hunter.

People don’t like you because you are narcissistic, unreasonable and the human equivalent of a brick wall when it comes to having any form of discussion as well as having an insanely inflated sense of worth because of wpvp achievements in a game.

Really wish you would leave as well but such is life I suppose.

1 Like

Because it’s bad attitudes that cloud better judgment.

I was just following on what you were arguing. If I bring more value with silence than I do with relatively modest posting, I should be looked at more favorably, that the negativity against me shouldn’t be nearly as strong.

Until you decide to go do something else.

That’s saying you’re talking just to talk. That’s quite like what certain ladies do on “The View”. I’m not going to try and suppress that, really, but daytime TV talk isn’t going to resolve anything. Then again, this is the modern-day forums and granted, the real meaty discussion is elsewhere, so the channel is appropriate.

And just like how daytime TV works, the people that actually have to go somewhere to go to work to do actual work, chances are, don’t get to watch daytime TV.

I kinda established it that there are little princes and princesses out there that never faced ANY social opposition unless it’s a man/woman-in-blue(for some). But it’s the mindset that just because they’re told no, that person is an enemy to them and they act accordingly. And they get burned for it down the line, not because I told them no, but because of the no being told.

I might be the first person that stood up to them on a matter, like nobody has ever done. Not even their parents. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the reason I get hated on is because their parents didn’t stop it. And then it becomes my problem.

And I’ll be honest: after all I’ve been through in WPvP, I wipe my butt with their sensibilities. 50 days played should only buy “Hello” just to make things easier for me. If I have helpful things to say that get refused because of impudence, they can kiss it.

That’s your failboat attitude talking, finally getting it out. *But it’s not as hard as you’d think to get me to leave. We could definitely use more MM converts and particularly more expert MMs that can earn distinction. We could definitely use more Cashmeowsides. That’s what I’d want to see at least.

I’m “going back in time” to try and see if I can master the class/spec there, but that’s just because I already reached the capstone(s) after 6 years.

But you hate on DF all the time so is that not clouding your judgement.

Says a lot that the negativity against you is so strong. If everywhere you go it smells you should check your shoes.

??? Because I don’t use the forums the same way you do it’s just talking to talk?

I mean the forums are a feedback channel so what else would you suggest.

Funny how you have so much time to respond so quickly and often.

I’ll be honest no one cares and your take on people on the forums is insane.

No I just find you insufferable as a person.

You should propose to him or something the amount you think about this dude.

I stuck to the facts, like that which was discussed by more professional commentators such as Bellular. Small indie company, dig? They need more “fully open beta testers” and I’m not exactly that type.

In other words, it’s hard for me to hate DF when the FULL DF isn’t even out yet. It won’t be too long…

Small indie company.

Because since BFA, Blizzard lost their quality edge which won’t be regained until the Microsoftening.

Or I should just avoid the places that make my shoes smell? Like, I dunno, HERE? Yet hopefully after the Microsoftening, there might be a new forum system…

I don’t go anywhere else; not Reddit, not Discord, and not MMO Champion. To think about it, I’m not sure why I don’t go. I don’t really know the kind of people that chill there.

It’s clear enough I have an agenda for the class/spec that calls for action. You only seem to talk about stuff that’s relevant to 1% of the community at most. I practically appeal to all the 100.

So are the other places. The difference is the communities in each one, and each would say that the others are bad.

I’m something of a multitasker. I’ve been doing dailies and progression stuff on Classic, do my social media blogging, and I’m also reading a fiction book on the side.

Too bad it’s not a PvP problem, eh? Otherwise I could effectuate a PvP resolution lol. If I can get the point across in a clean Godfather gank, people might understand that I’m no joke about the stuff I know. It just sucks like nobody can believe how Hello Kitty things have gotten.

You know I’m not the only one, right? I already know who I share common ground with. The 99%. I’m a man of the people.

I think you should. That would actually make you a MM I could respect. We’re roughly of the same pre-Leg generation of Hunter, he the elder. I made my bones the same time he did. Still he still plays, he can take you under his wing and teach you true mastery of the spec in a way that you won’t even need your guild, your “friends” there, anymore.

If there was WPvP worth a /spit, I could take you on hunts in the cities and teach you what I know, but there isn’t. Valdrakken has an AH, and the TPosts did NOTHING to keep flagged people around for long as it’s too easy to get Tender in a month.

1 Like

You’re not the first person to discover arguing on the forums. Everyone here has argued with countless other randoms on the forums before you came along.

The reason people don’t like you is because of exactly this sort of massively-inflated ego. For me the breaking point was when you claimed you could outperform cutting-edge raiders and arena players if only you could be bothered. It’s the Dunning-Kreuger effect; people who have limited competence in a domain overestimate their competence in the domain. Basically, you don’t have the knowledge, experience, or self-awareness necessary to know your abilities and limits in WoW, so you end up absurdly exaggerating your capabilities and the difficulty of the content you engage in.

Most other people here at least have the self-awareness to know their capabilities and do not have a weird obsession in portraying their favourite non-competitive content (because that’s what 90% of world PvP is) as the pinnacle of challenge and skill. And yes, city PvP is as casual as it gets. Most of the people you fight are not paying attention, or not nearly as prepared. The skilled PvPers generally engage in PvP content that actually gives tangible rewards, such as the world PvP in Dragonflight that you claim doesn’t exist. How would you even know that if you don’t own the expansion? Well we already established not knowing something has never stopped you from making egregious assumptions…

1 Like

Troll Hunters are one of my favorite race/class combos, but I am not a troll this season.

1 Like

I came into SL a year late, and in one season smoked the Alliance with a 4.25 K/D on the seasonal toon in open-world. That was post-Double Tap nerf and I didn’t even use the talent. Then in the next season I went ahead and racked up another 2.5k HKs with this guy doing Venthyr MM. Darn good for someone who was out an entire year and missed the part MM was super strong.

At the same time all this was happening were the spicy-content developments with Blizzard, and the wokeness somehow made SL desolate in 9.2.5… I don’t think it ever recovered.

I’m all the more convinced I can still come back, again a year late this November, and practically be invincible, ESPECIALLY because in DF, the gearing disparity has dramatically been shortened. In SL I still had to worry about those who were boosted. It’s just ironic that xfaction, Chromie Time, and bad sharding tech still exist. Not to mention Alliance no longer enjoys anything higher than 10% currency bonus and AOO.

It’s not really Dunning-Kruger. BFA was by far the toughest post-Leg expansion I got through, but it paid off in spades in SL. So I have no doubt in my mind that I would outright DOMINATE what passes for WPvP these days in Retail, which is why I’m migrating to Classic. I never played and PvPed as a Hunter at max level in Cata…

And you can’t PvP without players. You have to go where they are.

But look at who we deal with, Bepples. Nobody really knows PvP anymore in Retail now. It’s Hello Kitty Online like we can’t believe, a more kiddified experience. People would rather comp-stomp than actually apply themselves vs. a human(let’s hope) target. So people’s feelings get hurt. It doesn’t come as any surprise when they’ve never been ganked and told they’re trash. Nowadays you can’t even tell them they’re trash anymore in-game.

The TL;DR: the Retail community is soft. I’m glad I played through BFA for 35 hours a week, because that was the real toughening. In Band of Brothers terms, I was the Hunter in Easy Company that held the line when the other Hunters routed before the armor showed up. It got so much easier after that poo-show expansion. It didn’t help that Horde won the war in one patch but it showed which faction had the real PvPers and which faction pretended. But there’s no mistaking it now I’d beat anyone since gear was the one thing that got in my way more times than anything.

Don’t forget you can stack Pathfinder (cunning) with Trailblazer (talent) to get a speed boost.

I’m playing mage this season for obvious reasons,

I just +2’d a 20 easy on the hunter though, who is under-geared with bad itemization, only a hair away from the over-geared people in this key. (it was not a challenging key by any means)

If I just wanna relax, I play BM

It’s sad because it’s one of my favorite specs to play, and I genuinely enjoy the game more when I play it.

But it always sucks. There is always a stigma against BM

I have to run my own groups, getting into one is basically a myth. So trying to get the last portals is hard just because I have to keep re-rolling and re-rolling the frickin key

What would easily take a couple hours on the mage, is a multi-day affair on the hunter just because nobody wants to take a hunter

This game doesn’t seem to be about having fun anymore. It’s capitalizing on the human drive to keep up with the Joneses

5 Likes

correction: game doesn’t seem to be about having fun anymore with your view of fun. There are a lot of people who have fun optimizing their choices/character/things they choose to play

1 Like