If you play hunter this season you're trolling, change my mind

I support both. That way, you have a better rounded class. It’s not a good look when Hunters are taken to Patchwerk(what Ophinthos called the target dummies) and that’s it.

This is where it’s important we can agree on what being carried means. Carried doesn’t mean you can do white hits-only or 0 DPS(but sometimes?). It means you do just the minimally acceptable average DPS. “Borderline passing” DPS. If you can be replaced by an unknown generic DPSer off the street playing a meta class/spec, that’s being carried.

As class>spec>comp>gear>gearing skill>skill stands, the lesser of the two weights won’t be enough to make a breakthrough.

If you’re tracking, you’ll find threads where I don’t say anything. That’s a good indication that I’m listening and this gaining sight. I may be blind, but I gain that “third eye vision” this way.

He could be throwing games to artificially keep his ratings down, which is just as easy as how he one-shots. We don’t know what he doesn’t show, and that’s SMART. A ninja never reveals their secrets. That’s the biggest reason why I don’t stream and record what I used to do. Showing too much to people how you succeed is bad news because people can adjust and use it against you.

Because Hello Kitty, that will have to do. I can’t complain if that’s what’s happening. But still, it’s Gehenna out there and they got to be tough and smart. You can’t be Wings of Redemption to put a smily face on for the camera only to get troll donations. Speaking of that guy, Wings wouldn’t last one day being a Hunter…

Ok but if I am at the top or very close to it in a raid group that contains these meta specs how can you then continue to imply I’m being carried it seems to go against your own definition.

Ok so then that would mean he’s farming low rated noobs for youtube content dunno why you would see them as the peak of hunter pvp when people like Jellybeans and Bicmex exist.

You can be the best at MM, but there’s still other RDPS and MDPS specs to consider. But don’t forget that in the context of you being at the top, Ophinthos called it out that you’re at the top or very close to it vs. Patchwerk.

So you may be on top of your Patchwerk game. Too bad not every boss gets to be…Patchwerk.

Jellybeans and Bicmex don’t multibox, for starters. Second off, people find Cash’s play as “illegitimate”, as “cheese”, when I’m the first to say that’s how MM actually works. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

No I’m talking about my individual performance on each boss in Mythic vs other people playing the meta classes and specs.

Ok but if thats how mm actually works why are the first two names you mentioned multi glad and even AWC level players and Cash hasn’t even achieved glad once.

THAT we know. He could be smurfing it for the lulz. Getting Glad without buying it is a trade secret. Cash would be making a HUGE MISTAKE disclosing that.

So I check his profile and see no glad and you think that the logical explanation is that he probably has a secret account where he is multi glad on and just never posts glad gameplay on his YT. If you believe that I’ve got magic beans to sell you.

I mean I can go watch Bicmex and Jelly on youtube right now playing top rated pvp games and commentating them so why is it a huge mistake if they do it all the time and are still getting glad every season?

If you believe he’s just going to disclose all that he kept secret, I got rare imported magic beans to sell you that you wouldn’t find domestically lol. And I understand. That’s how I managed to get upward to 10,000 HKs solo in the cities. If I streamed it long enough, and I get streamsniped to the point where I can’t go anywhere because of the sheer INFAMY I had garnered, that’s it. I’m done. I’d have to start all over with a new toon and a new name.

There are just some things you NEVER disclose to the public. He is however showing the doctrine, having scored a kill as fast as 0.1 sec(time on target of course).

Sponsorship, maybe? But that’s how Cash differs because he’s more of a one-man show(though there’s another dude that tags along on his rdruid). Bicmex and Jelly need the support of their team; let’s see either of them two multibox and get to 2400 by themselves.

And obviously Cash’s channel is called “World’s Fastest One-Shots” which is obviously a strategy to outright global targets down instead of the conventional way of doing Arena. Bicmex and Jelly are not the one-shotting types, but I do believe that’s MM’s gift…

MAYBE if you box two SVs, you might be able to pull it off, but the melee aspect may complicate things…

Sure but then I’d understand if he had glad but just doesn’t post his glad games but he doesn’t. Meanwhile Bicmex and Jelly stream and post youtube content and are much higher rated and successful. So your logic isn’t really adding up I’m afraid.

But if he is playing against scrubs is it really impressive? I hit rival in the only season I ever played pvp which is the same bracket that Cash is currently sitting in with over 1k games played this season.

Bicmex and Jelly are clean. They post the easily digestible stuff, as the more legitimate e-sportsmen. But if Cash can get them both in a good opener, there’s nothing they can do, especially since Hunters counter Hunters. 0.1 sec? That’s faster than the brain can react! In theory only a computer could prevent getting one-shotted that way. And Cash would still have enough steam to take down the second.

You’re not going to win against a time-on-target of 0.1 sec, which is why when it comes to understanding Marks, in order for them to win they have to hit first.

Bicmex and Jelly would be more of the usual 30-90 sec getup of strategically trading CDs and all that jazz. I guess that makes Arena more entertaining/enjoyable when it’s not over in ten seconds or less?

shrugs Again, that’s a lot of games he could be throwing on purpose due to discretion. And per the core principle of smurfing, you want to be able to keep smacking down the vaster multitude of scrubs. As Napoleon said, " You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." Because you will keep running into more of the same people the higher up you go.

He probably knows he can easily smack down the best, but anyone you keep engaging over and over can and will adjust. I even know how I could pull off countering him as a MM Hunter, though it’s easier said than done! MM having stealth capability was the greatest thing of all time.

It’s really the fear of the unknown that gets people, though I’m one of his biggest fans because it IS known to me. I just don’t care for the multiboxing thing since I’m not quite that hardcore.

Hmm I did actually mention this…

Never glad btw so thats a bit of a stretch

It’s more than enough for me to say Cash is the best. Supporting him is greatly encouraged from all Hunters and “mandatory” for MM mains. Even Jelly and Bicmex should be rallying behind Cash too. I just don’t care for the multiboxing aspect; that’s more time and resources than I want to spend into WoW.

You didn’t really properly address any of my concerns tho so I’m going to have to disagree. I still think its a weird choice of someone to idolize but you do you.

Given that Cash and I started roughly at the same time, I don’t really idolize him. He’s carrying the torch for the Retail class/spec so that all may see the light.

I wish I could, even now.

Dont engage with him. He has EXTREME narcissistic personality disorder - Everything he says is the one true final word and the pinnacle of knowledge, everyone else he sees as one of two groups: People beneath him smart enough to acknowledge his genius and superiority and people who are stupid and beneath him because theyre wrong, only he can be right.

All evidence against him is just further evidence you are beneath him and are too stupid to get his genius.

We all know world PvP is where it’s at. You can’t go anywhere in the world without running into large parties of world PvPers just murdering folks. Even Blizzard understands this by making the best gear and mount rewards open to only those that do world PvP. If you don’t world PvP you might as well be playing Diablo

2 Likes

I was busy doing dailies on Classic at the time I posted that, but it was already covered afterwards.

And look, I didn’t say he had to read the thread. I was only saying the thread explained everything he was asking me about. He had like all last week to catch the thread in development. I don’t know what he was doing.

The summary is: cherry picking Patchwerk encounters only proves it more MM is baggage, that it would take better damage and utility to reverse it particularly when a lot of movement is happening during enctrs. Staying true to the OP’s idea, yes: you literally are trolling maining one this season…

(More like ever since Legion)

are we trolling or is blizzard just that bad at their job? aint our fault they think paper and a greek statue weigh the same on a balancer

1 Like

Essentially, that is 100% it. Blizzard makes changes and implements them without testing or considering the ramifications to the instances and classes as a whole.
While all classes will never be 100% balanced damage wise, the disparity has been a little too wide and erratic. Additionally, utility, mitigation, self-healing, speed, etc are not spread to fill in the various void each class may have to make them just as enticing as other classes.

Everyone thinks hunter mobility is great, for example, as damage taken would be minimal. However, this doesn’t play out. Hunters are very slow without enchantments. AotC gives an awful movement buffs, mainly due to the crazy CD, on a shorter CD it would be great. Aside from that its DE. Without enchants, neither make the hunter even near as fast as most other classes. While we can cast most of our spells on the move, not all are. We even have nodes in our tree that give options we skip due to cast time and viability as a result.(WA - has a cast time for hunters, inc BM). We do have some nodes for speed in our tree, PH, it isn’t very noticeable and quite brief, and the other ones TB/PF are options, too, but they are only good when standing still or not being attacked. With hunters in general, this is almost never, as we need to move from damage(breaks 3 sec standing still req), in addition to unavoidable damage(breaks when not attacked req). So these aren’t often a benefit to your speed.

While we see some hunters doing great; I think it’s raw skill pushing them more then class abilities and effective CDs/Def/Utility. Unfortunately, it’s a low percentage of hunters that are able to make it work.

What makes this all worse is the stigma tied to hunters as wet paper-bags, and simply players choosing to take comps they feel is best to give a quick 3+. Due to both some actual facts and a lot of prejudiced views, it isn’t shocking some may have longer queue times getting into PUGs or having PUGs join your key.

At the end of the day, many classes need some TLC right now, and hunter is definitely one. We aren’t alone, but either way, it isn’t overly fun being a hunter right now.

4 Likes

Conquest gear from rated PVP is higher than anything you can get from world PVP gear.

If people you consider to be reasonable start turning against you, maybe that means you’re not being reasonable.