If you play hunter this season you're trolling, change my mind

so yeah basiclly i think right now hunters are just so bad, that if you’re playing hunter in any spec you’re trolling MM is just bad, survi has amazing dmg in M+ but the lack of defensives hurts the class so much, BM not that bad, but in high keys having no vers, makes the class feel so bad, because you die and there’s nothing you can do about it, just accept that you will die, opinions ?

1 Like

It isn’t trolling though. We play the class because we enjoy the mechanics of the class. The problem is that the class is so badly balanced for what its role is that no one really wants them in high keys.

13 Likes

I mean my title is Trashmaster, and I’m in a guild called Trash Trash Trash, and from Alliance MG, soooo you should know what you’re getting.

But yes, it’s not our fault that Blizz refuses to fix hunters right now, or even say they’ll work on fixing us at some point.

7 Likes

the answer from this is easy, that’s because blizz only loves priest, paladins, warlocks and mages, oh and druids, doesnt care about any other class, or at least that’s how it feels

1 Like

They are reworking Rogues, so I might go back to my old main if they actually fix them. But, it will probably be lackluster as well.

1 Like

MM does great st in raid (still suffers from the no utility as a class issue tho).

Hunter has a pretty solid defensive kit and bm has an insane amount of base hp.

I do think hunter is down bad currently but the glaring issue is utility.

3 Likes

The glaring issue is damage, even if you had utility no one wants you because of your damage. It isn’t good enough to warrant taking in any PUGs over another class. Even if they gave you utility it still wouldn’t be.

but mm does good damage in raid and sv does good damage in keys so I don’t follow

I know you think if people disagree with you they’re a troll, but this is the only thing the class is lacking. the damage is solid, defensives are solid, there’s just no reason to bring a hunter over other classes atm because everyone (sans DK if you want to get technical and pretend grip isn’t utility) or elemental shaman brings something unique to them

2 Likes

Neither one of those statements is remotely true.

1 Like

can you elaborate ? although i agree with you, i dont see any MM doing good dmg in raids, bt SV are actually quite good in M+ but the only reason is they do a hell ton of dmg imo, i would like to hear someone else’s opinion

Based on what? You’ve done a few bosses on normal with blue parses and highest key is a 16. What are you looking at in terms of objectively ranking hunters damage right now.

Overall Keystones place SV hunters at 20th. 18th at Keystone 20. 17th at Keystone 25. I don’t see the hella overall damage.

What are you looking at? The only reason you are looking at my profile is to discredit what I stated without backing up anything you claimed.

2 Likes

If you look at the mythic statistics for bosses like rashok and magmorax you can see that mm is in the upper quartile for pure st bosses we do lose a fair bit of st when going aoe spec so for bosses like echo and sark we don’t look so great on the overall but boss damage is what actually matters for those fights.

Ok so your overall keystones comment is just score and has nothing to do with damage. Then if you look at raid statistics on wcl you’ll see that hunter is actually in a solid spot and brings great boss damage in a tier where st is the main focus. So again the issue why hunter is in a bad spot isn’t damage its the fact that we don’t bring any powerful utility to either raid or m+.

1 Like

Let’s look at boss damage then MM is 13th. That isn’t a good number for a class that brings nothing else. MM is decent on single target mostly stationary fights. Congrats! What a good place to be in! If only every boss was a training dummy. So your argument that MM is decent is based on pin cushion fights? Any fight that requires more than one target or any type of movement has MM drop from the top 25% to the bottom 50%. And this is just boss damage. Experiments – 14th, 9th on Assault and Elder, 21st on Zskarn, 24th on Echo, and 18th on Sark. So MM is top 25% on 33% of fights and mediocre to really bad on the rest? And I am not trying to convince you that MM is a bad spec, but giving us “utility” alone isn’t the solution.

2 Likes

Yes that is quite literally what we’re trying to tell you lol. A DPS spec that brings just OK DPS but without any unique, mandatory utility like the other specs, won’t be brought.

If we take your information at face value and say MM is 13 out of 26, that means 13 other specs do less damage, right? So surely you would just never bring those specs unless…wait…they bring unique utility…

This

Is the same as what I said lol

Thinking mythic Rashok is mostly stationary lol

Then why are the specs worse than us being brought

9th isn’t good bro. But what utility do you think they are gonna give you that fixes hunters?