If you don’t have 2/4 piece by Tuesday

what does your profile have to do with this discussion?

exactly, which is why i’m not concerned about one’s profile… just the facts, ma’am.

I mean, they literally state the bonus is only on the normal slots, so…

One thing I’ve learned from these forums is to never underestimate how uninformed and/or inattentive the average player is.

1 Like

You’re going to be able to see exactly what piece you’re going to get before you finalize anything. Simply don’t click if you don’t like what you’re going to get for any reason.

Honestly a big loss for the system.
Like all the Paladin offset items have terrible stats for Ret, and I have the option to swap a current piece of X ilvl into another wirh predetermined stats?
It’s like a worse jank version of reforging that has a weekly cooldown.

It should have let those pieces also count as substitute set pieces, similar to how pieces 5-8 of T6 in TBC don’t have an additional set bonus effect, but allow the initial 4 to be interchanged.

1 Like

I thought people would just know this since only the set bonuses are on helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, and legs. But I guess not lol. I didn’t even realize you could craft the off pieces honestly. Good to know I guess.

That’s kind of why doing content first is better simply because you COULD get tier gear first. Don’t wanna upgrade a chest piece and all of the sudden, “Hey, I got a tier che- #*&$…” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten crap because something from The Great Vault popped up, got it and then suddenly, that thing becomes the most common thing to drop than anything else for some reason. You don’t necessarily have to upgrade for a better ilvl, just a piece you likely are missing and be able to upgrade appropriately.

let’s just be honest. the catalyst being able to make anything besides set pieces is pretty damn dumb.

I think most people who hadn’t really looked at it on the ptr just heard “craft set pieces from unwanted gear” expecting you could just use anything to get the tier piece.
Not specific slot to specific slot etc.

Still think it’s a big mistake not having them simply all count towards the set bonus :man_shrugging:

1 Like

reading can be difficult for some.

It’s actually very nice for people who want to complete transmog sets.

I’m sure there will be plenty of people upset because they thought they’d get set bonuses by putting in bracers or something… But there’s only so much sympathy I can muster for those who don’t look into it beforehand.

Unless it was a full 8 piece, or a set up like Sunwell, Boot, bracers and belt have not had the set bonuses but then again, those slots have not had tier items since BC, just items that matched the look

I have because I don’t want to waste gold on another legendary.

Don’t be ignorant about bugs or selective design.

No? In vanilla/tbc there were bonuses for multiple slots.
Also, it’s a system designed to create tier pieces, ofc players will think they can get the bonus off of any piece if they don’t look at the forums/wowhead.

If i had made the system, the design would have been for any of the tier pieces to count for the tier set… it’s more convenient that way for the players.
If i had boots at 278 and chest at 265, i could make the 4th piece my boots for it to count for the set bonus, since i wouldn’t change my boots this patch, but my chest will surely get an upgrade.

Now… i have to make the 265 chest and use a catalyst charge, if i get a 278 piece in the following weeks/days, now i got to use another charge of the catalyst, making the 1st charge kind of wasted.

That’s why it would have been better for any piece to count towards the set bonus.

And i’m not saying this for me, i only need to make my chest for the AOE gear setup 4set bonus for me and i have a 278 chest ready.

i have a note card on my desk saying exactly which items are tier slots. that way i can see all the times my vault gives me normal items in those slots instead of tier

Covenant tier this very expansion has tier bonus on them. Just saying.

At least that means you’re not stuck waiting weeks to convert items, you can just use the drop and convert it for mog at the end of the season.

you’re the one posting a troll post… we’re merely pointing out your redundance.

they were not. they had a larger list to be selective of bonuses, but you couldn’t magically invent a new slot to make into tier.

nice try though. maybe by tomorrow, you’ll give better effort.