If you don’t have 2/4 piece by Tuesday

Really? lol

And that could have been the way they made the catalyst, so that it grants you the bonus regardless of the slot.
That’s what a lot of players will assume it works like.

^ :man_facepalming:

Kindly get lost, your posts are useless. :smiley:

… Covenant sets weren’t tier. They were Covenant sets for world content. That was more like having heirlooms. They’re not even listed as a tier set.

Tier =/= “anything that has a bonus on it.”

1 Like

Surely this is obvious.
I also assume the UI will show you a preview of what you’re crafting.

1 Like

I mean that is absolutely true, although it also makes the system somewhat redundant after the first 4 weeks and getting full 4pc at the relevant ilvl.

Just seems like a loss. As you said the only reason to use it after tier would be to attain the appearance if needed, and only then if you have the correct offpiece which also has poor enough stats to be unusable.

There will be people who do it on purpose just to come and complain on the forums.

1 Like

100%. Blizzard makes the MOST new player unfriendly designs I’ve ever seen. PUT A WARNING IN THE CATALYST!

Mental illness is real, but let’s be real this is a legitimate concern.

My current path plan to craft is → Legs → Gloves and shoulders: Once I find suitable shoulders I can convert to tier lol

I don’t think that’s right. Why would they call it “tier” then? The whole point of tier is for the bonus.

I think that line implies that the current 5 slots of tier, similar to the domination set pieces, require at least one of, to get the tier bonuses.

You can’t get the bonus from 2 or 4 pieces of the other slots without at least 1 tier piece coming from the existing 5.

Otherwise the whole labeling of “tier pieces” would be a huge troll on players - especially when they’re putting in a week cooldown.

Nope. All tier pieces have always worked towards the bonus. If these pieces didn’t work towards the bonus, then why call them “tier” pieces?

I think the 5 current slots GRANT the bonus (like domination bonuses) but the new tier slots can count TOWARDS the bonus.

1 Like

But they’re calling those pieces “tier” in the blue post.

I can see a lot of people expecting it to count towards the bonus.

1 Like

And set bonuses have only been on head, shoulder, chest, gloves and legs since after Vanilla. The rest of the pieces are to complete the tier outfit, not the set bonus.

1 Like

But those weren’t called “tier” pieces. They were just the other raid gear. Like in legion - the xmog for the raid gear was completed with a combination of the tier set items and some gear. It wasn’t all “tier” gear - only the pieces that worked towards the bonus were called tier.

I think all other tier pieces in the past have always counted towards the bonus.

There was technically a tier cape in legion that had set bonus on it, but that was just a Legion thing.

They were part of the set for tier. Just like they are now.

I think they were part of the transmog set, not the tier set.

I dunno, I could be completely wrong, but I’ve been playing since vanilla and the way I’ve understood it - anytime someone refers to “tier” gear, it’s been about the pieces specifically tied to the bonuses. All the other gear was just raid gear that completed the transmog set.

So the transmog = tier + misc raid gear.

1 Like

It’s really just a semantics thing. But if people can’t stare at the piece of gear that it turns into and see it’s not a set bonus… that just seems like their fault to me. lol

I disagree.

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect - especially when the confusion has been expressed and we still don’t have clarification.

People keep saying the reason they’re doing this is for “transmog”. I just find that really hard to believe.

1 Like