If you could remove 1 thing and add 1 thing what would it be?

They are all viable… not all are optimal…

Get the vocab right xD You can complete ALL PvE content with whatever spec in this game. It is just not OPTIMAL if you are a min/maxer

Remove: these forums.
Add: nothing.

Content can mean different things as well.

You may only see 40m raids. Other may only want PvP, dungeons, lvling, or 20m raids.

All specs or classes shine in different parts of Vanilla wow. If all you’re thinking it is dps, hps, or tanking only you have more issues. Other classes/spec provide buffs/summoning/consumables and/or other variations.

Of course you will only need a little bit of those classes but you will need them in one form or another.

Hmm, I am not surprised by the responses to some of the changes. I am going with one joking response, and one more serious response.

I would remove my inability to kill all goblins (I hate what they did to Azshara).

I would add a universal scaling toggle to retail so I could have fun in content there I like on my main. Then, Classic is for the mechanics I like and retail is for when I am stuck waiting for something.

Replacing character models is easy.

The world may be completely different. It depends on how it’s built. If every object in WoW is referenced by an ID number which renders the graphics on the page they could just swap all their old references to match the new ones – assuming that the sizes of the objects remained static.

It might not be that simple. It might take an entire rework of the entire two continents of Azeroth which would be a mind numbing large amount of work to reproduce. Imagine having to go and replace every single tree with a high ress version of the tree in the exact same place.

/em shudder

So it all depends on how the game core was designed.

That’s a good point. I’m still not sold that it’s worth killing transmog though.

I don’t think that you would see a massive increase in ninja looting. In classic, if you are blacklisted that has consequences. The higher level you get, the bigger the price.

I don’t think that the enchanters get screwed if tanks are trying to find cool outfits made from transmog’ed greens. There will still be lots of cheap greens and I know I powered my enchanting with tailoring.

/em shrug

We can agree to disagree. I see your points, and I get why you think that way. I think the advantage outweighs the price. Our opinions do not matter, however, as we are not at Blizz making the decisions.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??? nooooo! Bad paladin bad!

It’s an awesome spell, but I never found a practical application to use it.

I’m still jaded ever since that SM run where the huntard wouldn’t shoot the bad guys, but (tried to) beat them up controlling his pet. He thought he was so awesome. “Hey guys! Look what I’m doing!”

Rant over. I really want to keep it. I was trying to be funny. Symbiosis duh. Another cool spell that had no practical use.

No idea what that one is, must be something from Cata, MoP or WoD…

you’re going to increase the value of items overall.
this means even those cheap greens are going to be more valuable.
furthermore who do you think enchanters are going to pass those prices onto?

the problem isn’t “Do the pros outweigh cons”. if that was what we were basing everything on, there is a lot you could say would be valuable to add to classic.
the question that needs to be asked is "is it detrimental to classic and the classic community. and the answer to that is yes it is.

It was a druid spell that was cast on a friendly player. You gain one of his spells, and he would gain a druid spell. Kinda fun. I think it was MOP.

Wow… that seems like it would be absurdly broken and OP.

Pretty much. I don’t think it saw a second expansion. Everyone wanted to try it, but the shared spell was almost never used.

Could be very situational; it’s likely that Blizzard set that spell up for non raid, because they love to make sure that not every spell is used in PVE… Well at least they use to do that, then Legion happended and the game turned to dookie.

not sure but i think the code lists the name of the tree model’s texture, which is then retrieved by the server. so to update it, they’d just take the original image, and save the new texture over top of it. then the name doesnt even need to be changed in the code. same would be true for the wire frame skeleton of the tree. there’s presumably only a handful of tree types per zone. a bush, newly budding tree, mature tree, ancient tree, a fruit tree, flowering tree. or palms of various heights. or evergreens of various heights. or mixtures. wouldn’t take long to upgrade them on the server, once the art and model work was done.

it was fun as heck though a bit confusing initially, cause i had to learn who had what worth swapping.

1 Like

Ah ok, so it was useful you just kinda had to know what combo works… RGR that.

It had so many issues.

Whatever class the ability was taken from rarely liked the ability they got in return. Therefore, if the druid used it to improve themselves, the other person would throw a fit.

One of the best examples of the above is that a feral would want a warlock’s Soul Swap which would allow you to move a Rip and Rake from a boss to an add or reverse. However, all the warlock would get is rejuvenate.

There was a toy that let the other person get the benefit of the ability without the druid being needed. The Overgrown Lilypad was not that hard to get since it dropped from a rare.

I am overall glad it got removed since it caused so many problems.

I would remove all classes except for human, this would make it more realistic.

Rejuv is actually, oh wait sorry I was thinking of this in terms of Vanilla not EZ mode I mean BFA where everyone can selfheal.