If you could have an AR of your choice

Hahaha. Farts.

5 Likes

San’layn. In a heartbeat. (Not Venthyr. I hate venthyr.)

Otherwise:

Saurok would be nice too.

I lazily linked the threads because they answer all the questions in OP.

2 Likes

Dryads that have “Humanoid Forms” during battle and can go Dryad when they are out of combat hehe <3 Kinda like Worgen

Now hear me out, two words, Makrura baby! Give them to both for maximum mak.

2 Likes

I appreciate that you choose this mount. Not going to say why, but I appreciate it.

Golden. Perfection.

2 Likes

Tuskarr neutral. Anyone who says any different is clearly wrong.

2 Likes

Ogres for Horde. It’s has been far too long the ogres still not playable.

Ethereals as neutral or even alliance, I don’t really mind anymore with faction they could be added at. There’s some neat character customization artwork of the ethereals on the net, it’s just perfect.

2 Likes

Sethrak of course.

I would likely say they should be neutral.

As far as the model goes, only some slight updating to the eyes. Not a lot since snakes do have fixed eye sockets and can only move their eyes so much.

Maybe add some extra hood patterns and snout types. (Ie: Default (what they already have) Hognose, Boa/Python, Patchnose Snake).

Different tail options: Rattle, no Rattle, Spider Tailed Viper

Otherwise their model is already really well polished.

Starting mount would be a Bazaar Krolusk (similar to the Caravan Hyena)

Starting Hunter pet also Krolusk.

Classes? Hunter, Warrior, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Mage, Priest and Monk. Perhaps Druid due to the nature of the Loa Sethraliss.

Active Racial: Venom Spit with cripple or nature dot.

Passive: Either a small buff to critical strike or haste.

What race would I pair them with? Probably the Mogu. Cause thunder and lightning theme!

:snake: :snake: :pray:

3 Likes

Proper Nightborne in that they finish the rush-job they released.

I’ve never seen Allied Races abbreviated as AR, so I thought I was in for one wild ride of a forum thread.

2 Likes

I would love to see playable gilgoblins with actual genuine effort put into making their models look unique with unique druid forms. They are already more a less apart of the horde. Just not playable at the time.

4 Likes

Mantid for the Horde! Jinyu/Ankoan combo for the Alliance. Give us insects and fish in one go!

Why these two? The Mantid are traditionally an evil race, but we have had positive interactions with them in the past through the Klaxxi. Their survival of the fittest mentality through battle isn’t too far removed from the Orcs, while their love of poisons and explosives would make them fast friends with the Goblins and Forsaken. With their masters and Empress slain, their future would be an interesting avenue to explore. Meanwhile, the Jinyu/Ankoan are both noble races who adhere to strict principles, which is something they would find in common with their Alliance comrades, most notably the Draenei and Night Elves. Their history is one of tradition, nature, and wisdom and can offer these without stepping on the themes of other races. Where would their story go? What happens when to two groups unite? What do they do now that the Mogu, Sha, and Naga no longer threaten them?

For the Mantid, their current models are fine, but will need a specific female model developed. Something more reminiscent of their empress would be neat. The overall rig needs to be updated to allow for player gear. Racial mount would be fun-sized Kunchong, although they would also have access to a flight variant of running wild using their wings (Still gotta train flying though).

Mantid classes:
Warrior
Paladin (Using the Light of the Kypari and Ambermancy, kinda like Korven did.)
Priest
Mage
Hunter (Wasp starting pet)
Rogue
Warlock

The Jinyu/Ankoan need the same treatment as the Mantid, female models and updates to allow for player gear. For the mount, I’d like to pull from Nazjatar and either have sea slugs or those deep sea spider crabs things.

Jinyu/Ankoan classes:
Warrior
Priest
Mage
Monk
Rogue
Hunter (Ray starting pet)
Shaman

1 Like

My standard answer applies: Playable Murlocs.

2 Likes

Murlocs. If only for their dance.

(And if you don’t know what I mean, get on your rogue and use the pickpocket glyph that turns you into the target, then pickpocket a murloc and dance. Its hysterically good.)

Plus, a race as small as me. We need more of 'em.

1 Like

Forest Nymph alliance, Satyr for horde. They wouldn’t need a mount but they could have upgrades for movement speed bonuses.
Allow for customizations of horns, body tattoos, jewelry for hooves, hair color, tail color
As far as classes go, the casters, priest, lock, mage, shaman, hunter, druid, but Im not sure if rogue or monk would work out. Warrior and Paladin, but Death Knight and demon hunter I dont think would fit.
Also allied hunters could start with sprite darters or nether faeries, while horde satyrs could start with a void hound or fel hound

First off, I would introduce a new feature, where only certain specs would be available to each of the races.

Ogres for the Horde;

Classes

Warrior
Death Knight
Shaman
Hunter (survival only)
Mage
Warlock
Priest (shadow, only)

Racials

“Personalized Shrinking Device,” -When being conscripted to join the Horde, each ogre is issued a goblin-engineered shrinking device to enter dwelling spaces. (Reduces your size by 40%)

“Bulky” Stamina increased by %.

“Blind Fury” Give in to your inner anger (and might!) AoE series of a stomping melee attacks which causes your character to violently rampage for 2 seconds. During this time, you cannot control your character.

Saberon for Alliance;

Classes

Warrior
Death Knight
Rogue
Monk
Hunter (Survival only)
Shaman

“Run Wild” Functions exactly like Worgen racial.

“Wiley” Base Avoidance increased by %

“Savage” Base Leech increased by %

“Leaps and Bounds” Functions like a warrior’s, “Heroic Leap,” ability.

“Sharp Claws” A series of frontal cleave attacks while lunging forward that does % damage.

:cake:

1 Like

Arakkoa (corrupted). Neutral maybe? or horde, don’t really care. Dunno what mount honestly, one more raven.

As for classes, that’s the tough one. Because I don’t see how they’d make do with any of the martial classes (except rogue).

I just want an arakkoa warlock or priest.

maybe they could give them floating disks like the mage mounts from legion.

1 Like

Lol I thought this was about what kind of assault rifle I would want.

Allied race? Definetly, tortollan. But just so you don’t think I’m being silly, sethrak race would be cool too.

1 Like

If we’re making retroactive decisions…

The Alliance vs. Horde AR ratio is, frankly, screamingly awful. Disqualifyingly bad - whoever rubber-stamped that distribution shouldn’t be allowed to make decisions anymore. To fix this…

1- The Shadorei go to the Alliance

“But Tyrande was MEEEEEEEEAN!!! =(”

That was a painfully contrived and awkward reason to give the Horde all the developed, well written races from Legion, and can be safely discarded.

2- The Lightforged Draenei are discarded in favor of the Broken

Yes, Blizzard would have to suck it up and finally finish the other half and texturing of the female Broken, but they’ve had since Burning Crusade to do it.

These are more unique, more fleshed out, have ties to not just Argus and Legion, but Outland, and help tie the Draenei closer to the Shaman side of things, something that was always lacking. Lightforged Options can be made available in Shadowlands character customization enhancements.

3- The Kul’tirans are redesigned

Instead of “randomly huge and fat,” Kul’tirans would come in more diverse colors with an array of tattoo options. The Drust were closer to the Vrykul than most human offshoots, and their descendants thus sometimes manifest flesh tones closer to their Titanic metal and stone origins.

4- The Void Elves never happen

'Nuff said.

5- Instead of the Shaldorei, the Horde gets…

The Felblood - the Elves under Kael’thas who gorged themselves on demon blood until they turned into monsters.

At least they have some establishment and basis within the game.

And yes, they do step on the Demon Hunter to an extent, but that’s still preferable to the gibbering madness that was the Void Elves.