If you are complaining about Layers

Yes, you are wrong and disingenuous.

They provided us one realm and allowed us to create characters weeks before launch. We had already joined guilds in advance. Guilds that we’ve helped build for over a year.

Oh, god, just transfer the damn guild off. It isn’t hard. My guild did that when we wanted to be a part of another server.

2 Likes

Yes, real easy to convince 45 players+. Our options suck. One realm will be full if everyone in queue was to transfer over. The other is completely barren and has barely started their war effort.

Transferring the guild off isn’t really a option, most people don’t play exclusively with their guild, there are pvp teams, gdkp communities etc that we are all apart of, its the community aspect that will be missing, you don’t want to sacrifice the friends you’ve made since launch.

1 Like

See the problem? “There is this huge community that makes everything easy and practical for me that never existed in Vanilla. I want to be a part of it without any of the drawbacks of being in a server so huge it had no chance of actually existing back then”

That’s why I said “You think you do, but you don’t” - You never wanted the cumbersome, RPG-esque Vanilla experience, you want to not miss lockouts and do GDKP runs.

1 Like

Read all that I wrote, I’ve been nothing but honest from the beginning.

That is a pretty large assumption mate, I remember what vanilla was like the first time around, vicious cycle decimated my server by transferring in when we were struggling with mc. We had queues back then and The 10 hour war was spent 90% dead.

What the whole server is complaining about is we are overpopulated and not only did they decide to open transfers to us just as we opened the gates they removed layers which made it even worse.

So a lot of guilds just want to experience the latest content but cant

Not so since Blizzard didn’t stay true to Vanilla.

1 Like

They rebuke every attempt made to make it closer to Vanilla. Disabling layers will end up forcing a large amount of people to transfer off, and the end result will be a server that resembles Vanilla much more closely.

honestly, the server sizes wouldnt even be a problem if people actually wanted vanilla… if people wanted vanilla they would have chosen to roll on a server that had a smaller population and not on these mega servers.

The point is they shouldn’t have had mega servers in the first place. They shouldn’t have had layering in the first place. They should have had enough servers to accommodate Vanilla like pops. They should have locked full servers instead of offering transfers to those servers.

If they wanted people to transfer off they shouldn’t have allowed people to transfer there. That makes zero sense.

Everything here, everything, is due to Blizzard’s incompetence and shows their resentment towards their player base. Can we please start holding them accountable?

1 Like

No it wasn’t. Retail was running on a different architecture, using different data points. They had to massage the data to fit that at the very least. Which means a retail client.

The old model of running on data centers was dead.

It meant different things to different people.

That being said, the fact they want a museum piece to simulate the Vanilla experience was absolutely misleading. The project as never going to be a priority, but they put no effort into it. this special technology they called “layering” “just for Vanilla” was nothing but sharding under the covers.

And none of that negates the fact that they could have created Classic anyway they wished. They didn’t because they didn’t want to run two separate WoW games. They wanted to continue using puny cloud services.

There’s a difference between couldn’t and wouldn’t. If a handful of nobodies in other countries can recreate WoW games, of course Blizzard could do it. And they could have done it correctly. Blizzard took the cheapest and easiest way out for themselves. Stop making excuses for them.

3 Likes

If what they said was correct, then yeah i guess technically they could just re-use everything they “found” existed.

But then, it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that needed to be spent.

If Blizzard didn’t want mega servers, why did they create them? Just because john and jane doe on the forums want them gone, doesn’t mean that is Blizzard’s opinion.

Nah, Blizzard repeatedly told people to transfer off large servers and warned of possibly massive queue times. They have been doing that since character creations became available.

Yet they keep giving back layers. The post yesterday doesn’t share your thoughts.

Not taking a cure that you believed to be worse than the disease is not the same as causing the disease itself. A lot of people didn’t take free transfers because it would have cost them their entire community. All their friends, all their guildies, all gone. That is a lot to ask of someone. Some would say those are the very things that make WoW the game that it is.

1 Like