If you are complaining about Layers

That’s like a tabacco company telling people not to smoke after they’ve sold all their stock and suppressed internal reports indicating that nicotine is more addictive than hard drugs and inhaling smoke causes medical issues.

:crab: $15 subscription :crab:
:crab: Multi-billion dollar company :crab:
3,108+ 5hr queue
#LayerArugal

Just do a couple of polls:

1. Do we want to get out of here?

If the majority says “yes”:

1. Which server do we want to go to?

My entire guild switched servers, and the time between the decision and the transfer was around 3 days. If your guild is a tightly knit, cohesive group who has been playing together for a year now there really shouldn’t be an issue as nobody will mind following the majority elsewhere. I don’t remember a single player we left behind.

2 Likes

The one that will become full once others transfer to or the completely dead one which is a huge risk and hasn’t touched their war effort.

The cons out weigh the pros. I’d rather sit in queue and wait for Blizzard to respond as they have each time in the past.

Beats listening to one player half a world away that doesn’t share OCE’s experiences.

In 3 days these forums will explode with comments once most of arugal can’t log in to raid. The attention here is only just getting started.

I wish more people valued wpvp. Faerlina pvp is sporadic, and imho, not frequent enough to warrant it as anything more immersive or challenging than a pve realm.

I think wpvp has passed for most, and in the age of meta, the incentive isn’t strong enough to do it for " faction pride".

As for layers: I dont care either way…just dont raise the pop cap please.

It definitely seems to me that the real issue is that Blizzard didn’t create an adequate amount of servers for OCE at the beginning of Classic, not that they disabled layers. Layers were just a baid-aid that was bound to come off at some point.

I would argue week 1 of AQ was the worst time they could possibly make that decision. We may have been able to adapt 3 months ago but this timing is unacceptable. You’ll hear more complaints with each passing day until it’s resolved.

1 Like

the forums is a small minority that doesnt actually play the game.

Dont use words like unacceptable or disgusting anymore. you contribute nothing to anything and you spend… LITERALLY ALL OF YOUR TIME on the forums complaining and yelling #nochanges while being in favor of layers.

nobody owes you a single thing. you think youre entitled to have #nochanges for everyone but you because you pay a measily 15 a month? i see you still arent learning.

It’s not even peak hours on Arugal right now and Orgrimmar has a 5-10 second delay on anything you cast / do.

Everyone’s teleporting around - it’s just a lag fest.

I’m also on Gigabit / Ethernet so don’t blame my net, this is a Blizzard issue.

This advertisement brought to you by the Blizzard department of making problems in order to sell you solutions.

2 Likes

So when 60-100 ENTIRE GUILDS moved from felstriker to arugal worsening the problem, me and my guild should have to transfer off the server we have been on since phase 1 and contributed war effort?

Is that what you are saying?

Not to mention the abundance of new bots on arugal, 5 man multiboxer mages ranging from lvl 20-50 F ing everywhere

1 Like

Come on lol. Realms like Faerlina and Herod were one of THREE available EST PVP realms to reserve names on when classic servers were initially released for reservations. There was Faerlina, Herod and Thalnos for EST PVP options. Faerlina was claimed as the “streamer” server from the jump. A lot of people wanted to avoid that zerg. Thalnos was where a lot of South American players were going, which meant a healthy language barrier and thus a lot of people avoided it and now it’s a low pop server. Herod was the only other option for people who wanted to roll on an EST PVP server, and avoid streamers. And look what happened to most realms introduced after the fact? Horrible faction imbalances. Stalagg? Heartseeker? Those servers are like 99% to 1% in terms of faction balance one way or the other.

Arguing this is a player created problem is a little short sighted when the genesis for said problem can be traced all the way back to the insufficient amount of realms offered on day 1 for reservations. They had no idea how many players to expect, and they got hit way harder than they expected…and of course you have the vast majority of WoW Classic’s population cramed onto half a dozen servers, or less. Once you pick a server, get your names, start leveling, and your guild is organized, it’s VERY hard to convince an entire guild to all take a transfer. It sucks having to replace friends you’ve known for a long time because they didn’t agree to transferring, so in a lot of cases, guild’s won’t make the move unless it’s unanimous. Try convincing 40+ people to all agree on ANYTHING.

So yeah, realms like Herod get what they get. I’m not a fan of layering. I would never stand for it on lower population realms where it’s not necessary. On a realm with 9-10K active players? That’s a different story. Arguing layering isn’t authentic to vanilla is irrelevant considering servers with 10,000+ players aren’t authentic to vanilla in the first place. And Classic isn’t vanilla. It’s as close as they could get.

I’m sure that’s what Bobby is hoping for.

So many retail zoomers/millennials that are whining and crying about wanting layers back.Literally makes me sick (nauseous) seeing them consistently try to make changes to WoW classic and turn it into WoW classic plus because they can’t handle swapping to a lesser populated realm or being a man and stop crying about the queue timers, be smart and use your brain a little bit more by tracking the queue timers and preemptively log on before when you really want to back on.So many Karens in this thread its truly gross.

1 Like

Sorry, I couldn’t hear you - you voice was all muffled from brown-nosing Blizzard. Of course it’s the consumer’s responsibility to fork out their own money for Blizzard’s lack of foresight, silly me.

It’s not wanting layers, it’s about needing them after the string of bad decisions that have left Arugal effectively unplayable without them.

congrats you have a community! … That rubberbands because Blizzard servers are trash and can’t handle so much of “the community”.

Yes, 9000 players of Arugal are all retail zoomers/millennials…

Not everyone can start queuing at 2pm on a work day so that they can raid at night.

but you can, seeing as youre on the forums all day

I do not disagree that Blizzard screwed the pooch here with the launch choices. That is on them. They did respond decently and get other realms up. Unfortunately it was after communities had started taking shape but hind sight is always 20/20. At this point since Blizzard appears to value no layers more than player happiness it is in YOUR (the Arugal server’s) hands to fix the issues with the options they have given you. Is it a stacked deck so to say? Yes, but they have all the power. Play by their rules no matter how crappy or don’t. The option is yours.

1 Like

Standard Karen behaviour!!!