If we want player housing instead of another raid

There’s very little space that isn’t part of some quest.

The only game I’ve played that had thousands of players on a server and allowed non instanced player housing was Starwars Galaxies. And that was accomplished with multiple planets that were empty 10 km squares.

Basically you’d have to remove everything from Kalimdor.

SWG was awesome, but this isn’t that type of game.

Maybe they could start one around The Con.

Maybe people could play games they enjoy rather than try to change core aspects of WoW?

2 Likes

Change is part of life.

1 Like

you should take that advice :wink:

So you’ve never been to an inhabited NPC village teaming with life?
Like say for instance to do a “kill 20 villagers” quest?

As a PvP player, I think this is great idea! Less PvE content and more player created content.

2 Likes

The lack of self awareness.

“Will I change the game I am playing, and pick a game that is focused on single player and housing? No. Change is a part of life, so everyone else needs to change instead”

2 Likes

And then you meet your new neighbors…

If this was just a me issue then this topic would’ve died much sooner.

1 Like

If they actually put it to honest vote of paying customers and not just forum denizens, you might be surprised at the results.

Shrug I’m a curious soul.

They did have a poll for existing content and raiding came in with a poor showing.

2 Likes

Exactly.

If its doing that poorly then maybe its time to cut back on it.

1 Like

Thing is people don’t like raiding anymore. Sure some people do but not the majority.

1 Like

Ha ha, this is funny! Thanks :blush: i needed a :smiley:laugh

1 Like

The polls bear this out. This is why it is good Blizzard is focusing on removing raids, world bosses/quests, pet battles, pvp and battlegrounds, gathering/professions, and mostly focusing on M+ content which is what the vast majority of players want.

It is good to see them keeping pace with player demand.

I really don’t think the average home would need to be that large.

Something so large it takes a few minutes to traverse really isn’t what I have in mind for “average”.

Some mega-mansion for one of the WoW billionaires maybe, but not for regular players I don’t think so.

Okay but n p c’s don’t stress the game like players do.

If you put fifty people in a similar area you’re gonna experience lag.

I don’t pay a lot of attention to the capitals.

No matter where you put permanent housing, it will quickly be remote to the current content.

(ps. I’m not wild about people joking about throwing other peoples’ content under the bus … just wanted to say that at some point if I’m going to participate in this thread )