If we want player housing instead of another raid

remember how bad it was w/ TF when people want to go to old raids for a chance to TF their BiS gear in that raid to current tier >.>

What changes would need to be made to garrisons for people to consider it player housing?

It definitely splits a raid groups wants/needs and I assume only the raid groups that were actually friends and not just “a guild to raid in” would survive something like that.

I thought that was what raiding was all about.
The team.
Helping teammates get what they need so the team can progress thru challenges.
No?

Remember when it took a whole raid to get one person a staff?

Raiders not doing this type of thing anymore?

Well I’m sure players would appreciate a house in the capital than one that’s in another dimension we don’t pay attention to anymore.

1 Like

I can guarantee you’d lose the vote.

They’ve said they don’t want to half-effort player housing, and it’ll take a couple expansions to do. I don’t understand why player housing people don’t understand that. They literally told you everything except “It’s coming in 12.0” - they told you they don’t want to put half effort into it, and that means it’ll take a few expansions. That is all but direct confirmation they’re working on it.

For one, they are phased so that would need to end first.

There is a difference between giving mats from 1 raid to someone and wasting every raid night on a different raid when 20 people need items from 50 raids.

Someone is going to get salty, humans play this game.

So just door to take you to your own little instanced room?

Well we won’t know until there is one.

You can go in with a group.

There’s not enough real estate for everyone to have there own non instanced house.

3 Likes

Ideally it’d be a decent sized slab in the street with many spikes on it.

what was the phrase you keep saying?
Oh that’s right…
You said what you said and it's up to blizzard now

In no reality are you getting player housing that isn’t phased. There are millions of players.

And to be honest, no one should want that, because it would create situations like the terrible housing situation in Final Fantasy 14 where there’s limited housing available and you have to spend millions upon millions for it, and hope you’re lucky enough to win one.

4 Likes

20 years worth of expansions , I’m sure we can come up with enough real estate.
Not all of it is going to be beach front desirable.
I for one wouldn’t be buying in the city anyway.

I’d much rather my little plot be on a nice hilltop overlooking a mountain valley with the sea in the distance. Someplace I can see the Sun rise and set.

I couldn’t care less about what the in vogue capital city currently is.

That’s big city thinking. I don’t come from a big city :slight_smile:

According to their own poll this is wrong.

1 Like

How the heck are you gonna have non instance housing That won’t lag crash the server or phase out most of the players from limited resources?

Some kind of island?

Yeah that’ll be fun.

How do we have NPC villages , cites, etc,etc now?

It’s mostly uninhabitable. I mean you do realize that more than a hundred people play the game right

They never had a poll asking if housing or raiding was the preferred option.