If we want player housing instead of another raid

Uhh… no, Dragonriding is without a doubt the most well-received feature WoW’s had in a long time and it’s all but confirmed that it’s here to stay.

Similarly, the profession rework was much needed because professions were extremely dead prior to said rework.

The problem is, player housing with nothing to make up for it would need to be perfect on the first try. If it sucks and casuals are unsatisfied with how it played out a-la Garrisons, and raiders/M+ers/PvPers are upset because the content they actively play the game for just got flushed down the toilet for several months in favor of a failed feature, you’ve just pissed off your entire playerbase and probably just took your game out back and blew its brains out with a point-blank shotgun blast.

1 Like

Watch, housing will be a cash store purchase thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh god not this again what is this keep happening to me. I just got alcohol tobacco and firearms off my case

1 Like

well, yes. Absolutely.

Housing is a money printing machine for MMORPGs. There is a less than zero chance that any WoW housing would not be extremely, overwhelmingly monetized.

This is not me being cynical, this is me speaking from experience in other MMOs.

You should see the absurdly cool and ridiculously expensive mega-mansions you can get in ESO and how much they cost. There is one that is a literal entire island with a lighthouse on it. And It’s absurdly expensive both in cash and ingame currency.

And they(and the furniture to decorate them) sell like hotcakes despite being absurdly priced. there is an entire very large Community built around decorating houses in that game.

so no different to real life housing then >.>

I would prefer housing over a raid tier.

However… i vote for a raid tier.

Just as how i dislike it when people try to take content away from me, im not going to be on board with doing it to them.

Would you be okay with someone saying we shouldn’t get a new zone and quests next patch so that they have resources to make more dungeons?

I dont believe its right to take away someone elses fun for self benefit.

Quick show of hands…

Who here voted Ardmccloud to speak for and represent the playerbase at large?

Ardmccloud?

Ardmccloud quit ages ago.

At least, he SAID he was.

They’d have to put releasing new expansions on pause for 5 or 6 years, more likely, while they recode the entire game.

“We” don’t want player housing. A large majority of “We” never, ever wants player housing - ever.

Garrisons were playing housing. You rejected them because you couldn’t decorate it and ERP in a dungeon with whatever bizarre furniture you picked out.

FFXIV’s community has single handedly shown why player housing can never exist in a healthy form: non stop 24/7 relentless main communication channel(s) spammed about whatever 18+ “NIGHT CLUB LIVE DJ ON TWITCH NUDE/LEWD MOD ENCOURAGED!” garbage of the day.

2 Likes

I would vote against it, just cause you all voted against Soaring Spelltome as a free mount for a dang tree!!! I am STILL upset about that TO THIS DAY! :angry: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

No joke. Does anybody ever even use the tree?

I blame Night Elves.

1 Like

He says lots of things.

He’s big on saying, not so much on doing.

2 Likes

Why not both?

Jeez, wow players have such low standards…

1 Like

Do people want player housing for immersion and roleplaying purposes only or does it provide fungible benefits?

WoW players are stuck in a zero sum mindset where they believe any new feature they have no interest in will cost them something they like or want.

2 Likes

this is basically it for me, tbh.

I’m tired of always being a homeless murderhobo in MMOs and I always appreciate having a place that I can call Home for my characters, even if it just for RP purposes.

One would think, with all the Heroics we do, we’d be given a huge plot of land to do with as we please.

But no, every hero and champion is just a homeless bum. /shrug

2 Likes

You already do, on Draenor.

2 Likes

please stop using teh word WE . your opinion is yourse alone. I wouldnt go without one ore node , if that was all it was going to take , for player housing . It is the worst part of every game its in

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware.

This was just in the interest of answering the question.