If they kill Sylvanas they need to kill an Alliance leader

If by “us” you mean Worgen players, then no, i’m not. I actually doubt a single Worgen player liked that questline. It served no real purpose, except to devalue the worgen curse, which is why people play worgen. They don’t play worgen because they are interested in faux englishmen with awful accents, which is all you have when you remove the curse from the playable worgen.

4 Likes

Personally, I neither liked nor hated it. But I understood it and what the writers were trying to say. As an RPer who DOES consider the Worgen curse to BE A CURSE, I can see how the Gilnean people would see it as such as well. After all, this is literally the entire BASIS of the Worgen in lore. It is a Curse and a Burden that someone has to live with.
This is not “devaluing” the Worgen curse. That’s stating exactly what it is.

Could the quest of been better? Sure. It could of said the exact same thing but framed it better. But the Quest wasn’t wrong. Just because SOME worgen fans’ headcanon disagrees with Blizzard’s lore, doesn’t make Blizzard’s lore wrong.

Please don’t speak for Worgen players.

The questline went against everything the Worgen have been for the last 10 years. Since their inception yes they have seen the worgen curse as a curse, BUT they have always said in their voice lines, “Our curse grants us strength!”

That doesn’t sound like they think the curse just completely sucks and needs to be gone with this generation of worgen the way the heritage quest made it seem.

12 Likes

“Our curse is also our greatest gift.” Genn Greymane

10 Likes

Players never chose to be Gilnean. They chose to be Worgen. Being Gilnean is secondary to who they are and should have been reflected in the heritage questline.

The best thing that could happen at this point for Worgen would be to faction split from Gilneas, select a new leader, retake and rename a part of Gilneas for themselves.

2 Likes

That quest line is stupid because it suggests that the worgen aren’t fundamentally changed from who they were when Gilneas still stood and that the worgen curse is a one-generation problem that will simply disappear over time.

I am ok with non-cursed Gilnean characters but they should never be the core nor leaders of the faction. So, basically: down with Tess, up with Crowley & Bloodfang.

4 Likes

I never understood why blizzard didn’t make the worgen curse hereditary. When other ‘curses’ like the curse of flesh and Seethe’s curse are. I mean the worgen curse is basically spread by bodily fluids mixing, mainly saliva connecting with blood via biting. I also seem to recall that it can also be spread from one person to another if the uncursed party drank cursed blood. ( Lord Darius Crowley says: Drink my blood and be reborn as worgen, immune to the depravity of the Forsaken. from https://wow.gamepedia.com/No_Escape) It would add more weight to those who willingly got cursed if the choice they made affected future generations. Like the deal Rastakhan made with Bwonsamdi.

Like if drinking cursed blood = worgen curse, how come a pregnant worgen woman doesn’t pass it onto their child(ren)?

8 Likes

I assume World of Warcraft will end someday, and by someday I am hoping most of us are still alive by then. Part of me thinks the worgen curse will technically be unnecessary because Azeroth will be at peace, with at most a token group each generation.

Similarly, the forsaken might end up dying out when all is said and done in WoW.

On the other hand, isn’t the Worgen Heritage quest more a consequence of just how poor Blizz implemented the Worgen Curse into their setting? Since it does not pass down through genetic lines then that means you have to contract it. Either willingly, or by force. And there are just not enough benefits to the contraction of a magic disease that literally alters your very soul for many to want to take it upon themselves willingly. “Worgens are cool” works for player motives, not so much for PC’s.

And its not as if the Heritage Questline is wrong in one point. Genn is the King of Gilneas, not just the Worgen. Tess is thus the princess of Gilneas, again … not just the Worgen. While all playable Worgen may be Gilneans, not all Gilneans are Worgen. So, her not choosing to accept the curse isn’t the most unreasonable choice given the circumstances and costs. It would be nice for say … Lorna Crowley to accept it instead, but that should be tied into the core underlying motivation for accepting it.

…Or you could do some radical group inflicting it deliberately and Lorna gets caught up in that I suppose. But that would mean that the Curse would be something that is forced upon people.

2 Likes

Idk, if Orcs are still allowed to walk and breathe on Azeroth then I see no reason why Worgen’s shouldn’t be allowed to.

2 Likes

You seem to be misinformed. Although despite Nightelves being popular, they’re definitely ‘Not the most popular race’ on the contrary - Humans (Ironically) are actually the most player Alliance race.

Additionally, the Horde have had a lot of the Forsaken killed off since Cataclysm / their story is in shambles, and the Undercity / Lordaeron has also been deemed unfit / destroyed. If your argument is ‘Oh well that was also Sylvanas’s fault and no one really cares about that city’ then alright - Tyrande can be responsible for blowing up the Exodar with your deluded scenario. :upside_down_face: (Personally, for what it’s worth I was hoping Tyrande would team up with the Highborne with the Focusing Iris & flood Ogrimmar like Jaina was gonna do ages back).

Hmm I wouldn’t say he’s ‘Friendlier to the Horde than his own people’, that’s pushing it - but he is rather friendly to everyone in an annoying cartoon Disney kinda way. I was personally hoping they’d pull a Jaina on him with some traumatising event that made him all ‘The entirety of the Horde need to be subdued & pay!’ ordeal.

If Orgrimmar was flooded by Tryande, I’d like if the Botani that infiltrated Azeroth saw the errors of their ways but at the same time still wanted to prosper & joined the Alliance under an agreement to achieve such - then boom-bloom up massive Gorgrond roots & Ashenvale trees all over the Barrens / have the Nightelves conquer Northern Barrens, making it a hybrid mix of the two.

I’m fairly sure that last time I checked before Blizzard removed the API, Night Elves were on par with humans on max level and my assumption is that more people started playing Night Elves due to the customizations.

Well considering that he held a heroic speech for the Horde / Horde hero in Orgrimmar after they just commited genocide against an Alliance race (which he refused to help during their time of need), I’d definitely push Anduin in the red area.

4 Likes

I thought it was more that he felt he couldn’t help with the Darkshore reinvasion, now that he didn’t want to. Besides, he still housed the refugees.

Well I didn’t really see any good season why he’d attack Zandalar, Arathi and Lordaeron instead of sending a few troops to help the Night Elves save their lands and survivors.

No. We need to do more then just killing a single alliance leader. For real parity and fairness the alliance needs to lose much much more.
Jaina
Anduin
Genn
Tyrande
Alleria
Turalyon
Velen.

would be a good start to thin out the ranks of the alliance a bit. We can further go on from there of course. Time to deal some lasting damage to the guys in blue.

Me neither, all they had to do was to sink navy to immobilize people. He didn’t have to make assault on Zul’Dazar and waste so many people there.

And if they found out that goblins were plundering Atal’Dazar - why not bust Gallywix out and inform Rastakhan about it? That would be a big deal and could make Zandalari turn away from Horde.
With no Alliance lives lost, while Horde would suffer a lot.

2 Likes

I accept Tyrande

When looking at the overall spectrum across all regional realms, Humans have generally been ahead of Night Elves by leagues of numbers. Unless you’re talking about a specific region, or server then I’d understand & apologise for the misunderstanding.

Hmm was more of a Saurfang speech than an ‘Entire Horde’ speech I’d feel. Plus tactically speaking if it was the entire Horde & it was to create discern in the faction it could have been intelligent to sever their bonds with Sylvanas and then surgically strike & fan out his forces to break the Horde (Obviously that wasn’t what happened or entirely his intent however).

Hmm, Anduin immediately tried showing support during the original invasion / incursion - but with the ‘We will retake our lands!’ ordeal - yeah, I feel it was a tad “What the heck Anduin?” when he refused to aid the Night Elves. Sure forces spread thin, but those lands were like right next door to major Horde settlements - it would have been a massive advantage so I’m not sure what the writers or Anduin was thinking lol.

Numbers only matter when the writers need them to. Both factions should have been exhausted three times over by now.

1 Like

Lets just kill all the leaders.

Start fresh.

2 Likes