If tanks aren't gonna tank in AV

I’m just like, damn. It’s 7am.

You can if you do it intentionally. Searing pain spam, plus coe, etc. I’m a very weird spec at the moment specifically for aoe tanking/kill dungeons. SL/Intensity and a pocket pally running concentration.

Have no problems yanking threat usually if I want it. Good tank can take it off me if they want with taunt. No good tank? No problem, I’ll tank it myself.

2 Likes

Just COE for mages, afk for 20 seconds, then start dps’ing. Know your role, Warlock.

2 Likes

I just hit revered with this warrior in AV… to date, I’ve probably been healed about 12 times (not 12 games). Horde is horrible

1 Like

If you’re pulling threat now as a horde warlock, it’s going to be horrible for you with hit gear.

2 Likes

Are we pretending taunt doesn’t get resisted and have a cool down on top of it?

1 Like

Just roll a tank. Show them your taunt game playa.

5 Likes

If it is any consolation, i heal alliance, but they let me die LoL
so they dont actually get too many heals out of me.

Was able to reset her twice in one fight today. With 7 warriors attacking her. It took her 15 seconds to go from where she spawns to the threshold of her bunker and in all that time no one taunted at all. Then the entire raid flammed me for resetting her, when the power was in the hands of the people whose job it is to be holding her agro. No excuse for this. They let her run all the way out and her target never changed.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

2 Likes

You posted this to me, but i think i missed the beginning someplace?

This forum template is garbage, I just use the easiest method to post. Idk what to tell ya.

Big blue reply button at bottom is generic reply
When you click the word reply at the bottom right of a persons post, it sends them a notice that you are talking to them.

Anyways, at least explains why i didnt understand your post.

Thanks, pal. I see that now.

So, since im curious now.
Who were you kiting?

Balinda. Read the thread lol

Sounds like someone(s) were DPSing and forgetting to worry about spamming threat type things instead?

1 Like

they just straight up don’t press taunt. Maybe they don’t have target of target enabled, or maybe they just aren’t paying attention. IDK. If they are at least trying to taunt, I won’t reset her. But if they just aren’t gonna bother, I’m running out every time. Maybe the frustration of having her reset will force them to pay attention. If not, well…

You, as a Lock, should not be the one holding aggro over X number of tankish types, i mean it seems there should be countless ways of keeping the boss in, as opposed to letting it chase 1 Warlock?

What I’m saying lol but they just don’t. And then they rage and scream for reports when it resets. Glad someone else sees it how I do.

Does not make sense.
Your druids have 2 taunts they can force on Belinda
1 targeted, 1 AOE
All warriors can taunt
Hunters can misdirect.
I forget what Shaman do that is threaty.
People could also try stunning her, hamstringing her, bashing her etc.
Hell a priest could probably go heal spammy, and then bubble til tanks regain.

I mean come on, 20 to 40 people can not rip the boss back from one lock?
Bel does not have that kind of a threat system, where she reaches a phase and super glues to some poor sucker, she is pretty much just a straight forward boss.

1 Like