If someone says "REPORT HIM" in chat, and you get kicked offline 10 seconds later how is that fair?

About a month ago I was contemplating re-rolling on a new server. Like many do, I made a level one did /joinlookingforgroup. After this I simply asked in chat what the server was like.

As much of a surprise to no-one, Barman Shanker LFG channel was just filled with political chat, so I simply said, and nothing more. “I didn’t vote” to which I saw someone say “EVERYONE REPORT THIS GUY”.

~10 seconds later I’m offline with a forced name change. I try to give my character the exact same, non-offensive name I had before and i got an error that player name was already taken.

I created another level 1, only to appear right in front of someone who created a character with my name doing /wave to me a few times before logging out. Only to taunt me he stole my name.

I then say in LFG chat, “ha ha very funny whoever reported me, got me knocked offline then stole my name”

~10 seconds later I’m offline again with a 24 hour suspension.

Let’s fast forward one month to 3 days ago. I’m on a level 10 on Jom Gabber in Stormwind and replied to a question in trade chat. Someone said back to me, “great name, would be better if it were Tauren.”

My reply (in trade chat) was “thanks! I actually was but someone reported me, and stole my name, apparently it only takes ~5 votes to get someone to have to change their name”

~10 seconds later, I’m kicked offline and forced name change.

I do change my name, and I login and say “ha ha very funny all of you who spam reported me, you can get banned for false reporting”

People in chat replied saying “I’d do it again if I could” and another said “I already did”

About 3 seconds after those messages came through I was offline again.

Now please tell me @blizzard how is this fair? Those who did this will absolutely never have any repercussions, they’re still playing the game. But somehow, on two completely different realms, on two completely different factions this has happened twice.

It takes 24-48 hours to get a reply after filling out a ticket (which by the way doesn’t even work, you get errors everytime you try to do an appeal and for each one it opens and closes a ticket so you get dozens of notifications if you try it several times. You have to file a generic ticket which you get a generic response.

The most ridiculous part of all of this is that after (~5) or so people clicking “report name inappropriate” you get this email along with your suspension:

"Your fellow players reported your in-game name as inappropriate multiple times.

Suspension expires on: 2021 December 20 22:57 UTC

After a thorough investigation of the evidence, we have Suspended your World of Warcraft account."

@blizzard please tell me how a 100% automated system is capable of doing a thorough investigation of the evidence?

I don’t think we are getting all the details.

The only thing automated is the squelch, which is temporary pending a GM review. If you got a 24 hour silence, means a GM reviewed what you said and it broke the rules

As for the forced name change, that’s not how it works.

8 Likes

I can 100% promise you that’s exactly how it works. This all happened over the course of about 3 mins or less.

Reported, kicked offline and forced to change name. Log back in…reported again and offline within about 30 more seconds.

Try to login again… 24 hour suspension. Email in my inbox stating:

"Your fellow players reported your in-game name as inappropriate multiple times.

Suspension expires on: 2021 December 20 22:57 UTC

After a thorough investigation of the evidence, we have Suspended your World of Warcraft account."

How did a GM review that over the course of less than 3 minutes?

Nope, you are wrong. The Blues here have described how it works. You are operating from limited information.

I’m a hundred percent sure we are not getting the whole story.

You only option is to file an appeal via a ticket. Posting here will do nothing.

4 Likes

I can guarantee if I made a new account right now, walked to stromwind and said,

“I rerolled here bc my name got banned on Barman Shanker, I guess it only takes ~5 reports to get kicked offline”

That I would be forced to name change within 30 seconds of saying that. Because that is exactly what happened.

I’ve used some of the exact same character names for 7+ years in retail…never once had any sort of suspension or name change…however, classic and SoM is a bunch of trolls who get off by getting people suspended.

Please don’t spread misinfomration

It’s moot anyways.

Go here to appeal a suspension, posting here will do nothing

4 Likes

Believe whatever you want, I’m telling you exactly what happened to me, if you think it’s fake then don’t comment.

Sorry, you don’t get to tell me when and where to post. The information I gave is correct. File a ticket to appeal.

5 Likes

It doesn’t work, like I wrote in my post which I guess you didn’t actually read.

If you try to do that, you get an error almost instantly and it opens and immediately closes a ticket. However, on your screen it says “unable to fulfil your request, try again later”

So I have filled out a general ticket, and gotten nothing but a generic response. The most recent one, I have not gotten a reply from a GM yet because the system is too slow, the appeal takes longer than the suspension. The people who false report me have absolutely 0 repercussions.

There is a specific category for appeals.

If the name is the same as you are posting on, it a bit inapropiate, and you keep using the same name, of course Blizzard is gonna suspend you.

1 Like

I am aware…and clearly you still are not capable of reading. I said when you do the VERY SPECIFIC appeal ban or suspension, it throws and error and it doesn’t work. I’ve tried in multiple browsers, I’ve cleared cookies/cache and it still throws errors, search the forums there are several posts about it not working.

Therefore, the only way I Was capable of doing a ticket was to do one outside of the appeal section.

Insulting me is not gonna score you any points. I get you are frustrated, but the forums are not the proper venue for this. We are NOT EVEN allow to discuss disciplinary actions here…

1 Like

literally, my initial post…

I’m going to close this topic because it violates the forums Code of Conduct.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
  • Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

It is also my job to clear up false or misunderstood information such as scenario you presented.

I can see the chat logs that were reported about 1 month ago where you appear to be trolling Looking For Group chat with subject matter not appropriate to World of Warcraft. You were also reported for inappropriate comments directed at other players in Battlegrounds.

I can also see the more recent chat for which you are currently suspended and it appears to be much of the same.

Your World of Warcraft accounts have a history of chat and naming violations. So I’d recommend that you reveiw our in-game Code of Conduct which character names are also expected to abide by. If you cannot abide by these rules, your account may face more suspensions up to and including permanent closure.

33 Likes