If Pope Francis can support LGBT people

I appreciate that, though the Baptism of Desire is specifically for those who want to be saved, in their last moments, but never actually were baptized.

I’m talking about people who believe whatever else they might believe. If God were truly an all-good creator who loved his children, He wouldn’t care what they believed as long as they performed good deeds throughout their lives.

Would an all-good deity be so egotistical that they’d require the constant validation of their creations, lest he punish them for all of eternity for them daring to exercise the free will granted to them?

It makes no sense.

And this just sounds like cult talk.

Like, I’m legitimately curious if there’s kool-aid involved hearing this. It’s utterly terrifying.

1 Like

All I ask is that I be buried with a double barrel shotgun and some heavy metal.

1 Like

I’m of the doubt that a divine being exists. But hypothetically if the christian deity exists, from the texts that have been shown, they may have been twisted by the people who put them on record. Or the christian deity is actually not a “good” being. Both are very likely options, who is to say a “god” by default is good?

Someone bring BEN SHAPIRO here :rage:

From the books themselves you can see that their god is a vile, vindictive, jealous, and greedy god. So even if they were to exist, that doesn’t necessarily mean people would worship them - given they’re not exactly, “good”.

Also the thing that paints a supposed evil being like the devil as the bad guy is the very book that propagates that the god is good. Very early propaganda?

1 Like

I’m personally of the opinion that the bible is less a true telling of events that ever actually happened, and more a collection of short stories penned to plant the foundations of good morals and actions in the populace.

And the King James version was written and modified to control the peasantry of the time.

I’m not saying it’s a bad book, just probably not entirely accurate considering the New Testament wasn’t even written until a century after Jesus’ supposed death. :thinking:

1 Like

That’s part of it, but there are other nuances. The Catechism also has this portion:

“1260 “Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery.” Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.”

Why would we want to bring a very Jewish man into a discussion on Christianity and Christian leaders? XD

If you obey and worship them.

See above. Also, it requires a rather narrow moral viewpoint and they make moral proclamations, not moral judgments. I also argue that a being who has never shown themselves, does not prove themselves real, but also requires blind faith and belief or you’ll suffer for eternity, is not “just”.

First you have to demonstrate the god making the claim exists, then said, “Son” existed and was in fact his son. Then you have to show that a hell exists. That’s a lot of burden of proof. Other than that, it’s merely claims.

So if it isn’t our fault, why are we supposedly punished for eternity? Why is it that this being gets to dictate what is right and wrong, even when it’s been shown clearly that their right and wrong is morally corrupt?

What about the people that had never heard of him? What about the people who came before? Are they damned for eternity? What about people who weren’t convinced, when any omnipotent god would know what would be required to convince them? Is that not then the fault of said being?

So what you’re saying is that it doesn’t matter what you do in life that determines whether or not you find, “salvation”. So you’re saying that all the murderers, abusers, and people who hurt and abuse children and other innocents will all find salvation so long as they just, “believe”? You think that’s moral?

It sounds to me like it’s a deadly cult that rewards blind faith and, “sin” in this life.

Posting in an Aviela bait thread.

Hilariously, the topic isn’t even about the original bait anymore.

It never really lasts there.

1 Like

Well if Jesus died for our sins then not sinning would mean he died for nothing.

and that would just be rude to do him dirty like that.

1 Like

That’s a valid hypothesis as well, there are plenty of theories about the bible and what it’s actual nature is. My personal belief is that it was just created as a somewhat screwed up moral guide by humanity using the idea of a fictional god to tempt people to follow that guide. But nobody really knows.

1 Like

It sounds to me like the circular logic of the religion strictly states that all of us are sinners and are going to burn in hell if we don’t accept Jesus, so sounds like the only way for him to have died in vain was to believe in him.

I’m doing my part!

I’m not big on religion as I was never born into it and was always taught that it’s basically santa 2.0. But doesn’t christianity imply that the mere action of living is a sin?

You forgot the part where they believe you were born a sinner, so you’re just adding fuel to the fire.

It depends on the denomination. I don’t believe that every one of them believes in the concept of, “original sin”. Some of them just can’t dismiss logic and their own morals enough to accept that unborn children and those who die at a very young age deserve to burn in hell.

1 Like

Why is Aviela still allowed to post on these forums? Has anyone ever asked themselves that? Maybe we should escape.

#freethemogs

If you supposedly ask for forgiveness and then go out of your way to sin and commit the worst sins you didn’t really want forgiveness.

God doesn’t condemn people, people condemn themselves.