If Pope Francis can support LGBT people

I knew this news would make its way to general forum…so predictable.

aviela is basically known for making threads like these to bait people. So yea, it’s easy to see why people flagged it.

1 Like

It’s tempting to think it’s a text thing, but we’ve been communicating through text since…

Well, I remember AOL chat rooms.

But the need to explicitly denote sarcasm with /s is a recent development.

And I say this as a Gen Xer - remember, that generation between millenials and boomers that hates you both :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if it’s a recent thing I vote we blame the zoomers. Most millennials have been around on the internet for a few decades at this point.

Also, we’re too busy being at war with the boomers to remember you guys even exist =P

1 Like

I’m trying to think of the first time I saw a “/s” to denote sarcasm. :thinking:

I think it was an old roleplay chat forum back in the late 2000s. Maybe it was very early 2010s.

I thought it was weird since sarcasm is usually really easy to identify. The key to sarcasm in a written format is to be really exaggerated with it.

I wanna say I first saw it in the 2010s, but I didn’t really frequent internet forums or chat rooms back then.

You said it OP.
I for one are not against them. However I wish some would stop bringing it up in game, forums, etc.
I play the game for entertainment. I do not want to be lectured on my time of entertainment.

2 Likes

Aviela you really outted yourself as a troll with this post didn’t ya?

Looks like the pope needs to read romans chapter 1.

My wife gets so mad when I say things like “Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Armenians, and Coptics are the only legitimate Christians”.

She was… out of the closet on that matter a long time ago.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

More gay tears

True, but thinking the pope “supports” LGBT people demonstrates a heavy lack of knowledge that only further solidifies that :stuck_out_tongue:

Peter was the first pope. There’s an undivided line of popes from Peter - Francis.

Christianity didn’t begin with Martin Luther 1500 years later.

1 Like

Debatable.

1 Like

Matthew 22:39.

As I have no neighbors where I live, I am thusly granted free reign to hate whomever I wish.

Thanks, Matthew! Your passages always give me strength!

The better idea would be to not rely on works of fiction for advice on how to treat people. :no_mouth:

Peter was an Apostle, not a pope. Matthew 16:18, when Jesus said upon the rock I will build my church. Jesus is Petros, the solid foundation. Peter was petra, meaning pebble. All believers in Christ are a brick in the temple of God. Besides, Paul was the Apostle for the gentiles. Peter never went to Rome.

1 Like

Even as somebody who does, this suggests I need only care about them.

I am allowed to hate everybody else.

It also suggests you love your neighbor as much as you love yourself, which sounds like anybody with some self-hate issues gets to hate everybody too.

This whole thing seems like it’s full of loopholes. They should have just wrote “Be kind to each other” as the only rule.