If pathfinder continues - I will not

Pathfinder is not bad provided you don’t take a break. So far BfA is the only xpac i have done it for because I played straight through. With both WoD and Legion i played at the start, took a break and came back a year or so later. I have yet to go back and complete them because it is a slog. I am working on legion but it’s very slow going.

1 Like

We do not know this is true.

Again, we do not know this is true. And what is a “success” in this context?

The longer pathfinder is part of the game, the more existing players will get fed up and leave, and the more new players will look at the 3 blockades preventing them from flying and say, “Screw this game, I’m going to play a game where they want me to have fun now, not next year!”

And the more players who leave the game over this issue, the higher the percentage of support there will be, as the playerbase continues to dwindle.

4 Likes

Exactly, people don’t want to sacrifice playing time grinding content in empty areas from two expansions ago. It’s detrimental to the experience of new and returning players.

1 Like

Right. After, what, 5 years, the Blizz Dev Team is still seething over this issue. They truck in pallets of Maalox and Tums to counter the acid indigestion and heartburn caused by the long term torment.

Visions of design meetings where the arms of the chairs are torn and taped down from repeatedly be ripped off from the stress and anger the dev team has towards the user base because they have to implement flying Yet Again One More Time.

“If it were for those darn kids…”

The numbers are showing a consistent decline with every pathfinder even though they loosen up the restriction with every iteration of pathfinder.

In other words pathfinder was and continues to be a mistake which needlessly polarizes the WoW community when there are bigger issues to discuss (GCD, class changes, account bound philosophy, WoW virtual economy, transmog/player housing options, etc).

There seems to be this continuing point of view that Blizzard just likes to watch their revenue’s go down, and the player base leave. They’re so committed to their world vision that they’ll let something like WoW burn to the ground on the altar of it.

“Well, PF cost us another 500K players last year, $90M. So, we’ll make sure to put that back on the list of features for 9.x. Hopefully it will be even more wildly successful and we’ll lose 750K players this time! Goals we can believe in!”

Blizzard actually just doesn’t want to lose face by shutting down WoW outright, they want to just suffocate it to death so “it’s the players fault” that they have to shut it down. So, they’ll continue to pour money in to it to fuel its slow demise.

All makes perfect sense.

1 Like

You have to wonder though because of pathfinder if their mount sales dropped which is why they bundle more mounts with game time now.

People keep asking to remove pathfinder and add back a way to buy flying in the new zones, but they don’t realize that they have to buy flying for each character… If I am not wrong, MoP flying costs 2.5k gold… And it was 4 xpecs ago, so nowadays would be 50k+ I think…
Pathfinder is global, so any character can use it.

If you don’t want to grind WQ, just complete the daily emissaries. It takes 10~20 minutes of your day to do it (even less if you have the flight paths, flight master’s whistle and good gear or in a group). By doing this you will hit revered without even noticing.
Also, do the “purple” WQs. They require to kill a strong elite (just find a group, which the quest already helps with it) and reward a lot of rep.

For BFA Pathfinder I already had exalted with all factions before 8.2, and didn’t even rush/grind WQs… Most of them I did to get gear or because I walked into one when I was going somewhere.
For Nazjatar I did the WQs that reward pearls (to gear for raid), and Mechagon just the WQ for Galvanic Oscillator. The only time I did rush/grind rep was when I was like 2k~3k rep from Revered.

Also, completing the main quests reward a lot of rep…

The only issue with pathfinder is that is comes only after x.2 patch, besides that I have no complain at all.

Edit: I know that flying in MoP no longer requires you to buy anything, maybe they do the same for WoD in the future? Who knows.
When I mentioned MoP flying is that 2.5k was a good amount of gold back then, considering you had to buy it for each character. And I don’t want to spend gold just to unlock flying to all my characters…

Yet Classic launch jumped subs by over 200%…

1 Like

I still don’t have pathfinder. I’m fine with that.

Welcome to complaints from… counts on fingers …THIS many years ago!

:laughing:
:ice_cream:

If people were quitting in droves over this at anything like the numbers you people claim they do, PF would have gone away by now.

The people that want to be able to buy flying figure they already have the gold necessary to do the purchase. Not that they’ll have to go out and grind content to actually get the gold to pay for it.

Thus, flying will be “free” to those people.

Barring the time gate (which is a separate issue), Rep is the currency for flight. And you don’t have to spend it, you simply have to accrue it.

Long ago, gold was a reasonable measure of someone “playing the game”, since gold was organically accumulated from quests, mobs, vendor trash, bosses, etc.

“Play the game”, “get gold”.

If you leveled up in MoP via questing, i.e. “playing the game”, 2.5Kg was not a burden. You unconsciously accumulated it through the gameplay.

Of course, today, gold is no longer a good representation of game play. From tokens, the AH “mini game”, folks with 15 years of accumulated wealth, etc.

Any value they could have put on purchasing of flight would either be a trivial amount or no consequence, or a great burden to a bulk of the player base. Notably, it would be specifically unfair, especially to new players compared to veteran players.

So, we now have rep as a currency. A currency that organically accumulates if you play the mainstream game: questing, WQs, etc.

And like it or not, there IS a “mainstream” to this game. The game is about running around and beating up monsters. Some folks fixate on narrow parts of the game, but the mainstream of the game is quests and monsters. Do quests, kill monsters, get gear and other things to empower you character.

Folks need resources for re-roll tokens (if nothing else). They need gold for repairs (raiding alone doesn’t offer enough gold to sustain repairs). Folks convert gear in to mats and such.

So, it’s not like you can actually be super successful in this game WITHOUT the resources that WQs and such provide. Which is why so much is tied to that gameplay.

PvP is the big exception, it’s its own little world. I think they should have some ability for folks to be able to progress along Pathfinder doing PvP. They could have said something like “earn revered with 5 of the 7 reps” with two of them being pure PvP reps. So, folks could pursue a PvP rep instead of, say, Tortollans.

You’re absolutely right, how stupid of me. Humans have never held on to grudges. That’s why Israel is so loved by the Palestinians.
Teeth don’t have to be gnashed, all it takes is changing the PF2 target to be later and later. There are zero legitimate reasons for us to have to wait for PF2, yet we still do.

Pathfinder is keeping me from being interested in playing.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people would rather fly also, but dude, it literally took me like 1 week (and I am SUPER casual. Like an hour a night, maybe like 4 hours TOTAL on the weekend) to go from Pathfinder 1, to 2. 1 you should have been able to get passively just by playing. 2 took some rep grind, but that was SUPER easy with all the dailies offered.

It sucked at first…but it did make you explore. WotlK was the same way essentially. You had to have 1000g for “Cold Weather Flying”. Having 1k in gold back then would be like having a spare 100k laying around now. It wasn’t easy and took a while. Gated in a way…but different.

So, I think gating is fine. It does suck to have to run everywhere…but with the immense amount of flight paths and portals now-a-days…it’s not bad.

I know youre being sarcastic but this is absolutely how bliz sees the implementation of pathfinder. They were so resentful over having to add it in WoD they took it out on the player base with Pathfinder.

Pathfinder is a legitimate curse on the wow community over the players not going along with the devs vision of how they wanted us to enjoy the game.

1 Like

To be honest, it’s not even the lack of flying that is bothersome, but how many mountains and vertical paths you have to run through, on top of them shoving 50000000 mobs between those points to get to the one you need to, if it was just ground mounts but more like classic with open paths and roads.

Then I could see it being completely alright, but the way they have designed (nazjatar) is like the pinnacle of making not having flying seem actually painful.

3 Likes

Ever since LFD was introduced, I feel that WoW community had gotten lazy with going out to explore the world. Then Cata hit with flight and guild perk “Have group will travel”. Everyone got lazier and won’t leave the city unless we summon them by a lock portal or HGWT. Garrison in WoD in that defense, there hardly any content and without flight everyone stay in their Garrison. When they did add pathfinder in, mostly everyone refused to do the requirements because it took too long to get it done. Let face it, everyone wants things to be easy and want it done fast as possible. If were up to me with pathfinder achievement. Here I would have done. Keep part 1 as it is expect rep requirement would have to be exalted. Reward will 5% mount speed and flight. Next content patch keep it the same just downgrad rep to rev.

1 Like

this so much this every thing is the fault of bliz not doing what some body wants. it never has to do with the fact that the game is a dinosaur and people grow out of things unlike many manchildren who cling to past glories and try to hold others back . that is the true reason the game is bleeding subs too many eeletist holding the unskilled down.

i say it is because the game is OLD and we have lives outside of the game so yes the game is losing subs i would hope it some people can understand that however when something goes wrong they always throw out the people are leaving .