If pathfinder continues - I will not

I and many don’t because i’m not wasting my time doing things in game i don’t want to do, why would i play a game in a way i don’t enjoy? O right Pride and Achievement?

1 Like

If i recall correctly, Classic doesn’t have flying.

1 Like

Don’t worry Shadowlands wont have pathfinder because Blizzard will remove flying entirely from all new zones to make everything a million times slower.

1 Like

Okay bye!
Have a wonderful time!
Can I have your stuff?

Ok, bye I guess.

the game is 15 years old.

take a moment to consider how much of the playerbase is now dead.

unless you can throw a mass res, those folks aren’t returning. :wink:

I took the exact same position as Spodge, I did not play or purchase Legion until flight was fully unlocked and achievable in game.

The only reason I returned for Legion was my wife wanted me to play again, she flew me around until I got flight, then we finally did play together again.

I did the exact same thing with BFA, though this time she had a harder time convincing me to play again.

The long breaks were great for me, it helped me find other games that I enjoyed without feeling like the game devs hated me.

Just add it to your kids’ chores.

Totally different game. I love classic.

1 Like

Nah… I’m sure all 12 million subscribers are still here and playing from wrath, nothing blizz has ever done is wrong and all the dying and empty realms are just a well orchistrated ruse by the lizard alien illuminati to make blizzard look bad!

Nobody ever quits wow right? “lol see you next patch!” hur hurr blizz is a perfect game company authored by infallible gods and I love crawling around on the ground for 2 years just like all of those sneaky 12 million subscribers still playin.

3 Likes

Ok, see ya.

My opinion is that the lower costs are simply a benefit from the spiteful way PF2 is gated. PF2 isn’t a comprise, it’s a punishment inflicted because the dev team is still pissed that the player base hasn’t completely rolled over, stuck thier collective rumps in the air and agreed with blizzard’s new vision that “flying is bad”. I’m 100% sure that if the team had been given 30% more resources that PF 2 wouldn’t have come out a day earlier. That’s why I’m unsubbing on 9.0 launch day and not buying the expac until 6 weeks before flight will be fully available (unless a miracle happens and Pathfinder is revoked). Going to finally try FF14, maybe I won’t even have to come back. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

The devs have apparently found that most people do Pathfinder, even if they do complain about it. And even if Pathfinder is time gated, people still do it. Well, some people probably got fed up and quit, but apparently enough people stayed that Pathfinder is now considered a success.

The people still here generally say that if you just play the game the way you normally would, you will get Pathfinder anyway. That is probably true of a lot of people. They do all the quests, do all the emissary stuff, etc. That’s probably why the devs have decided to keep Pathfinder, they figure it “works” for most people.

If you don’t fit the profile of the “typical” player who plays the game “the way you are supposed to” then you may not be happy with Pathfinder. I’m not myself. Never did get Pathfinder for Legion, not getting it for BFA. I don’t plan to buy any more expansions after my sub runs out in December. And no, you cannot have my stuff.

Hey it’s not that bad. I come back to WoW after the expansions go free and just play to unlock flying then leave for another few years. It’s greatly reduced the amount of money I give to Activision Blizzard and able to play many others games now.

Flying gives no advantage to raiding, m+, or instanced pvp. The only advantage it gives is a slight one to world content. You’re complaining about not instantly having a slight advantage to content you say you don’t want to do in the first place…so…just don’t do it?

1 Like

The only problem i have with pathfinder is it comes too late into an expansion.
Honestly the only issue i have with not having flying is it makes it harder (or flying makes it easier, idk) to farm materials like ores and herbs at the start of the expansion.
Yes, it’s ok to not allow flying by simply reaching cap and buying it, but the current incarnation of pathfinder feels more like a punishment for wanting to fly than a goal to accomplish that.
In my opinion flying should be available at max on the first patch in the expansion (e.g.: 8.1) and not need a grind that some people do not want to do (like having all reps at exalted).
My ideal incarnation of pathfinder would be:

• Reach cap
  • Available at X.1
  • Finish the main storyline quests of each zone
  • After all of the above do a small/medium questchain that rewards it

Anyway that’s my opinion.

I wish people would post this stuff on their mains so when pathfinder continues and they keep playing I can come back and call them out on it.

id like it better if there was a reason we weren’t able to fly in zones and pathfinder acted as a quest chain to handle the issue preventing us from flying in each zone

Like maybe some feral race is knocking us off our flying mounts in a zone so we have to work with our allies in the area to take them out or maybe win that race over so they stop attacking us

Maybe some elemental baddie is causing high winds in the area so we cant fly.

granted there’s only so many ways to keep players from flying in an area so they’re bound to get repetitive but at least its better then no flying til we all like you then magically you can fly

The devs have apparently found that most people do Pathfinder, even if they do complain about it. And even if Pathfinder is time gated, people still do it. Well, some people probably got fed up and quit, but apparently enough people stayed that Pathfinder is now considered a success.

Maybe, but I wonder what the new players retention numbers are. Imagine trying to invite a friend to the game and explaining that in the areas from level 90 onwards everybody will be flying except him… I tried and it didn’t go too well.

Also, the content from previous expansions is massive and it can be overwhelming for new/returning players.

Pathfinder came organically as far as rep and achievements for me. The time gate was the only obstacle I could do without.

If you don’t want to get out in the world and do things in it, what do you want flying for anyways?

1 Like