If I pay a subscription, there should be some customer support

You mean you don’t like waiting hours to receive a copy pasted response that had absolutely nothing to do with the ticket you submitted?

I don’t know if you read my post earlier, but other companies that sell access to software have ticketing systems that respond to everything and don’t rely on a forum to do that. They do have forums, if people want to ask quick questions, but the company does not refer people’s trouble tickets to a forum. While it may be outside of the scope of the help desks’ preferred tickets - they still respond to tickets with an actual answer.

Yes, I worked in Customer and Tech Support for a Tech Company for 20 years. Customers could open tickets on anything, and I answered questions about everything OR handed their ticket to another person who could. (NOT a forum). Yes, I was updating a person’s profile account because they couldn’t figure out how to change their name, AND ALSO sent documentation describing how they could do it themselves next time.

I just had an issue with SW that I am paying a subscription for. On my profile page there is a button that says, “Open a Ticket.” Their drop-downs are very inclusive, even including such categories as “Feedback.” Not once is there a point where you are directed to a forum, or a separate company’s website, you could open a ticket on any path. The feature I was having troubles with was working as designed. They sent me a personal response on this, showed me the link to the feature, explained the reason why, and suggested workarounds.

THIS is proper customer support. People can defend Blizzard’s poor customer support and customer-blame all they want, but the fact is - other companies that provide subscription based SW - DO Provide Better Support. Period.

1 Like

“other companies” aren’t dealing with the sheer number of issues which are being submitted to blizzard daily.

…when you look at these threads, you’ll notice that the people complaining, always like to omit little details… such as why they opened the ticket.

there was a point where ticket times were 7-10 days.
…because people decided they needed to open a ticket for every tiny thing.
It’s not the job of GMs to help with your homework, or to keep you company when you’re feeling lonely.

It only took me a day to get an account issue fixed and I got an actual response - then again, it was something that required me to submit personal info, so that may be why it was taken more seriously.

You think you do, but you don’t

Yes, Cisco Systems gets a fair amount of tickets every day. But they choose to pay people to provide technical and customer service support. Other smaller companies, like LearnDash, STILL choose to allow customers to open up tickets on any issue they like and provide an answer within 24 hours. Companies big AND small choose good customer support.

Because other companies CHOOSE to hire people to provide a high-level support for their customers and Blizzard chooses NOT to invest in the manpower to support their customers.

1 Like

In 8 years of playing I only had to submit one ticket for an actual problem. Blizzard resolved the problem within 48 hours. So I don’t really see what the problem is.

But what do you expect of a small indie company? /s

If you hang out around these forums at all you’ll see the outcomes of all these cheap cost cutting measures.

customers are very well supported.
you just have a personal vendetta… which you’re very vocal about.

i’m not familiar with these companies, but i can assure you that the breadth of issues experienced by clients, is nothing compared to what people expect blizzard to be able to solve.
most of the clients who deal with these companies, employ their own people who would be expected to troubleshoot any issues prior to initiating contact.

blizzard customers don’t pay an individual to take care of things.
we have a forum instead of our own employees.

I don’t have a personal vendetta. You just don’t want to accept that Blizzard has poor customer service and anyone who offers proof is being written off.

Ha ha ha!! https://www.cisco.com/ The entire Internet runs on Cisco hardware and software and definitely experiences “the breadth of issues experienced by” Blizzard AND MORE.

Exactly, they take the cheap way out. I’m glad you recognize that. Instead of payng people to provide Good customer service, they rely on free labor from a forum to provide Poor customer service.

1 Like

How do you expect to get customer support when they keep firing their staff?

It’s easier than ever to spam report people on the forums you don’t agree with or make false claims and get them temp banned or perma’d though.

Also, you get a generic and lazy “TOS” response every time because I don’t think they actually read or moderate their actions.

The mods have all the logs - you can’t get someone falsely suspended and have it stick. You can only get a post temp greyed out until a mod removes the flag. A suspension is issued by a real person.

When was the last time you were forum suspended? Not only do they tell you why, they quote the post that got you suspended in the email they send. It can also be a pattern of posting, but they include at least one of them so you have an idea what it was.

Also, there is no TOS. There is a EULA for all Blizzard games and services. There is also one Forum Moderation team who takes care of all reports across all Blizzard forums.

Just check the CS forums sometime - and watch people get called out for pretending they don’t know what they did.

Here is a good one from last week regarding an in-game penalty

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/being-muted-becoming-a-problem/828187
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/being-muted-becoming-a-problem/828187/8

There is a way to get support. There is a direct ticket form you can submit. It exists. Up to you if you choose to use it or not.

Is it the best system? Or was having GM’s ingame better, perhaps… But support is still there for you to utilize.

My friend had an issue and they told get to check the forums/wowhead. :roll_eyes:
Ended up being a marker in the wrong spot.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/2173e4b7-3d3c-4c92-96e0-96b332d36eff/terms-of-sale

Pretty sure TOS in this case is terms of service not terms of sale, and the TOS or terms of service is the end user license agreement or the EULA.

1 Like

That is the Terms of Sale - it specifically governs the Blizzard Shop.

The poster was referencing the Terms of Service that Blizzard used to have covering rules and policies - as well as penalties.

Blizzard now has all that stuff in the EULA that covers all the games and services.

Edit - I am also going to say that I do agree that it would be fantastic if every Blizzard customer could just call up CS and ask whatever they want whenever they want.

However, this is a video game, not an essential utility. What would it cost to staff at that level? Would you answer people who get lost on a quest and want game hints? People who want to vent that they hate a feature? People who want a bug fixed for them personally right now?

Those all take away from being able to help with Billing, Account Access, Tech support, and GM tasks that staff have tools to help with. This is why they now triage support requests and try to send people to the most efficient means to get it resolved - and the biggest one is game hints - which they want solved by the player base, not by CS telling them how to do things.

How much would you be willing to pay to have a staff big enough to handle all those support requests? They used to have tickets that took over a week to answer due to the backup and lack of restrictions on ticket types.

Trade offs I suppose. That said, I would expect a top class infrastructure company that utilities run off of to have good support.

1 Like

Just for the record, my ticket was about the vicious war saddle progress not moving, regardless of winning rated pvp matches above the required rating. I feel like this is a fair ticket, and something that can’t be fixed by “check the forums” but they gave me a copy paste, check the forums reply.

My most recent experience with opening a ticket: Got a canned response from Blizzard telling me they’ve received too many tickets and don’t have time to deal with my ticket and direct me to a bunch of generic links to wowhead, and told me to open another ticket if I still have issue… :roll_eyes: