If I pay a subscription, there should be some customer support

Over the years it’s become increasingly difficult to open an actual ticket, they just give you the run around, and direct you to different forums. I remember back in early expansions being able to get in touch with a GM and getting issue’s resolved. Did blizzard fire every single GM? This game has next to zero customer support.

100 Likes

I have no issues speaking to a gm when I need to.

9 Likes

Idk what special version of the game you are on but the one I play takes upwards of 3 days to get an automated response blaming me for the bug and referring me to Wowhead.

70 Likes

What are you on about? You can easily open a ticket by going to Blizzard support and choosing your support option. Take some time to go to the support webpage and you will see it’s pretty easy to make a ticket. I get responses within 24-48 hours.

4 Likes

yea, the cuts to support staff have been one of the worst changes in recent memory. 90% of responses are painfully slow, cookie cutter bot-style responses, and the gms that do reply are frequently very lacking in knowledge and seemingly poorly trained. it takes multiple tickets to get a real person who actually seems to comprehend the issue. its a large part of why the botting problem has grown so out of control - there simply isnt a robust enough support staff to handle them in a timely manner.

20 Likes

This isn’t even true though. Half the time you can’t even find a “support option” that adequately describes your problem.

25 Likes

I have never had a problem getting a ticket resolved. But then again I only make tickets about actually issues.

5 Likes

Obviously my platinum edition…

1. You didn’t receive a email blaming you for a bug.
  2. I have yet to see a email directing me to wowhead to resolve any issue I’ve had.
1 Like

You’re free to pick whatever you think bests describes your issue. There is an option to submit a ticket with each issue. It’s not hard to figure out

It could be that he accidently summoned a kandarian demon while reading words of power. I don’t think Blizzard Support has a help page for that… nor do I think they are exactly prepared to deal with that issue. Or… maybe it’s just working as intended.

1 Like

It wasn’t an email, further proving you have no clue what you are talking about. They don’t respond to in-game tickets with emails. And yes, I did get blamed for the bug that happened, saying I was exploiting game mechanics which ended up getting my character bugged out while I was doing a daily in SMV during WoD. I wasn’t exploiting anything, I literally ended up in a phase where my character could not move or cast and the world was empty of mobs.

Then you must be a special boy because everyone I know that plays this game irl has received a ticket response with a link to Wowhead in it.

That’s what I do. The old UI for the ticket page was much better though.

9 Likes

I gave up even ticketing. Gms are useless now. I remember when they’d talk to you and try their best.

I swear they get paid by the amount of tickets they mark as resolved rather than satisfying the customer.

19 Likes

If you have an issue that a GM can help with then you will get a response.
Game hints, tech support issues, dumb questions are not part of their job.

5 Likes

I love how you so matter of fact like said that… and how wrong you actually are. I have emails from GMs in response to ingame tickets…

NEXT

So you got caught exploiting a phasing bug and you are still salty about it 5 years later? lol

2 Likes

I also get responses fast. Have you considered maybe checking wowhead before asking a gm?

1 Like

Honestly I think it really depends on your issue, if it isn’t something Major it might take longer for a response since they’re dealing with other Tickets.

Too may queries about “Where is Makrik wife?” drove customer support mad. They told Blizzard this job ain’t paying them enough and left.

1 Like

I made a Torghast run two weeks ago first run in the wing I had not yet run, looted the end boss and got 94 gold and no soul ash. No problem, I’ll submit a ticket to try and get credit for my missing 570 soul ash.

The automated ticket system tried to redirect me to existing support articles at least three times before it finally landed me on an actual ticket submission page. That’s hardly the end of the world, and it’s common in all CS industries these days, but it felt much more like “they just give you the run around, and direct you to different [knowledge articles].” and did not at all feel like “You can easily open a ticket by going to Blizzard support”.

Ironically, I looked at the titles of topics it tried to redirect me to and none of them were this article indicating “no soul ash, too bad, can’t help.” I will say I got a response within 24 hours wherein the cookie-cutter GM response was prety much “no soul ash, too bad, can’t help,” so at least I got a response (disappointing as it was for their clear bug, my ash was never mailed to me on re-logging as that article suggests either).

So yeah, OP’s on the mark that CS is not what it used to be… One has to adapt though, since complaining on the forums “I payz muh sub… where’s muh s’pport?!1!” doesn’t accomplish anything.

3 Likes

Blizzard used to set the standard for customer support. Nowadays the individuals still try hard, but there’s just not enough of them.

1 Like

Right… well I understand they try to automate it more as the support base has a lot of useful information but if this is a glitch in the game not giving enough credit for something I can almost guarantee Blizzard won’t give the missing soul ash. They will submit it as a bug and hopefully they fix it.