If I pay a subscription, there should be some customer support

This. Had so many tickets closed on me without giving me a chance to reply to the generic copy paste response given to a complicated issue. Used to be the GMs had some personality at least when they would answer the ticket and TRY to address what you typed… now they just shut the ticket down, paste a generic response, and don’t address you at all. For weeks I had a serious technical issue with graphical glitches and they kept linking me to support tickets for a solution that had nothing to do with the problem I was experiencing (though I tried it anyway and wouldn’t you know it… it didn’t work!). Smh.

1 Like

Maybe this thriving multi million dollar company should consider hiring more tech support then. Hmm…!!

1 Like

a dozen… who have come and gone over the span of the games life.

there was never a point in time when there were “at least a dozen” active at once.

why?
none of the stuff which the poster mentioned was tech related.
…and why were you trying to get tech stuff dealt with via ticket?
most of it is quite easily dealt with in the tech support forum

some folks will hopelessly simp for blizzard’s negligence no matter what type of evidence is presented to them. its a pretty sad hobby.

their claim is entirely rubbish, at no point has the forum ever had that many CS reps active at once.

…although i’d be happy to look at this alleged “evidence”, i’m always up for a good laugh.

You’re just not worth it, bud.

that’s an interesting way of telling me i’m right.

…but i’ll take it.

Have you seen how few of those threads a Blue actually responded to? Less than 50 percent. Only only thread on the first page is marked resolved. Some of those threads have been waiting upwards up 30 days with no response at all. Other threads have regular forum posters guessing their way through to try to be nice and help someone out. Blizzard should not be relying on free forum labor to supplement their tech support. We should be able to easily open up Tech Support tickets for a product we are paying for.

1 Like

good god this is one of the most roundabout way of saying “it’s your fault for having such high expectations for a game you pay $$ for.”

2 Likes

Back in Cata, you used to be able to call in 24/7 if you had a problem. Activision-Blizz is a publicly traded corporation. If you/we gripe enough, it’ll happen.

2 Likes

Any time I’ve had to speak to a GM it just results in unhelpful roleplay dialogue suited for children, not actually addressing the legitimate problems in the game. And if you submit an in-game bug report, seems like it’s just screaming into the abyss - those issues never get addressed much less acknowledged by a human. The state of this expansion feels like a beta with how much is broken and ignored, and I think most people have simply given up Blizzard ever fixing anything properly. This expansion is designed to be an unproductive time sink, and time wasted navigating progression breaking bugs plays right into that.

2 Likes

If you read the articles about Blizzard laying people off, most of the people they lay off are customer support.

1 Like

Yes i agree the service is awful now, which suggests the game isnt as loved or well populated as it once was.

Imagine having to submit a ticket to your cable company for internet problems and waiting 3+ days for someone to give you an irrelevant canned response and closing your ticket, instead of being able to talk to someone who can at least pretend to care. This is what those who defend “they’ll get back to you in a few days” are perfectly fine with.

Did you read the articles? If you did, you would find that the last CS layoff was in 2012.

The 2019 layoffs were front facing positions - Community Management, marketing, PR, esports. They did not lay off anyone in CS or Development.

So no, the CS team supports ALL the Blizzard games and is quite busy. They did not lay any of them off.

They have never personally replied to Bug reports unless they need more information.

Did you want an automated message that says
“Thank you for submitting a Bug report. The following will happen: QA will document, investigate, reproduce, and prioritize the bug. Development will fix bugs as soon as possible based on priority and feasibility. Updates will be provide in the Hotfix Notes and/or Patch notes when released.”

Honestly, maybe an auto message explaining the process would help.

They are busy helping players across ALL Blizzard games and services. There is no dedicated WoW CS team - there has not been for many many many years. It is one team, mostly in the Texas office, who support all account issues, Billing, tech support, appeals, GM requests, etc.

sounds like Activision-Blizzard needs to do a better job lol, you’re pointing out the reasons why CS has been subpar, it’s noticeable, I had to wait 7 days for a response on a raid lockout bug for them not even to reset the correct one, but I did get a snarky response though! thanks blizzard

3 Likes

I agree, they’ve made it more difficult (and frustrating) to find support. Recently I had a problem with a quest that I thought was a bug (still do) and it took me 3 days of their “go to wowhead” nonsence before I finally got a human response. However, the sad fact is that this must be the new way to do business because I’ve had similar problems with other companies.

Lazy - BAD - customer support.

1 Like

Their customer service is really at a level far below what you can find at the bottom of the barrel elsewhere and it’s appalling that so many people are OK with it. Any reputable place at a minimum has a phone number to call for product support (not just billing, but actual support with the product), yet Blizzard does not have that and people are OK with it for…what reason again? Small indie multi-dollar company or something?

1 Like

Out of curiosity what game company can you call for Game Support - not just Billing as you said?

Do any game companies offer that? I know Activision is WAY worse than Blizzard and I can’t think of a game company with a dial in number anymore.

Blizz, when they are not working from home, has Live Chat and Phone callback for Billing, Account Access, and some Tech Support issues.

They are not allowed to give game hints and don’t personally fix bugs though - which is something many people seem to want them to do.

1 Like

because the majority of the issues are resolved by players.

a post doesn’t “need” a blue response to be resolved.

the threads with no response at all, are usually ones which are just straight up complaint threads… nothing to do with technical issues, and nothing to work with.

basically posts which boil down to: “it’s broken, fix it now!”

how is anyone expected to work with that?

it’s quite literally what the forums are for.
players helping each other.
…it’s also faster than waiting around for tickets.

pretty sure the phones were restricted to office hours, because i remember people on the other side of the planet complaining that they weren’t able to call within the specified window.

there’s no amount of money which would be enough to be raged at all day.
it can only be a good thing that calls were removed.