If I pay a subscription, there should be some customer support

I also have not had good experiences with customer service. I’ve only opened a couple of tickets over 15 years an have never had one of my problems fixed through it. Recently 2v2 Arenas aren’t giving honor or conquest for wins (or even trivial honor for losses) I’ve missed out on two weekly chests because of it. I have reported a bug, and opened a ticket. Customer service agents don’t even seem to read the ticket, I get the same response each time I respond. I’m just told nothing is wrong, but if I want to I can report a bug. There are at least two forums addressing this issue and yet no one seems to care. I agree that if I am paying for a subscription there should be some kind of recourse to make sure the game is working properly. I can’t just reduce the amount I pay based on features that I’m not receiving.

2 Likes

Ya, sorry that’s a load of bull spit. I sent in a ticket for doing a dungeon where two items were to drop. They did drop, but all the other players left so when I looted the corpse it said I do NOT meet the criteria to loot these items. Knowing I’d need to plead my case I instantly gm ticketed, sending them the time, date and screenshots. The gm couldn’t help me, nor could be bothered to try for another gm who may have been able to solve it.

Their response was literally a copy pasted “sorry this is not in our power to give you the item you deserve”.

Gms back then would literally escalate issues to upper management to solve them, create the items you should’ve had. Gms today are useless as títs on a bull…

2 Likes

90% of tickets that aren’t resolved are considered game hints. That’s why you’re redirected to wowhead.

There was no recent cut to support staff. That’s just a GD lie. An article that players love to post as proof,

https://kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-begins-massive-layoffs-1832571288

clearly states the cuts were to,m and i quote, “At Blizzard, the layoffs appear to only have affected non-game-development departments, such as publishing and esports, both of which were expected to be hit hard.”

It’s time to stop spreading that lie.

Customer service is DEFINITELY awful compared to what it used to be. I remember getting whispered by GM’s while in game in response to a ticket I had opened up, and they were always friendly and helpful. That was during WotLK, which had the most subscribers ever. If they could give that kind of personalized service with those kind of subscriber numbers then, what’s the excuse now? I don’t even bother submitting bug reports now. I don’t want to screw around with the website and having to click through all the different menus. They took something that was easy and made it more complex.

3 Likes

oh, honey. bless your heart.

i know 2 people who lost their jobs as GMs during the cuts, guess they were imagining things.

3 Likes

Oh you sweet summer child?

Laughs and wiggles toes

yep back in legion.

OMG two people!

That’s your proof?

Blame the customer seems to be the go to philosophy. FYI customers are not the enemy- they pay to keep the lights on.

CS is an automated circus designed to either have the customer find help elsewhere or abandon the ticket completely. There is no meaningful CS.

7 Likes

or you know the fact that there is only ever ONE OR TWO BLUE CMS IN THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT FORUMS now. when there used to be at least a dozen.

1 Like

Every ticket I have opened has been resolved in no more then 24 hours. I have never had an issue when speaking with a GM. And opening a ticket is easy if you bother to read through the steps.

But then I also don’t expect customer service to be at my beck and call like some of the people here.

The same couple blues have been there for a decade now.

1 Like

i’ve never had any problem getting issues resolved.

stop expecting GMs to do stuff they can’t do.

1 Like

there were more than two blues there. but keep up your denial of facts.

1 Like

What facts?

You’ve provided no facts, just the usual GD claims.

1 Like

I did in expansion previous. This expansion, I’ve had a ticket open for 10+ days before they got back to me… and they didn’t even do that, I got no answer or address to the issue, they just sent me the automated mail.

Last time I opened a ticket I got a computer generated response that told me to check wowhead. I then replied and reopened the ticket informing Blizzard I don’t buy products or game time from wowhead and received an actual GM response a day or two later.

They’re likely outsourced because the reply I received was missing punctuation (important things too, such as a period) and the grammar was lacking to put it nicely.

1 Like

ITT - A bunch of people who think GM = god and can do whatever they want and peeved they don’t.

I have worked very closely with front line support staff in most of my jobs over the years and while I can’t say I have worked for Blizzard, I still can pretty much guarantee they would much rather have the magic fix all button many of you seem to think they possess rather than get some kind of perverse pleasure in denying you help.

Why? Simple fact of the matter is they have ticket quotas and such to get through and would much rather snap their fingers and auto complete your quests or give you lost currency or anything else to just get you to be satisfied and them moving on to the next problem. Reopened tickets and tickets having to be pushed up the chain or otherwise left unresolved impacts their numbers and can even affect their reviews and stuff.

1 Like

i once had to post in the Technical Support forums because when i tried to open a ticket about a major glitch it sent me into an endless circle. they wouldn’t address the ticket issue but they did finally help me with the original glitch

the time before that it took three tickets and over a month for someone to spend less than a minute to figure out why one of my toons kept getting booted every time i logged on

pretty much everything has been going downhill with blizz as far as i can tell

4 Likes

Email reads,

We are experiencing a high volume of tickets right now and apologize for being unable to discuss the issue further with you.

Please attempt the following for potential resolution:

2 Likes