If I get insulted in a key I just leave

It is a double edged sword being a healer. You’re keeping people alive while they make constant mistakes and it’s a huge responsibility. I’d say even more so now with how rough some of these dungeons are.

But on the other hand you have the power of life and death, and the ability to determine if a key succeeds or not. So there’s that. I’ve ruined a few keys for people who thought it was a good idea to insult the people who serve them their food(loot).

1 Like

I wonder why people hide behind an alt when making this type of threads.

People don’t want to be judged. Maybe they just want to come in and vent about their perspective or experience and get some advice or maybe validation. Maybe they’re not doing high keys and think they won’t be taken seriously if they complain about the gameplay in something like a 12. Maybe they logged into the forums months ago and it just landed on that toon and they didn’t notice until they already posted and just took a “oh well” attitude and didn’t bother changing it.

My question would be, why does it matter, so long as the post isn’t needlessly provocative or inflammatory or trolling? OP isn’t claiming anything wild. I don’t see why it matters.

1 Like

OP used the context of ‘my groups aren’t using lust on packs on fortified weeks’(a credible and relatable complaint) to garner support, then later in the replies revealed that what actually happened is they called for lust in a scenario where a wipe was almost guatanteed to happen because they were desperately falling behind on healing (3 gcds from a total wipe), and the group didn’t want to risk wasting it.

Which, anyone with an imagination could fill in the blanks, see OP probably got snarky over their orders not being followed, the group returned the abuse so OP ‘bailed’ then came here looking for validation for their poor behavior.

OP didn’t want the backlash of people investigating and possibly seeing they were in the wrong, but the sense of security they got from people supporting them because of their dishonest description lured them into giving away enough detail for people to see that OP is probably pretty toxic and entitled.

1 Like

Poetry in motion.

:dracthyr_tea:

That’s a matter of perspective. Considering there are millions of keys run every season, and every group he isn’t in is a leave and he leaves hundreds of thousands…this dude does an insane amount of keys.

Sometimes a preplanned big pull on trash is a good thing. :blush:

1 Like

I’d argue the intent very well could have been to be inflammatory. Leavers in keys is a very divisive topic, and the OP seems to have left for a relatively innocuous reason. To me it seems likely he was trying to bait a rage thread.

1 Like

So let’s say OP’s main is a holy priest. Let’s pretend it’s ilvl 455 and doing +12s. And you’re able to see all that from either armory or raiderio. What does that change about anything they said? They said they leave groups when they’re insulted. They said they called for lust on trash when the group was struggling and “3 GCD” from wiping. Cool. If my hypothetical scenario is true, nothing changes beyond folks doing what GD does best and drawing conclusions based on their own experiences to assume the OP was at fault or to judge them for saying they were struggling on a 12, etc. Which you’ve already done without ever seeing their main.

So what changes?

For the record, I suspect there’s more to OPs story, too, (and commented up-thread on that) but there’s nothing that’s going to change for me if I know OPs main. Maybe if they came in and said it happened on a 26 I’d be more like, “Oh crap, what dungeon were they on where they didn’t lust on trash on a fort 26??” But I’d be surprised if they’re doing 26s.

1 Like

Ah, now this I can appreciate. I absolutely see this perspective. Perhaps my give af meter is too low to catch these kinds of things lol. :joy: I just think people are going to flame up whether it’s an alt or a main.

Its because a certain subset of forum readers are not interested in discussing or debating the merits of the post but instead go straight to the authors’ Armory and begin to it pick apart looking for perceived weaknesses that they can use to undermine the individual making the post.

Sometimes good ideas come from people who are not a top 1% raider or PvPer but those ideas are lost in the clutter of (and this literally happened to me) some punk saying “I have more credibility on this issue than you because I got that achievement 15 days before you did”

Sure when posting on a main we can choose to ignore the inevitable ad hominem, (Latin: “against the man”) type of argument or attack that appeals to prejudice or feelings or irrelevantly impugns another person’s character instead of addressing the facts or claims made by the latter… but why not dodge the Armory digging in the first place?

That leaves the attacker who doesn’t want to address the issue only one narrow avenue - to claim you are “hiding” behind an alt.

I mean,

Calling out lust because of a wipe on trash and not getting what you want isn’t “leave worthy”…

I’m sure there’s a lot more to that story like we all agree’d on.

But let’s take your scenario, it’s a +12.

Wiping on trash on a +12 does not brick the key…

I’ve had +30 deaths on a +14 and we were still able to time it…

So leaving a +12 just seems like a lot more happened than OP claimed.

It’s a disingenuous thread at best where OP is playing victim without giving us the other side.

I totally agree re: the wiping on a 12. Was just discussing last night with folks I run with regularly how lenient the timers feel this season.

Generally speaking, I support folks’ right to leave a key at any time, for any reason. That’s the risk you take with pugging. Personally, however, it would take a lot for me to leave a key. I’ve finished a few with only four people after someone else left. In fact, I think the only time I’ve ever stopped and left a key, it was a mutual decision of the group as a whole.

It is pure speculation on everyone’s part except OP and her teammates as to how that all unfolded. Like the previous poster said, we can use our imaginations, sure. But we’re going to do that whether they post on an alt or a main. The only difference would be on their main, GD would pick apart everything else and would have diminished their claim of being insulted as enough reason to leave. Honestly, without a screenshot of chat logs (and probably even then! lol), GD is going to pick apart their experience regardless. That’s ultimately what I’m getting at - with posts like these, it doesn’t really matter. People are going to pick it apart.

Well this is where their reputation would come into play.

if OP was on their main and kept a majority of their posts there we would be able to come in and say “oh, not another one of these again…”

But instead we instantly give OP the benefit of the doubt and engage in this discussion because we just have no idea who this is. (and that’s okay)

But here we are…most posts supporting OP with the “yas girl yass” without gathering more information on the matter.

I’m not here to dismiss claims…but sus threads are sus.

They’re picking it apart now because we literally have no information on which sock puppet this is :dracthyr_crylaugh:

The self validation seeking is weird.

“support me for leaving a key where i only presented my side”

1 Like

Well, someone could have theoretically told them ‘you can wipe several times in 12’s and still 2 chest,’ so lust would have been better used for X.

OP revealed this themself.

I know who their main is. Lol But I’m judging based on their attitude and story.

I don’t waste time on devil’s advocate scenarios, I just call it like I see it. I’ve pugged… probably a thousand keys in my life with little to no toxicity, if a wipe happens you dust yourself off and get back to it or rip the key and move on. Getting into a pissing contest with 4 strangers over not being obeyed just shows a lack of maturity at best, and a sense of entitlement at worst.

1 Like

Ah, the sock puppet issue I can empathize with. There’s a poster on these forums who loves to bash M+ players who sock puppets like mad. And I love calling it out because they’re just incredibly hateful to an entire group of people. It’s weird. And I hope they see this post (HI!!!).

Sometimes I wish folks would post screenshots of their chat logs with situations like this, where maybe they just want someone to say, “I would’ve left, too” so they’re not feeling thin-skinned or something.

1 Like

Cool, sink down to their level by trashing a key for the others that did nothing. :grinning:

Just put them on ignore and report if it’s vulgar, finish the key and never party with them again.

They’re just words, baby… :sob:

3 Likes

Agreed. I’ve pugged or partial pugged hundreds of keys since legion. I can count on one finger the number of times I encountered genuine toxicity. And I’ve had pugs stick out dozens of wipes (one of my fondest memories was pugging into a 4AD in BFA and offering my own 11AD to a group who’d never done a 10 before - we had over 110 deaths and it took 2 hours and we’re all still friends lol).

So I agree with you in general - however, this is assuming that this is what happened to the OP. Not at all what OP claimed. Regardless, I still don’t think it matters if they post this on an alt or main.

1 Like

I’m also basing a great deal on this gem. This sets the stage to give a bit of transparency on their sense of self importance, so it’s easy to pair that with how their story plays out to form a general opinion of what kind of person they probably are to deal with.

Being a healer isn’t an excuse to be a diva. I can’t tell you how frustrated I get when tanks will go almost entire dungeons keeping me mana starved when they could have easily waited 5 seconds a few times to make my job 5x more comfortable without costing the group enough time to concern themselves over (versus risking wipes if I run OOM), but I just bite my tongue for the sake of harmony.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, I totally get that part. I’m not a diva healer either. I know my role and I know in what way I provide strength to my team without ever thinking it’s more than what any other team member is providing. I don’t ever run a group that needs a healer since I’m always in that role, so I’m not familiar with how healer-starved groups really are this season/expansion, but GD would make it seem like it’s pretty bad. Perhaps that kind of atmosphere gives some folks the idea that their role as healer comes with a crown lol.

1 Like