If Earthen can be shaman and paladins, why not dracs?

That is not all you’ve said to me…

Don’t even with me, this ain’t my first rodeo

Theyre not what?
Dark magic users? They are.
They use void magic too.
So you can sorta work it that theyre void magic users with voidwalker summons only, and now theyre learning about fel and demons.

But yeah, dumb combo.

Blizzard was pretty clear its just having faith in something at this point.

What I mean is that they’re not just dark magic users…

You come out of stasis with demon spells.

Like they’re legit locks. Not lightless spriests

What they should have done is what they originally said and it’s for dracs learning from.mortals, not having their classes in their ranks before stasis

Like fill the FR with mortal trainers or something

Because baby dragons not as cool as diamond dwarves :crazy_face: :popcorn:

Like how dumb is it that only evokers awoke originally and everyone else didn’t…

Maybe they’ll do the Worgen Druid thing and not give them more than their basic spells until after finishing the intro (Worgen Druids at least back in Cata didn’t start getting their more advanced abilities until after fully becoming Worgen. Don’t know if that’s still the case now though)

They start at lv 10…

I don’t really care about Drac being playable by other classes. Make Evokers and Demon Hunters available to other races.

1 Like

Because despite what the forums keep telling themselves, the issue was never about assets and always about lore. Shaman, Paladin, and Druid aren’t the rarest classes because they require “special assets” (seriously Paladins require one mount), it’s because those classes are the most specific in their lore definitions. While not all serving the Light (Tauren Sunwalkers don’t), all Paladins are a specific flavor of warrior-priest. Not every culture has something like that commonly represented. But every culture has “guy who hits things with weapons” so that’s why every race can be Warrior.

Since we have to go by pre stasis lore

Shaman doesn’t really need some super lore to justify, we’ve seen that with how flimsy goblin shaman lore is.

For paladins, the dracs had great faith in neltharion himself and then by extension Tyr, so there you go.

Can we talk about the biggest crime?

Dracthyr still not being able to mog anything but shoulders and a belt… and blizzard is opening them up to classes with some of the best looking sets in the game…

1 Like

I agree.

If not grant that then at least separate drac and visage mog

Why? Honestly curious.

There’s even a quest line in Isle of Dorn where an Earthen cop and an Arathi cop team up and become best buds by the end, and at the end of the quest line the Earthen cop is asking the Arathi cop about learning more about his religion/philosophy, telling him that it sounds like a good thing. Walah! Earthen Paladins!

I agree Goblin Shaman lore is weak but that was also during Cataclysm where they were specifically trying to remove the guardrails from as many class/race restrictions as they could. I’m not a fan of most of the new combos they added in Cataclysm but that genie is out of the bottle now.

This is where we get into a bit of subjective territory though. Personally, I don’t think that idolizing Tyr is the same as making warrior-priests a part of your culture. Doubly so given that every other example of Paladins we have (even Tauren Sunwalkers) occupy a special place in the social structure of their culture.

Shamans are similar, which isn’t surprising given that shamans in reality were a specific kind of priest that fulfilled a specific social role in the cultures they appeared in. Neither of these kinds of cultural practices, Shaman or Paladin, are something we’ve seen Dracthyr practice much if at all. That doesn’t mean they couldn’t be added, but there’s no positive evidence for them and personally while I’m not entire opposed to breaking down class/race barriers, I’d want a lot more work done to justify them than what you’ve provided in your 20-word post.

That would be nice, but I want to mog out my drac form 100%.
They allowed worgens to have goofy fitting helms for over 10 years, but they didn’t want to make sets work for a lizard?

1 Like

The Aspect were created by the Pantheon of Order which are the Titans who use Magic as their source of power and the Aspects imprisoned the Primal Incarnates which is elemental.

So yes they are against anything other than Order, that’s why they were created. The whole Dragon expansion was about this.

Well they were super faithful to Nelly, he was their creator. So they could have. Channeled that faith on him…

Now once they wake up, they’re faith would probably be on their people and/or Tyr, given the Tyrs guard, once they find out what happened to him.

So why do they have locks and priests…

Go ahead, I’ll wait

Also the primalists were jailed because they were a threat, not because they used the elements.

I mean come on Nelly was the aspect of EARTH. Who took his place in dragon soul again???

Paladins draw power from faith, like night elves to elune, tauren to anshe, trolls to loa. It isn’t the light which is its own force, its your faith in a higher power.

Better question, why not NEs…