If Blizzard ever adds player housing

So Everquest 1 and 2 can do it and sounds like they did it well for the time, but Blizzard cant? Nah more like they don’t want to. They can afford to and they have a much larger team than Everquest had I’m sure. Ion should stop lying and just say “Cause we don’t want to. Stop asking.”

3 Likes

20 years later.

Too little. Too late.

That should be Blizzard’s motto.

why expect anything from alcho’s ?

Blizzard had right Dev’s for making Player housing come alive but either let them go or fired them or laid them off…cause there are 3 former Blizzard Dev that built and published the game Palia which has a wonderful housing system…its great…

2 Likes

They’ve been around for way longer than 2 years… unless you’re saying stuff like Starcraft and Diablo started two years ago and now we’re suddenly at Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void and Diablo 4

Haha great minds think alike, apparently.

if palia has such a wonderful player housing system, why don’t you just play palia and enjoy your house there?

Honestly I hope player housing never becomes a thing, completely out of spite because I’m so tired of hearing people complain about wanting it.

Like, cool, great, just another random bloated system in the game that will be abandoned as soon as the novelty wears off. Just like Garrison, Class Hall, Covenants, Farmstead… And all the xpac resources like War Resources or whatever that nobody bothers tracking because you gain so much just by sitting around that you never need to really grind for it.

Maybe I’m just cynical? But after a 10 year hiatus and coming back to the game, there’s just so much random stuff that’s not even worth doing because it was the “shiny toy” for one xpac and was then abandoned because there was no room for it to develop.

I agree with you about all that. Blizz has a bad habit of only partially doing things and then forgetting about it. I honestly don’t care about housing, but I do want new professions if they ever take the leap.

but we do have housing in wow, you can find a guide to create your new house on wowhead.

here is the link:

Guide to Garrisons in Warlords of Draenor - Wowhead

Thanks for a link to something I have tapped out a long time ago. I appreciate you and hope to see more quality posts from you in the future.

would you like me to link a guide that helps you to build a lovely herb garden in your garrison housing complex?

housing for WOW needs to be something like the garrison, and purchasable in the cities, or small towns of their choice.

but garrisons are housing for wow. why would we need another one?

1 Like

They have player housing in ESO. I thought it would be a pretty cool feature personally, but after buying a few realized what’s the point? Seriously, what is it about player housing that people would think is so fun? I guess I just don’t get it.

1 Like

Essentially, they would fall into one of two categories:

1. Purely cosmetic, and would work primarily as a gold sink. These would see the most use from roleplayers, though not exclusively. Additionally, they could go along the the route the SWTOR took, and offer decoration rewards based on achievements, and let players use them as a way to reflect on their in-game accomplishments. To some extent, garrisons did this as well, most notably with the three monuments, the stables, and the pet building.

2. Garrisons 2.0, where they are tied to progression for the expansion, and players spend all of their time inside of them when not PVPing or Raiding, just like we did in WoD. I would hope that nobody wants this.

1 Like

I’m not huge on housing , I think guild halls would make more sense… but if either happened logging and woodworking would be sensible to add to the game. If logging gave xp I’d be happy to support all those wood workers.

1 Like

It sure must be hard for a multi-billion dollar company to make some widdle changes to their codebase. Oh well! Another copy-pasted expansion for you! And you’ll LIKE IT!

1 Like

Lord of the rings online should be the gold standard for this idea. All crafts can tie into the house, catch a nice fish? Put it on the wall. Wanna grow some pipeweed? Plant some. Houses are in little instanced communities with friends being able to visit if they’d like and some guilds have big old houses. Different themes and vibes depending on the “neighborhood” you’d like.

It doesn’t have to be central to the game with wartables and progression. Just something to do and fart around in while waiting for other content.

1 Like

Player housing isn’t ‘Widdle’ by any means, to make sure everything for it works is a lot more work than some folk really know.