IDKY but Warthin seems to be a divisive topic for wow players

why are we trying to name expansions after food.

warthin deeez nuts

because bread is funny

Excuse me I love you

1 Like

I haven’t seen it be a really divisive topic, and I’m gonna call it WW. Just like I call Dragonflight DF.

Or we can all just shun this clown and put them on ignore :man_shrugging:
Give it up Tob. It ain’t happening, especially when it’s much faster to just type WW as opposed to “WaRtHiN!”

Don’t make me post the Tropic Thunder meme.
You all know which one I’m talking about ^_~

Whirlwind.

Windwalker.

Those are taken!!

1 Like

Wonder Woman

WW can mean lots of things. But I’ll never use the nickname some are trying to make stick.

1 Like

And DK could also be Donkey Kong.
Do you have a point? :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Oh you mean WW

The war on thin people has to end. Stop making them eat cookies.

Leave all the cookies for us nonnies.

I’m just saying none of our expansions have used abbreviations we’ve already using for other things.

Vanilla/Classic didn’t have an abbreviation, we just call it OG for ‘original’ or just Vanilla.

TBC, WoTLK/Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion (or ‘Leg’ but I never used that), BfA, SL, and now DF.

I think The War Within is just gonna end up ‘TWW’, it’s simple like the others.

Idk if we have any multi-use abbreviations like that.

There was “DM” which people said was Dire Maul, and VC (VanCleef) for Deadmines to avoid confusion. That’s the only time I can think of DM being used for two different things, and it was avoided on purpose.

I’d rather call it “The War” or “War Within” than “Warthin”, lol anything but that.

Nah, go for it. We disown this one.
In fact, give me a sec. I’ll set up some uprights if you want to practice field goals :+1:

Pretty much every expansion has been a “meh” by players since MoP announcement. You have a lot of people who see the shiny things and are probably fairly new so they assume every little thing is going to save WoW. Then you have people like me who have been there many times before, know how the story generally tends to go and aren’t setting ourselves up for disappointment.

The Dragonflight announcement trailer came out just before YouTube took down dislike numbers and it was getting ratio’d pretty hard. Most of their announcements have been that way. Reddit isn’t really indicative of how players feel about something, especially with a moderation team like theirs who have taken down numerous posts about pretty damning things because “Players aren’t expressing issues, they’re attacking developers because of this.” Which yeah, players who don’t like a change to something might inform the person they feel made the change that they do not like it. If you can’t handle that fact, probably just don’t use social media. Additionally I now have to take anything of that subreddit’s visible opinion with a grain of salt given the moderation has seen fit to astroturf narratives before, and we know for a fact Blizzard has some degree of control over the moderation there, even if it’s just sending them user mail about upsetting posts they want removed because of bad PR.

Kinda the same case with that one astrophysicist that everyone keeps parroting as undeniable fact, then you have people in his field who agree with him saying “Yeah we have no idea where these numbers are coming from, it’s just not possible.” Which again, now everything he says needs to be held to scrutiny given he’s either concealing some very big breakthrough which is fine, or lying which is more likely when someone makes a claim but refuses adamantly to show their work, or that a few who have come out against him have been tarred and feathered instead of disproven. Ack, what’s the dude’s name, something Tyson.

Or TW2 or T2W

2 Likes

2 Likes

i’m indifferent to it.

i pre-ordered it. will do the raids and the quests and the trading and the mining and the crafting.

not excited, but i don’t need excitement, i like the slow and peaceful calm of jsut going through life.

2 Likes

oh I didn’t know that. ty for that insight.

The portmanteau is dumb.

1 Like

80 percent of the WotLK cinematic is just Arthas listening to an audiobook about himself and people still act like it’s one of the best WoW cinematics when it’s really one of the worst