Icy Veins: SMS required for 9.2 group finder tool including authenticator

Into my account? That’s why you’re my hero Clark, thanks

Seriously. Here’s the minimum/recommended specs for WoW:

No cell phone listed there, yet. Better add it under “recommended,” Blizz, in the interest of full disclosure.

6 Likes

I dont have a cell phone , damn Blizz.

Ah well, Ill be down by the creek beating my dirty drawers on a rock if you need me.

2 Likes

This is only for customized text in the group finder. Don’t do that? Then a cell phone is optional in terms of WoW.

They need to reintroduce the physical authenticator.

4 Likes

Except the group finder is sorely lacking in features that make it functional without custom text. If Blizz adds those features then this would be a valid point.

2 Likes

This is already a thing, they’re just explicitly stating it.

1 Like

I’m surprised nobody has figured out that google voice exists yet

doesn’t work for this.

1 Like

The problem is that it the authenticator doesn’t accept many of these cheap phone plans. Many cricket users haven’t been able to connect their phone numbers to their account. I, a metro pcs user, can’t connect my number to my account.

3 Likes

I don’t even care anymore. At the point when it just becomes to bothersome to play I’ll just play something else. Endwalker is here anyway.

7 Likes

Guess Blizzard was still bitter about the response their “Don’t you people have phones?” got at Blizzcon so they decided to strike back hard.

3 Likes

So you much rather have boosters spam the tool finder?

Icy Veins and Clark are way behind the times. This has been a thing since 9.1.5 dropped.

And there’s still booster spam lol.

4 Likes

I have a Tracfone that is compatible with the Autheticator and SMS protection. I don’t have a monthly plan for it but pay for airtime for a year right now. It only costs me about $140 for a years service and since I don’t use it very much it gives me enough minutes to last for the year. I occasionally have to buy more data but it is only $10 for 1GB of data.

You can make your own groups without using the LFG tool.

How are Cricket customers unable to verify their phone number?

I call BS on that, since I’ve been with them for years.

All you do is type in your phone number and Blizzard sends a code you type into your account screen for security verification.

Considering all phones at Cricket are smart phones, now–the cheapest is like $30…I feel this is completely untrue.

Give it time, once the Mage Tower is brought back for the time walking event and more people realise you aint getting those old Legion skins…

Good Times!

blizzard explicity DOES NOT support cricket.