Icy Veins: SMS required for 9.2 group finder tool including authenticator

Now having a smartphone with a phone plan service is mandatory, for the app and texting

I don’t think wowhead picked this up

14 Likes

Good

It’s 2021, if you can’t at least afford a cheap little metro pcs smart phone then you shouldn’t be playing WoW tbh. I was on the verge of becoming homeless at one point and still had a junker smart phone, thing was like $50.

Phones & speedy communication are a necessity this day in age, they aren’t optional anymore.

32 Likes

I knew they would do this

Now boosters have to have a unique phone number to advertise and thats costly

Time to get a cell phone plan now guys the future is now

2 Likes

Makes it easier to ban too, biggest problem rn with straight banning spammers/advertisers is a lot of them are compromised accounts.

1 Like

Oh god the forums will be awash in more lfg posts.
Almost makes me miss Mage Tower threads

10 Likes

hope not. i got rid of my cell years ago. got me into the most trouble of my life!

4 Likes

Can we see your ankle bracelet

16 Likes

They really need to come up with a better way of dealing with the issue, before long we will need to submit a DNA sample and an iris scan. The better solution to the problem would be to hire GMs to actively monitor and deal with this issue in game. After enough of carry teams get banned, they will stop.

10 Likes

interesting logic and not sure if you’re trolling.

7 Likes

I’m dead serious, if your financials are in so much ruin that you can’t afford a minor neccesity like a phone then you need to get off the video games and go grind IRL till you’re in a better position.

10 Likes

Dude not everyone pays wow with their income

Some play with gold

11 Likes

I think for some people it has nothing to do with them not being able to afford one.
They just might not need or want one but they still want to play this game.

Oh and what Clark said. Could be someone who pays with gold too.

13 Likes

I can see it now.

My rotary phone with pulse dialing is good enough!

2 Likes

I don’t support this. Why will this be required, when the group finder is so restricted already?

7 Likes

Fair.

At that point tho they’re intentionally gimping themselves, I guess that’s a personal choice.

To unlock full access to the Group Finder tool

But what does that mean? “Full access?” Are we talking about the same functionality we have now? Because I thought that we already had to have SMS protect to do this?

3 Likes

Some people aren’t even in the US

They are extremely limited to buy things due to their currency

Like I have an EU account but I am unable to buy wow tokens for cash

I can however buy them with gold

5 Likes

Not all “cheap little smart phone” plans are compatible with the authentication, and there’s no real way to tell until you’re already signed up with a plan.

6 Likes

I think for me it’s just that I don’t think you should have to have device B to be able to do everything in a game you play on device A.

Like I would’ve been really mad if I had had to have a Playstation portable to be able to access certain features in a game I was playing on my Playstation.

Realistically, most people have a phone but are mad because of the above I think.

10 Likes

Metro is. Certain ones that piggyback off networks are iffy.