Icy Veins: SMS required for 9.2 group finder tool including authenticator

Some people out in the country do not have internet

They still rely on dial up or satellite internet

Reminds me of that Diablo reveal at Blizz con.

I guess they are really leaning in to the phone business. To the point that they want you to have one linked to play a PC game.

I don’t know why Blizzard is throwing up hurdles and impediments for new players, and old players. Making things overly complicated.

I think Blizzard could combat spam in other ways. This seems the most intrusive.

8 Likes

What if Jesus decided the best way to tell everyone about his second coming was through a mass mobile text since he figures thats the modern way of human communication?

You don’t get the text of where to meet up for the rapture now you in hell cuz you didn’t wanna drop 30 a month

2 Likes

:thinking:

:face_with_monocle:

:heart:

Internet as in fiber or cable that’s what I meant

1 Like

Are these the people lag teleporting around my character in battlegrounds?

Probably IDK

1 Like

Remember when it was really weird when Radio Shack would ask for your phone number to buy some batteries.

2 Likes

He has my beeper number. He knows where to reach me when he needs something on his collection plate. So he can’t use that excuse.

1 Like

This is the most random, nonsensical post imaginable. I find it amazing that you spent time out of your day to type this.

I hope you have a good day.

2 Likes

I kind of figured, but thought you might want to clarify :heart:

Google voice numbers are free.

I live on a mountainside in Kentucky and dag-nabbit we send smoke signals from our stills to communicate… what will I do!?

1 Like

:popcorn: this is going to be a good one!

Someone said in another thread a few weeks ago that there’s an emulator for your pc that you can use for the authenticator, though I haven’t looked into it personally.

1 Like

Emulator is now meaningless if you need text messaging

That’s not really an argument though.

Chances are pretty good you’re already paying for some kind of cell service/cell phone plan “anyways” (even if you didn’t play WoW) - if you’re like most normal people in 2021.

…if you’re some unusual old-timer/boomer type that still uses landline, still uses a 56k modem, still uses cassette tapes, etc then yes, you might have an issue with it.

In the current version of the game both are already required but the tooltips only talk about having an authenticator. I know because I am one of the people that got locked out and still locked out since I do not want to buy a phone.

https://imgur.com/1Ibu4y7

Seems like they are chancing the tooltips to make it more clear that both are required.