ICC BUFF way to early Guild still in progress

You will have had 2 months. If you haven’t gotten the kill by the 5th, then you need the buff. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, as most people do need it.

True. My guild in OG WotLK couldn’t kill normal Lich King even with the 30% buff. Oh well, that’s the price of playing on a small, backwater RP server.

Hardcore is an obvious example of this. Before official servers, people used an add on that tracked their character progress and prevented them from using the mail, AH, or even trading with other people.

Yes. That’s what META means.

Do you want to kill ICC with the Most Effective Tactics Available or do you want to kill it at 0%?

Unless you’re hard stacking warlocks and DKS you’re already breaking meta so…

Nobody is gonna do this. Obviously you don’t know how players and this game work.

1 Like

The option is there. Whether or not your raid has the self-control to do so is another matter. This game is all about making choices. It’s time to make yours.

1 Like

Not a single raid group will ever do that, trust me. I can tell most of you weren’t there back in original Wrath when we had the discussion about the buff; no one will disable the buff, let alone use lower level gear. The only fight people will use lower level gear is Algalon for the lower ilvl gear achievement but even that wasn’t popular at all.

Guilds are in competition with one another, whether you idiots accept it or not.

All of you 11/12 squads basically HAVE to use the buff if you want to compete to recruit. There is no gentleman’s agreement to not use it amongst that many people.

All of you that are in here 6/12 or worse, your guilds are already basically hanging on by a thread. You guys don’t care about a buff or need to even think about it, because you already just take whatever you can get for recruits and you’re not even looking to improve - anyways.

2 Likes

Then they dont actually care about the accomplishment.

And back in Wrath the LK H wasnt even killed until the 5% buff.

Another toxic alt. WF H LK is over. No one cares about world 300th. So either accomplish it without the buff by turning it off, or dont. Apparently people dont care enough about the accomplishment.

5 Likes

Nothing says “Trust me” and “I am a good person” like calling your fellow wow’ers “idiots”. Enjoy the forum vacation.

4 Likes

Can’t come any later, 30% is already on Feb 13 and they probably want to give a month or two of that before Cata Prepatch

2 Likes

How long do you expect Blizzard to wait? Even my casual guild no where near the top of progression lists is 10/12 at this point. I agree they should have created an incentive to NOT use the buff, but it is what it is. Some have suggested 100% mount drop if you do no-buff ICC, could have been great change, but as usual, Blizzard doesn’t give a crap.

This doesn’t apply once the buff is in. With the buff the reward will be exactly the same as without it. There’s thus no incentive to NOT use the buff. So once again, not sure what your point is. You just seem to like typing text simply to type text. Don’t be surprised if I don’t respond to the next one. Spy that with your little eye.

r u new to wow or something, people prog for way longer. my guild only just killed all the heroic bosses except LK this week

Nor should they. Your reward for clearing quicker was getting more heroic loot. All you deserve is what you got.

Yes it does. You will get exactly what you deserve. The loot of the bosses you kill

2 Likes

Well, you’ve got just over 2 weeks left to kill him. Or you can turn off the buff and continue at your own pace. Your choice.

1 Like

In case you don’t kill it so you don’t miss the loot for the lockout? Not sure what is hard to get it… obviously nobody in their right mind won’t use the buff to kill the boss when it happens, but if AFTER you want to try it at 0%, you risk missing out all the loot if you run out of time, it would be stupid to do that until people need nothing from it.

If we couldn’t kill Yogg-0 one week for whatever reason, we could always do Yogg-1, and we only missed… the mount.

Which should be what Blizzard does, really… put the mount to 0% only.

Then do it with the buff because that would clearly mean you guys arent up to that level yet.

How would you know… you know us and our raid schedule?

the proper way to nerf content is gear

the gambling and dopamine of getting items and progressing your character and then achieving the kill is naturally built into the MMO formula, whether you do it early or late

nerfing the content by nerfs to the boss or arbitrary, instance-only raid buffs is not fun, and just nullifies the content, because of the above-stated natural MMO formula. If you present everyone with %30 bonus damage no one will turn it off outside of fringe .01% people doing weird things, like people that speedrun N64 games. The natural design of the game massively encourages you to turn it on.

Its up to the game designer to NOT put stuff like this in until the right time. I was expected like, January to February. ICC is the most iconic raid of WotLK and among the most iconic of all CLASSIC. TO have it done dirty like this stinks.

Imagine being unable to clear a 14 year old raid. Sounds like guilds are just trash