I wish Disney bought Activision

I’ve worked for Fortune 500 companies. I know the difference between what we present as OUR product and what we simply own, but get cuts from. Let me know when you see Blizzard products being presented as Activision Blizzard products.

I’m totally willing to let Blizzard fail. They do it all the time, and It’s their fault.
Blitzchung and liveID comes to mind offhand.

I remember the Mulan actress doing something to show support for the Chinese government in their actions against Hong Kong.

I didn’t really look into it as I ignore Twitter to the best of my ability. But it doesn’t surprise me.

I sincerely hope Disney never buys into this property. You would have a very different WoW experience if it did.

Disney offers a lot of resources, yes. But it also comes with a lot of baggage. Most of it has been outlined here already. Disney has become an incredibly PC company, which by itself isn’t as much an issue as is the fact that they also micromanage. You’re about to see these two forces collide at ESPN in some way over the next 12-24 months; viewership is down, due in large part to ESPN brass (at the behest, or at least with the support, of Disney execs) enforcing adherence to a specific set of political preferences. Well, the one thing Disney is objectively fantastic at is running a tight financial ship , so we’ll see how long the boardroom goes before ordering significant cuts to services. You could argue they’re already doing that, really.

I don’t want WoW to become another Disney “platform.” Management obviously has some kind of worldview that it wants to push but most of us out here just want to find a few activities we can go to for escapism and release.

I love Disney’s theme parks. I like most of their entertainment options for small kids (although Pixar is suffering as much as anyone from a lack of original ideas and too many sequels). I do not care for Disney’s forays into entertainment for adults, and WoW falls into that category more than the others.

Can’t wait for a movie about Jaina the Dreadlord Princess.

1 Like
1 Like

Even though Disney’s recent storytelling has been garbage, I really can’t say that I have more faith in the Blizzard writers currently telling a better narrative. Both are pretty horrendous.

Regardless, my biggest issues with disliking the new Star Wars movies is that, unlike with the individuals who detested the prequels, you have accusations thrown your way about your character and morals if you dislike them.

I decided to watch Solo at one point, and because of that, I haven’t even touched the new movies. Solo was, in my opinion, one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen; however, if you like it, that’s fine. You should be able to like or dislike any form of media without being attacked.

1 Like

yeah cause Mulan turned out so great…

besides the fact there there are MANY legal restrictions for disney doing that, one that is supposed to restrict them from becoming a monopoly, it would be very unwise for a company that knows next to nothing about the gaming industry to take on a company that is one of the leaders in that industry.

The last jedi killed it for me. Why have child slaves when you can have Droids?

1 Like

their notes to shareholders say different. They were losing 300 million PER DAY with their parks closed.

Funniest bit about that was that the Chinese audience didn’t even like it.
They saw the obvious pandering, they hated that chi = magic, they hated that Mulan was special from the word go instead of becoming special through hard work, they hated that Mushu wasn’t there.
Mulan wasn’t made for the Chinese audience, it was made for the CCP. Because Chinese people, like all people, know the smell of a turd.

You ever think about how many child slaves died on those giant ships?

Countless brainwashed children just slaughtered and everyones cheering and celebrating…

Disney has always been PC. Just what PC is has changed a lot over the years and Disney has adapted to those changes. They are interested in providing family entertainment first and foremost and any IP they take direct control over on their platform must adhere to their standards in that regard. Disney does own companies that produce non-family oriented entertainment, but they don’t put the Disney name on them for good reason. But they collect their share of money from them.

How does profit loss from parks closing down due to government issued shutdown during a pandemic translate to “far left wing.”

Unless you’re one of those weird people who think its fake.

1 Like

Welcome to the Dizz Store!

Bambi battle pet: 29.99 (BIS battle pet, of course)
Pooh Bear battle pet: 29.99 (Having him out increases your dps by 0.5%, of course)
Launchpad McQuack’s Plane: 39.99 Fly around in this 300% speed mount! Just don’t crash!

[FALL SALE EVENT!] Cinderella transmog: 19.99 (transmogging this decreases damage taken by 1%, of course)

Nathria Early Access Gamepass!: 99.99 (per player) For the discriminating raider, Gizmoduck will teleport you and your raid to Castle Nathria a week before it publicly opens. A great boost for your quest to world first!

Banned in china

Was going to mention song of the south but that was made in 46

1 Like

What kind of monster would bann Pooh-Bear?!?!

I would totally buy a Pooh Bear pet. Don’t know how well it would go over in China though.

A cartoon is said XI look like Winnie the Pooh so like a mature adult he banned anything relating to Winnie the Pooh.