I want SoM Transfers

Why someone would want to transfer on servers where the whole point is temporary fun is beyond me.

INVEST YOUR MONEY STOP WATING IT!

2 Likes

What do you think they should have done differently that wouldn’t hurt others to help you?

Sure you didn’t. 301 posts, you basically live on this dead forum.

2 Likes

You need a hug, friend?

It’s obviously not common sense for everyone. I dont know how to put this any other way but you are wrong. There are loads of people that didn’t do this. Just a bunch of you promoting this weird narrative about how everyone who didn’t use common sense deserves to reroll and get f***** lol.

5 Likes

301 posts. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

1 Like

It’s frustrating to see people pushing the notion that we SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. Expecting players to predict server population is a total crap shoot. This is clearly something that has to be MANAGED by Blizzard in order to provide a good player experience.

As a matter of fact, I did check out the forums/discord for Mutanus in the weeks leading up to launch. The data suggested the population would be normal. Ofc Jom projected the highest, but nothing suggested Mutanus would be as dead as it is now.

My point is that even if you had tried to predict which servers would have been dead prior to launch, the data was misleading and it’s entirely possible you could have picked “wrong”.

10 Likes

Exactly, Nuggs. Some of us tried to pick the second sweatiest server, not the sweatiest. And, this game should be able to handle two full servers PVP and two full servers PVE, one type on each coast. Cut down the layers to a normal amount, force queues to the other server, and that’s all it would take to balance between the four (in total).

It wasn’t rocket science. If you are going to fully layer everything then just make it one of each. But two of each was fully supportable. Allowing one server to have 947,852,929 players was not a solution.

It seriously wasn’t rocket science. What it did require was someone who game a flying duck. Just one person. Just one.

4 Likes

Guilds were switching to Mutanus from Nightfall before SOM even launched. It was common knowledge that Nightfall was doa and that generally there was only enough people for one west coast server. Then all the sweats that were 60 on week one started whining about dad servers when it turned out that nobody’s paying hundreds of gold for twink gear even though their addons say they should. By week three they were screaming for transfers and before month’s end most of them had rerolled to JOM. The trend setter demographic in this community can’t think, they just do the automated things the addons tell them to do and blame Lizzard when they hit a wall that requires any kind of cerebral activity.

2 Likes

just ignore them. they’re clearly trolling
that said, i am against server transfers. all they will do is exacerbate the issue. the only way transfers would be ok is if the only ones allowed were from jom to somewhere else.

If you’re playing with friends and you’re not a sweatlord then why do you care? Just enjoy the game

Exactly, Nuggs. I actually did do a small amount of research, but still picked wrong. The warning signs on my server didn’t appear until about week 2. By then, it was too late for me. I took a week off work so I could be ahead of the curve. I can’t do that again.

They should have implemented server queues on Jom immediately. There should be free transfers OFF Jom right now. They should have created less servers to begin with.

Ultimately, they should just manage their populations better. Blizzard is notorious for taking a hands-off approach to population management, but this creates all kinds of issues. Then, they like to sell the solution (paid transfers) to their users, which just creates more issues. It’s a profitable cycle.

Except this time, they aren’t allowing transfers. Yet did nothing to prevent populations getting out of control.

3 Likes

Yeah, that one tickled my funny bone.

1 Like

I agree with this. They should manage the servers better.

But the reality is that they don’t. Because of that, players get together and make choices that will minimize the impact of Blizzard’s inaction. In this case, that meant piling on Jom for PvP, and Shadowstrike for PvE. Look at the Classic TBC servers. About 20 of them are literally dead now. Another 10 or so (at least) are on life support. If people had spread out evenly, we’d still eventually get to the point where everybody would pile on one server. Jom getting the unofficial designation just made it come a bit faster.

2 Likes

Because transfers ruin the game.

Go to retail.

If you chose the wrong server that’s on you.

Adding transfers ruins the game.

Go to the realm you want and start again

Exactly this is the only way to do transfers without ruining the game.

tired of these bad players choosing wrong servers then giving blizzard money to ruin the game for everyone/

Transfers will only amplify the server balance problem. Instead have you considered making a name for yourself on your server and creating a group of friends to play with. It’s much easier making friends on medium pop servers than on full servers fyi.

You are level 18. stop being lazy and reroll somewhere. 15 hours of extra playtime is not going to kill you.

if the person in question is going to either A.) transfer their character and play on your realm…or B.) re roll and play on your realm. The result is exactly the same either way…the player will be on your realm. So explain how transfering is worse.

1 Like