I want more LGBTQ representation in wow

I am willing to bet about 75% of people that are homosexual do not live in fear on a daily basis, it is hyperbolic and tired excuse.

Not your country, not your problem. This is a video game. Having a gay couple in WoW isn’t going to stop a gay couple from being punished in one of those 69 countries. This is why it is exhausting go to those countries and protest do something better instead of wasting every ones time wanting too add gay couples everywhere in countries that don’t give a damn.

2 Likes

You kinda seem like you give a damn.

Stupidity annoys me

1 Like

Just go to bed, old man.

Alone time must be hell for you.

3 Likes

Clever girl.

What does that even mean? ‘shoved down throat’?
You’re either ok with seeing LGBTQ people/characters in game or you’re not.

1 Like

Pretty sure you are very much underestimating what it’s like for us, but even asuming you’re right, 25% living in fear is far too much and outright unacceptable.

Hate to break it to you but WoW is played world wide, and I’m not American and don’t live in America. Shocking how the internet works like that. And adding a gay coupple quest even if it makes one person feel accepted is worth it, how exactly does it hurt you of the quest is for Bill asking you to save his husband Jeff instead of asking you to save his wife betty. Why is that such a problem?

Your argument is that it’s a waste of time that dosen’t make a difference but then if that’s true why are you so against it? Where’s the outrage about the Tuskar quest where a woman asks you to rescue her husband?

Last post of the night.

It’s not about being OK with it or not, but you have to admit, the last 6 years have been nothing but an assault on every media about this topic.

It’s in the news everyday. Hollywood has gone out of its way to be woke and has made remakes of just about everything while gender swapping leads to make them the bestest ever. Over and over and over.

Believe it or not, it does get old.

4 Likes

Care to enlighten us? In your normal day to day, what scenarios do you encounter where you are living in fear because of your sexual orientation.

How do people even KNOW your sexual orientation unless you blab about it? When I see a person I assume they are heterosexual unless they tell me otherwise.

2 Likes

I’ll humour you, but I’ve allready stated that I have to show caution when showing affection to my boyfriend in public any time we are outside the house together because it’s actually a risk to both my safety and his, I made that mistake 15 years ago when I was a teenager and kissed my partner before he got on the bus to go home, and then people followed me and jumped me on the way home over it, I ended up in hospital with a broken nose. And that isn’t a rare occourance that’s exclusive to me, Most gay people have suffered from homophobic attacks. Most gay people are still afraid to even tell their parents through fear of being rejected by their own familly.

Most people don’t because I hide it, because I don’t show affection to my partner in public. and the fact I have to do that is an issue in itself.

3 Likes

No I do not admit or agree that there’s been ‘an assault’ about this topic.
These are your fellow human beings who are over being treated as if they shouldn’t exist.
btw…‘woke’ is defined by legit sources as " being conscious of racial discrimination in society and other forms of oppression and injustice".
You seem to have a problem with just being a decent human being, I think that’s terrible.

4 Likes

It’s in the news because it’s still controversial. If you’ll really don’t care it’ll die overnight.

3 Likes

I think you have right and left mixed up.

Big time.

Who is actually changing laws and re-writing childrens books, history books, and African American studies books?

The LEFT!

3 Likes

you need to be represented by a goat?

It’s your choice to consume the media. Let me phrase it like this,

Gay characters aren’t going away. this isn’t me trying to take some dig at your post, it’s my understanding on what’s realistic. It wouldn’t be realistic to make it go away, would it? No of course not.

Now consider the opposite. Let’s say I was posting about “traditional romance” being overused and “shoved down throats”. You see it everywhere, on movie posters and trailers and art. Guy with Girl. Over and over. We don’t have a fancy word for that but let’s call it egg white since it’s not yoke.

Like it or not, romance is an extension of the human experience. Why then are we making it such an issue whenever it’s not straight? What difference does it make to you at the end of the day?

Nothing.

1 Like

Being gay, bi, or trans really isn’t controversial. Activists need it to be controversial so they can exploit those groups for political purposes. Others enjoy the edgy feeling of thinking they are being controversial. And corporate media is just doing whatever generates outrage clicks.

4 Likes

The pendulum swing is impressive I will give you that, but the fad will balance out. Young people are always trying on the latest hats, in a matter of speaking, they get over it fairly quickly when baby making desire takes over.

4 Likes

A lot of people that are straight as an arrow identify as “queer” or “nonbinary” so I don’t pay a lot of attention to the “percentage” of people identifying under those labels tbh. We’re watching a fad grow and fads always fade.

4 Likes

My daughter played around with it in high school, now she is a proud mother in a typical heterosexual relationship. As it was a part of those formative years she will probably carry some of those ideas with her, but I see little of it as mom instincts took over.

3 Likes